Search results

1. Neal

J223 - Latecomers

Link to page: https://asl-players.net/asl-aar-latecomers-j223/ The fighting around Séez, France was part of the broader Battle of the Alps during World War 2. Séez is a small town located in the Savoie region of southeastern France, near the border with Italy. On June 22, 1940, Italian...
  2. Neal

Latecomers (J223) SSR question

"Vehicles entering board 38 orchard hexes are subject to Bog (D8.2)." I assume because Orchards are not normally Bog terrain that possible Bog due to VCA change does not apply?
  3. Neal

Counters not aligning with hex grid (playtest map)

VASL Gurus, I've been working on a playtest historical map (custom size, not geo size) and counters are not normally snapping to hex centers when I bring it into VASL. LOS string works fine to hex centers and vertices, but not counter snapping. It's either random or maybe offset from the...
  4. Neal

Adding LOS info to a VASL map?

Does anyone have a document, link to a document, script (???), template, anything ... or general information on how to add LOS information to a VASL board file (the zip file)? Is it a tedious manual process, or has it been automated somehow...? Anyway, I've looked around this forum but couldn't...
  5. Neal

J227 - Another Frustrating Day

Full AAR and video comentary here: https://asl-players.net/asl-aar-another-frustrating-day-j227/ The Battle of Heraklion was part of the Battle of Crete, a major Axis airborne and amphibious operation during World War II to capture the island of Crete. It began on the afternoon of 20 May 1941...
  6. Neal

Sources for historical maps

Does anyone have good source(s) for small scale historical maps and/or aerial recon photos? Specifically ETO/western front. Thanks.
  7. Neal

It's happening again (malwarebytes + gamesquad)

I get this occasionally, but it's been going for a week solid now. Why is this site always flagged? Makes me a bit hesitant....
  8. Neal

New "VASL Notes" web tool

I've finished v1.0 of the "VASL Notes" web tool that works the same as the VASL scenario table generator that some of you use or have seen. Just type in your info, copy the html, past it into VASL. Boom...done. The image below shows what each tool does. If you have feedback or notice anything...
  9. Neal

How to design/create custom maps (not create VASL maps)

Forum search here is pretty gimpy. "map" is too short of a word so it just strips it out. Sooooooooo.... Can anyone point to (or post about) how they do map design, specifically: Software/methods used Libraries available for ASL terrain types (ETO/DTO/PTO....?) Official color palettes Starting...
  10. Neal

Ortogna Unboxing Video

A detailed unboxing of Advancing Fire's new Italy historical campaign game pitting 2nd New Zealander Division against the German LXXVI Panzer Corps as they battle for control of the village of Orsogna in December 1943. Looks like another great Advancing Fire addition to ASL. Make sure you grab...
  11. Neal

VP tracking counter/mod?

I haven't fired up VASL for a while, but this mod/extension doesn't seem to work anymore. It's a counter you could drag from each nationality section and use it to track whatever. We always used it to track veh MPs. For the life of me I can't figure out if it was an extension or built in and no...
  12. Neal

Scenario PK2 - Reckless Raid Q&A

How the VC and SSR4 are interpreted severely impact this scenario. We played half of it interpreting (or assuming) both incorrectly and stopped because it seemed so lopsided. Anyhoo.... 1) PK2 Victory Conditions: Do the Germans also accumulate CVP for eliminating Romanian units that also adds...
  13. Neal

195 - Rocket's Red Glare

(Full video AAR at the bottom: spoiler, Scott get's bent over by the dice 😂😥) Cheneux was the key to building a main defensive line against further German armored thrusts. Taking Cheneux fell to the 1-504, but nothing went right at the onset. During the initial night attack, B Company 1-504...
  14. Neal

PK2 Reckless Raid error (?)

Setting up Reckless Raid (from the new Journal) and it calls for this Axis Minor AA gun. The counter text says "Flak 30(g)" but all the stats are for a 38(g). I'm assuming it's supposed to be the latter. I couldn't find any errata on this.
  15. Neal

119 - Ancient Feud

Yikes, haven't posted any AARs here in awhile. Here's the setup perspective of our latest. Video AAR includes long summary/analysis: https://asl-players.net/asl-aar-ancient-feud-119/ ---------------- For centuries Transylvania had been fought over by Hungarians and Romanians. Having switched...
  16. Neal

Notes text typing in and displayed reversed (?)

See image. When I typed in any of the Notes tabs they are typed in and displayed reversed. Anyone else seeing this with 3.6.8/6.6.5?
  17. Neal

A25.8 Hungarians vs. Romanians (axis minors)

For some reason the wording of this was confusing to me... Q: A25.8 - "Due to the historical dislike Hungarians and Romanians had for each other, in all scenarios where Hungarians are fighting Romanians, the broken Morale Level of their MMC is one higher than printed..." Is this saying that...
  18. Neal

Hungarians vs. Romanians question A25.8

How does everyone interpret this... Is this saying the Hungarian morale is higher, or both are higher? I believe the former, but it came up in our game of Ancient Feud today.
  19. Neal

VASL custom tables update #2 - reinforcement markers!

Another VASL custom tables update I've been noodling for months and finally got to work. The problem was the vassal html renderer, it's very primitive and you can't do easy CSS actions in it, so you have to old school brute force a lot of things. You can now input reinforcement turns for each...
  20. Neal

VASL info table generator updated

Hey all, I did a major update to the VASL information table generator adding options to generate "compact" tables for those small scenarios (9 turns or less), or for people who just like to play with minimal information. https://asl-players.net/vasl-tables/