Search results

1. commissarmatt

New Banzai available for free download

I'm pleased to announce that a new issue of Banzai is available for free download on the Texas ASL site. Happy reading! http://texas-asl.com/banzai/banzai27_1.pdf
  2. commissarmatt

Best Errata Strategy

What is the best way to incorporate all of the official errata? I've been lax about this because it's a pain, but in the past I made the corrections manually in the rulebook. I have the electronic version now, but I still find myself grabbing the physical ASLRB to consult during games, so I'd...
  3. commissarmatt

Re-crewing UK AFV, then failing UK roll

An interesting situation came up today that we didn't quite know how to resolve. A tank got hit by ordnance resulting in immobilization. The crew failed the task check and bailed out. The tank was then fired on again, resulting in a possible shock result. Even with no crew in the tank, we played...
  4. commissarmatt

Re-crewing UK AFV, then failing UK roll

An interesting situation came up today that we didn't quite know how to resolve. A tank got hit by ordnance resulting in immobilization. The crew failed the task check and bailed out. The tank was then fired on again, resulting in a possible shock result. Even with no crew in the tank, we played...
  5. commissarmatt

Light AA Range

Am I correct in assuming, that since IFE has a normal range of 16 hexes and a max range of 32 hexes (halved firepower at this range), that light AA cannot target an airplane that is 17+ hexes (thus aerial range 34) away?
  6. commissarmatt

LATW in Crest

Suppose a unit in Crest Status wants to fire an LATW, to the area-fire side of the Crest counter. B20.94 says any Infantry unit firing to the non-protected side must use Area Fire. C13.1 says LATW may never use Area Target Type. However, Area Target Type is not the same as Area Fire, they are...
  7. commissarmatt

Turning covered arc when eligible to fire

Say you have a tank that is eligible to fire its weapons, but really all it wants to do is change covered arc. Can it change covered arc without rolling the dice, or must a DR occur for one of the eligible weapons to chance breakdown? What if the only eligible weapon is an AAMG? Can you...
  8. commissarmatt

Pin and ROF

Suppose an MMC has a weapon with a Multiple ROF. It fires in DFF, retains rate, fires in DFF again, still retaining rate. Then it gets pinned. May it fire again or not? A7.81 says, "...cannot ... use Intensive Fire or a Multiple ROF ...". I've always played it that the unit gets one more...
  9. commissarmatt

8-1 AL in a Tiger

If an 8-1 armor leader is put in a Tiger, does the crew have 9 morale or 8 morale? I'd argue that the rules about armor leaders in ch. D say the crew would have morale 8, but the ch. H notes about Tiger crew morale supersede. Correct?
  10. commissarmatt

North Texas Shootout AAR.

Just back from the North Texas Shootout and I have a holiday today so I thought I'd compose an AAR while events are still fresh in my memory. First of all, many thanks to Ed Beekman for running this tourney and doing an excellent job. He's been helming this for several years now, and running a...
  11. commissarmatt

Dug-in Tank Setup

Looking for confirmation or refutation of my interpretation of rules D9.5 through D9.54. Suppose you are given a tank in your at-start forces, and it is a dug-in tank. D9.54 says it "is treated as an Armored Cupola except as stated otherwise." This would initially lead me to believe it would...
  12. commissarmatt

Great Scenario Titles

Just opened the latest Shwerpunkt, and my hat's off to whomever came up with the title "The Chivres Shivaree". Well done, sir. Well done indeed.
  13. commissarmatt

Wall Advantage Question

I had a hard time trying to explain/justify some WA rules to a newbie opponent today, so I'm looking for help. If a unit in a building claims wall advantage, and it is fired upon from the other side, i.e. 'through' the building, it seems that the rules state that they do not get to use the...