Search results

1. El Cid

DNO-Olorin vs Fungwu [COMPLETE]

Re: DNO-Olorin vs Fungwu Thanks, I have received it. I am currently playing ina row the scenarios of Road to Moscow, and I am hoping after that I can consider playing DNO.
  2. El Cid

Re: DNO-Olorin vs Fungwu That would be very kind, Olorin. faillan @ terra dot es Is the situation in Greece as bad as it looks on the news? I know the news focus and tends to blow up situations, but it would seem the cities are in chaos.
  3. El Cid

Re: DNO-Olorin vs Fungwu Are you playing this scenario qith TOAW3? Is there a download place for this scenario? Thanks
  4. El Cid

Making the end game exciting.

"The only way to win is not to play" -Joshua from the movie Wargames
  5. El Cid

Introduce Yourself!

It was your old avatar. That old french general.
  6. El Cid

Introduce Yourself!

Nemo, I always though your were older, at last older than me. Juan Antonio, 39 years, married, 2 kids (3 and 6 years) on of them from the USA, one of them from Spain. I used to play a few PC games, but when my first kid was born, I drop all of them but TOAW. Now that they are older and...
  7. El Cid

What's Most Important to YOU?

I have played other scenarios that had the victory loop, and depending how much tme you held a city you would get victory points. Perhpas you could have several cities, that give VP if they are in your hands, and take VP away of they are in the enemy hands. So you could have cities lake...
  8. El Cid

Beep in replay

And there is always a grey area. I remember playing the Tubruk 41 scenario against another player. We were playing the with "no borders" as the briefing states. I played the allies During the game the axis would send small units behind my lines to try to destroy my supply points. The "no...
  9. El Cid

Beep in replay

(I didn't wanted to amke the other thread too long) It has been my experience that the more you play this game, the less you worry about cheating, based on three things. - You realize that most people that cheat will not continue playing this game for a long time, and they will eventually...
  10. El Cid

Beep in replay

I have to admit I was looking fordward to any anti-cheat measures in the new TOAW3. But now I must admit that it makes me nerveous. When I get an opponent turn I tend to jump right onto the game, without watching the replay. But once I see the situation I like to see the replay. To do this I...
  11. El Cid

Crete 41 Viridomaros vs el cid

23th of May 1941, PM German Maneuvers Again the Germans continued consolidated it positions in Heraklion, some units were senbt back to the airport, that had been left poorly defended. In Retimo Airfield they attacked with great success the allied units that were in the vicinity. Many...
  12. El Cid

23th of May 1941, AM German Maneuvers The Germans had consolidated it positions in Heraklion, regrouping its formations and placing two battalions inside the city and supporting them with HQ artillery. In Retimo Airfield they sat and waited for the allied assault. Allied Maneuvers...
  13. El Cid

22th of May 1941, PM German Maneuvers The Germans had once again focused on recapturing Heraklion. What caught the allies by surprises was the ferocity of their attack that completely pushed them out of the city again. Meanwhile in Retimo the Germans made no attempt to break the...
  14. El Cid

22th of May 1941, AM German Maneuvers The only activity reported was around the area of Hearklion. German bombers moved to the airfield, and the paratroopers kept pushing the allied forces west. However the units inside the city itself were still isolated from the rest. Allied...
  15. El Cid

21th of May 1941, PM German Maneuvers Most of the Island of Crete was at a stand still. The exception was the vicinity of Heraklion, where German forces were pushing back the British, Greek and Australians. Germans had managed to take the city. Allied Maneuvers The bulk of the...
  16. El Cid

Allied Reaction With the Maleme airfield surrounded, all available allied forces were requested to assault the airport. Despite German strong defense the airport was finally taken. At Retimo Airfield once again Allied troops, this time supported by Greek forces, gathered around the...
  17. El Cid

21th of May 1941, AM Third German Air Assault Wave German planners focused most of their efforts in recapturing Maleme Airport, which was only occupied by a British tank company. They quickly took care of that, and soon after sent reinforcements from other parts of the island. At the end...
  18. El Cid

Allied Counter-offensive It was, above all, the highest priority to recapture Maleme airport. All the units in the vicinity of Canea were to move to the airport, with the exception of some garrison units that were to remain at Suda Bay and Caneas itself. New Zealand forces in conjunction...
  19. El Cid

20th of May 1941, PM Second German Air Assault Wave All German airdrops had focused on the area near Heraklion. German forces had quickly retaken the airport. However the town itself, which had suffered several airdrops attacks had endured. The Germans had lost plenty of men. This...
  20. El Cid

Bristish Initial Strategy Maleme Airfield Area: The New Zealand elements of the force were sent to secure positions west of the initial German landings. In addition the only tank company was sent to the area, to use its mobility for possible encirclement maneuvers. The British...