Search results

1. fenyan

3D printed trays

I have used the Raaco-sized 1/3 (height) trays and do like them quite a bit, especially for the 1/2" counters where I prefer to give each counter its own compartment. 8 of any support weapon is sufficient for most scenarios, as well as 8 of each crew type (I leave out extra crew beyond 8...
  2. fenyan

Learning ASL - the people you play

Well I can imagine it was good times having Mr. Conner as your friend & opponent.
  3. fenyan

Learning ASL - the people you play

Some random thoughts as I continue my journey of expanding my ASL knowledge. To paraphrase a quote from a veteran, "The key is to fill up your bag of tricks before your bag of luck runs out." Early on, while learning ASL I took plenty of beatdowns. It could be a bit discouraging, like 14 losses...
  4. fenyan

Doomed Battalions (4th Ed) Preorder from MMP

Thanks I think I am 119.
  5. fenyan

Is a hex adjacent to itself?

Which is more acceptable wording for a Victory Condition: 1) The British win if they have a unit adjacent to hex H2. 2) The British win if they have a unit in or adjacent to hex H2. 3) The British win if they have a unit in and/or adjacent to hex H2. H2 is a crossroads, and the intent is for...
  6. fenyan

Son Injured during Airborne Training

Sorry to hear Chas, wishing the best for him.
  7. fenyan

Full collection for sale

Good to have a nice collection like Alan's "stay home" so to speak.
  8. fenyan

Interest in DASL Boards

Thanks for thinking about reprinting these. The original paper ones don't seem to match up too well with the official boards, maybe the reprints could be made to mate up better? Would it be possible to make the five scenarios using these boards available as well? Our SoCal group has enjoyed...
  9. fenyan

Raaco and RitterKrieg trays

That is really quite awesome!
  10. fenyan

Thrown DC

In addition.
  11. fenyan

West Coast Melee 2024 my six games played

Yes. As the Germans I went with 6 AP mines, all on my left side, all of the extra concealment counters, both maps booby trap level A, and two HIP units. One can make an argument for the wire and fortifications as it depends on your strategy. I think William likes the wire.
  12. fenyan

West Coast Melee XXVI - Feb 29 to March 3

I've posted my after-action report here http://www.gamesquad.com/forums/index.php?threads/west-coast-melee-2024-my-six-games-played.194211/
  13. fenyan

West Coast Melee 2024 my six games played

Here are the six games I played at West Coast Melee 2024 in Rancho Cucamonga, California: WO49 Bout of the Century William S. as the Americans Bout of the Century is a big factory fight from the latest Winter Offensive pack and this pack will rank as one of the top three DASL publications...
  14. fenyan

West Coast Melee XXVI - Feb 29 to March 3

Yes congrats to Matt, a fine, technical player!
  15. fenyan

East Front - maps, overlays, scenarios

Cornfields seem very hard to see through so being a LOS obstacle seems right.
  16. fenyan

Today in ASL I ... (Day to day ASL doings)

Yesterday in our play of scenario 195 Rocket's Red Glare, I was playing Ray Woloszyn for the first time. He had a 7-4-7 with BAZ within 2 hexes of the objective hex O7 with my 9-2, two 6-5-8s and a half squad. "Hoping for a critical hit" he said. Rolling a 1,1 he did. Random selection inflicts a...
  17. fenyan

How to play faster ASL

In agreement Darryl! in fact just a few hours ago, I was talking to a fellow "newer" player at our West Coast Melee. He was stating how he was trying to play faster (he has been known for agonizing over decisions in the course of play). He says he actually is enjoying the game more because 1)...
  18. fenyan

Today in ASL I ... (Day to day ASL doings)

While playing Bout of the Century, I felt the game slowly slipping away, so I sent the sniper to the scenario designer's hex. However his squad took the hit for him :D
  19. fenyan

Charlie Kibler glass art

Awesome wish I could be there to get the one with what looks like the Last Act in Lorraine art?
  20. fenyan

How to play faster ASL

I agree with not overthinking it. You can learn from the result whether it was the wisest decision. The main thing about playing faster is you get more "ASL flight time" and end up learning more in the long run. Also, you can select a slightly longer scenario if you and your opponent know you...