Search results

1. william.stoppel

The rarest ASL item?

Tot/KE March Madness 98 Pack
  2. william.stoppel

So what scenarios have you played Recently?

That is a SoCal ASL secret my friend. Come to a SoCal Gameday and you can meet him! Excellent player and great all around guy
  3. william.stoppel

Monday Dan and I finished up J245 Factory Fodder. An interesting scenario with a lot of replayability due to the Americans setting up two HIP squad equivalents (and a leader and SW) up forward and the rest well behind. The back Americans have to move into and occupy the board 10 village and...
  4. william.stoppel

Saturday I playtested a small PTO DASL gem with Woke Dave at our SoCal ASL gameday. Jarheads vs Japs is not my favorite type of scenario but it is DASL so it was awesome. It is slated to be o e of two DASL scenarios in the upcoming/next SoCal Melee pack. With only five turns to get more CVP...
  5. william.stoppel

Message from MMP re: Dean Essig

So sorry for your loss Jim
  6. william.stoppel

Interest in DASL Boards

You could always place them up for preorder. If you hit your magic number, you print. If you don’t then you don’t.
  7. william.stoppel

squad leader review Arab Israeli conflict of 1948 / Genesis

Nicely done! I like the Genesis 48 and beyond stuff although I still need to try Lebanon 82 and the F-15’s
  8. william.stoppel

Interest in DASL Boards

I see more DASL scenarios being played at tournaments as we age. With MMP being all in on DASL I am sure your boards will sell well (and I’ll only buy Finns with DASL 😂)
  9. william.stoppel

The last battle

In the Lone Canuck Koenigsburg module they used 3-3-6’s for Volksturm
  10. william.stoppel

Interest in DASL Boards

I’ll buy them but would prefer if you would publish some new DASL scenarios to go with them!
  11. william.stoppel

West Coast Melee 2024 my six games played

Fen’s boobytraps killed a h/s on my first half turn as a first line squad boxcarred the pin check. I think he got a second h/s the same way later in the game. But my experience with booby traps has usually been a waste
  12. william.stoppel

I think Fen maxed out on mines, HIP and booby traps
  13. william.stoppel

I bought a FT (10 on first roll), the 50 cal, MMG, the DCs and the bazookas
  14. william.stoppel

West Coast Melee XXVI - Feb 29 to March 3

Thx Larry! Congrats to Matt!
  15. william.stoppel

East Front - maps, overlays, scenarios

I think the overlays look great. Love the idea of an outlay to cover up the annoying board edge woods hexes.
  16. william.stoppel

Thursday I was lucky enough to spend the day outside of Memphis for a day rolling dice with Russ. We played FT308 Luchs on the Lookout and FT310 Back to the River. Both were excellent and seemed perfectly balanced with Russ’ defending Russians winning the first one pushing the Germans over the...
  17. william.stoppel

Fen and I played WO48 Assault on the Steelworks Saturday at the SoCal gameday. Of course it was an excellent game because it was DASL. Fen played a great game as the Canucks and kept his boot on my throat throughout to capture the second needed factory on the last turn. This is a really nice...
  18. william.stoppel

Counter thickness?

Just use old errata counters Keith. Easy to take a knife and skin the fronts and backs off. Use a glue stick and voila you have your counters. Or you could laminate the rubble counter sheet, cut out the counters and use a hole punch to cut out the center dot so you can still check LOS...
  19. william.stoppel

Twilight Of The Reich And WO #15 Are Up For Pre-Order

Why too close to real world events?