Search results

1. O

Enfilade 2024

Enfilade!, the HMGS convention held Memorial Day weekend in Olympia WA has been cancelled for 2024. The Olympian Hotel (formerly the Red Lion) has been sold and the new owners scrapped all existing contracts. HMGS will search to find a new venue to host Enfilade! in 2025 [one hopes]. A pity...
  2. O

Ryan O'Neal death

Ryan O'Neal, who portrayed General James Gavin (82nd AB) in "A Bridge Too Far" passed away at age 82.
  3. O

Operations 11 (for 2023) status?

Any word on Operations 11 magazine for 2023? Usually has a release around the World Boardgaming Championships.
  4. O

Not a thing in the Pre-Order section of MMP

Is it just me, or does it seem too quiet with nothing ASL in Multi-Man Publishing's Pre-Order section?
  5. O

DZ:SME Question

In "The Longest Day" [both book and movie], there is a building on fire in Sainte-Mere-Eglise when the 505th did their Airdrop, interrupting the firefighting. Did the building continue to burn and in what hex in the 'Sa' map would it be located?
  6. O

very minor errata to Journal 13 Debrief

Re scenarios: A85 Medal of Honor should read A75.
  7. O

Aftermath for PK3 "Hot Toddy"

Is there one? If yes, could Ken Dunn please post it on Gamesquad?
  8. O

Happy 2023 to Everyone in the ASL sphere

We are approaching a new year, 2023. May everyone get to enjoy it in the spirit of healthy and relaxed ASL competition. Happy New Year!!
  9. O

A Little Early, but Season's Greetings

Merry Christmas Froliche Weihnacht Bon Natale Joyeux Noel Feliz Navidad
  10. O

Robert Clary, concentration camp survivor has passed

Robert Clary, "Cpl LeBeau" of 'Hogan's Heroes' fame has passed away. He was a concentration camp survivor.
  11. O

Osprey Publishing future releases

In December, Osprey will release in their 'Combat' series: U.S. Soldier vs Chinese Soldier (for all those "Forgotten War" fans)
  12. O

Two Journals in 2022?

According to Special Operations #10 (just received 01 Aug 22), there is supposed to be an 'Aussie' Journal coming out later in 2022. Is this Journal a stand-alone, apart from ASL Journal 13 {which every ASL player is [im]patiently waiting for}?
  13. O

Odds and Ends questions

1. What is the Leadership Generator (LG) factor [H1.8] for the Swedish Voluntary Corps in a DYO scenario? 2. Do Ethiopian MMCs take a PAATC, or a 1PAATC before trying the Tank Flip?
  14. O

Minor errata on WO39 "Shotgun Shuffle"

I found a very minor errata on WO39 "Shotgun Shuffle": In the American OOB, change '4th Marine Division' to '2nd Marine Division'.
  15. O

Hardy Kruger passed away at age 93

Hardy Kruger, the actor who played a Waffen SS Panzer Division commander in "A Bridge Too Far" passed away at age 93. I only saw him in one other film, John Wayne's "Hatari!"
  16. O

New Year's Greetings

I wish everybody in the ASL community, a happy and healthy 2022. Hopefully, life will return to what passes for normal in our hobby.
  17. O

Season's Greetings!

Joyeux Noel Boun Natale Frohe Weihnachten Feliz Navidad I apologize for any languages left out, but I only have a standard English keyboard available. {Sorry, to Eastern European and Russian ASL players, as well as any Asian players}
  18. O

A Salute to Senator Bob Dole (R.I.P.)

Another member of the Greatest Generation gone. Former senator Bob Dole of Kansas passed away, veteran of WWII combat in Italy {Age 98}.
  19. O

Hollow Legions now shipping?

Has the process started yet?
  20. O

80th Anniversary of several campaigns

2022 will see the 80th anniversary of Guadalcanal, Stalingrad and El Alamein along with the 'TORCH' landings.