Search results

1. commissarmatt

Banzai!! 28.1 Is Now Available For Free Download

Any thoughts on the interview with Claude Berube?
  2. commissarmatt

Today in ASL I ... (Day to day ASL doings)

Just playtested a scenario for BFP where my Finnish fighter-bomber scored a critical hit with a 250lb bomb on a Russian squad. Boom.
  3. commissarmatt

Banzai!! 28.1 Is Now Available For Free Download

Thanks Tom. I'm glad someone enjoys reading my articles.
  4. commissarmatt

What ASL Product Have You Bought Recently?

I got Prokhorovka, the new Hollow Legions, and have Operation Neptune on the way. Now if only I can find opponents to play them.
  5. commissarmatt

New Banzai available for free download

I'm even more pleased to announce that we have corrected the latest issue of Banzai to include the missing graphic in Jim Bishop's excellent article. Thanks to the prompt and adroit editing skills of Rick Reinesch. Enjoy. http://texas-asl.com/banzai/banzai27_1.pdf
  6. commissarmatt

Great anecdote. Garlic is a formidable opponent. He knows the game really well, and is razor sharp.
  7. commissarmatt

I'm pleased to announce that a new issue of Banzai is available for free download on the Texas ASL site. Happy reading! http://texas-asl.com/banzai/banzai27_1.pdf
  8. commissarmatt

So what scenarios have you played Recently?

Great scenario. Thanks for the AAR.
  9. commissarmatt

J19 - Merzenhausen Zoo (Crocs and King Tigers, oh my!)

Great special effects on this AAR. Well done. I analyzed this scenario in the pages of Banzai (http://www.texas-asl.com/banzai/banzai4_1.pdf). The Americans should make ample use of smoke. It should be top of mind every turn. Ordnance smoke, smoke dispensers, and infantry smoke grenades. I...
  10. commissarmatt

Pinned Topics

Agreed, Mark. They should be limited to two or three.
  11. commissarmatt

Latest MMP release

I agree. It won't stop me from buying some things, and I do enjoy exploring new terrain. However, it's becoming impractical at this point. We have nearly a hundred official boards, and BFP has quite a few also. They are literally becoming a storage problem. Also, the game and boards were...
  12. commissarmatt

Best Errata Strategy

What is the best way to incorporate all of the official errata? I've been lax about this because it's a pain, but in the past I made the corrections manually in the rulebook. I have the electronic version now, but I still find myself grabbing the physical ASLRB to consult during games, so I'd...
  13. commissarmatt

MMC Capabilities: which is the most important to you?

I'd say morale. Yes, as everyone else has mentioned, standard disclaimers and caveats apply, urban vs. rural, situation dependent, yadda yadda. Of course there are exceptions. But by and large, morale has the biggest impact over the largest number of games, in my experience. That being said...
  14. commissarmatt

AP162 The Governor

Nice AAR. I like the boards with the desert colors.
  15. commissarmatt

Hueishan Docks from Blood and Jungle I had the Japanese defense against an inexperienced attacker wanting to learn PTO. We called it after turn 6 in favor of the Japanese, as the Chinese attack had stalled. Highlights included: Both HMGs malfunctioned very early, one on its first shot, the...
  16. commissarmatt

Set DC detonation clarification

Are you sure it has to be an MMC? A23.7 says Good Order Unit.
  17. commissarmatt

Banzai!! 26.1 is now available for free download

Glad you liked it. I don't think I've ever won a scenario like that before. I also had another new experience today. At least, I don't remember it ever happening before. Some units were locked in hand-to-hand close combat when their location went from flame to blaze, eliminating them all.
  18. commissarmatt

Would you rather be lucky or good?

The funny thing is, the better players tend to win more often, regardless. They are able to overcome bad luck, and position themselves to take advantage of good luck.
  19. commissarmatt

Eye of the Tiger is one of the great ones.
  20. commissarmatt

I thought heroes died automatically on a second wound.