Search results

1. C

AA Guns and Concealment Loss

I have been trying to determine if an AA Gun will lose concealment after it makes an AA attack outside the LOS of an enemy ground unit. I have been unable to find a rules reference. However, back in Journal 3 Messers Shostak and Smith authored "Strafer Jones". In Example 1 they state "Once...
  2. C

Minefield and Trail Breaks in (or around) a Building Hex

The 467 entered I47 from H46 attempting to clear the mines, the attempt failed and the squad is marked with a Labor -1 counter and a partial trail break is created. The squad is in the building (where else could it be). I48 has a trail break placed by other MMCs. In the next MPh the 467 drops...
  3. C

Minefield Clearance DR of 12

Multiple MMCs attempt to clear a minefield. The clearance roll is the dreaded BOXCARS. Do all the MMCs suffer Casualty Reduction or is random selection applied?
  4. C

Gusts and Smoke

Full strength SMOKE is onboard. At the start of the Rally Phase the Wind Change dr results in Gusts. Per the ASOP 1.12A (and B25.651) the SMOKE counters are flipped to their DISPERSED side. Now Chapter A states in "A24.62 GUSTS: During Gusts (B25.651), remove Dispersed SMOKE and then flip the...
  5. C

AT Ditch and Infantry Movement

Does infantry moving into a hex containing an AT ditch have to go into the ditch or may they avoid it as they would a trench?
  6. C

Critical Hit and KIA

A CH is achieved on a hex containing 2 half-squads. Random selection determines that 1 will take the CH. The IFT result is a KIA on the half-squad taking the CH and a MC on the other which he fails. The question: does the KIA result automatically break the other half-squad thereby causing...
  7. C

SMOKE and Cellar

+ 3 SMOKE is placed on a building hex that has a Cellar. Is outgoing fire from the Cellar affected by the SMOKE? If yes, what is the modification? What about incoming fire? I seem to remember a discussion somewhere about this but I cannot find the source.
  8. C

Manila RePh - Removal of the "+1 counter"

An AFV ends the CG day under a +1 counter having been Stunned at some point. Is the +1 counter removed during the RePh?
  9. C

THH and Shell Holes

Can a THH in the course of his/him/her/they/them/she/etc charge move into shell holes and gain the TEM benefit? Assume the shell holes are in a Forward/Side Location and the THH has enough MF to complete the charge after expending the extra MF to go into the holes.
  10. C

AFV FT - Firing While in Motion

Brain lock, seem to remember reading this topic somewhere. Are AFV mounted FTs halved for firing while in Motion?
  11. C

Manila CG V Setup Question

We just completed the ICGS of CG V. The Americans did not enter anywhere along the North / Northeast map edge. Can the Japanese setup north of the Pasig River and on the two islands in the Pasig River?
  12. C

Manila CG10 Clarification

Are Mortars (70-90mm) limited to setting up <=3 hexes from their current Locations? Is it any different if the Mortar is in a Pillbox? Thanks Charlie
  13. C

Terrain Blaze (Senior Moment)

Is a terrain blaze +2 or +3 Smoke?
  14. C

AT Mines in a Road with Shellholes

Some HIP A-T mines on a paved road with shell holes were 'discovered' by a HT much to his chagrin. The A-T mines are now in "full view" on the map marked with an A-T mine counter (B28.53). Per B28.5 "A-T mines are not detonated by traversing infantry". So an MMC moves into the hex to...
  15. C

Sniper Question

The Japanese sniper is in D10. C11, D11, and E11 are all Light Jungle. The foxholes in D11 and E11 were HIP. The Japanese player chooses D11 as his target. The American then reveals the foxholes in D11 and E11. Note that some units are in the foxholes and others are outside them. Question...
  16. C

RB CG CVP Question

The Germans have captured 2 Russian ATGs. Do the Russians count these as losses during the RePh? What are the CVP values: 2 CVP for each Gun or 4 CVP since they were captured?
  17. C

Non-Qualified Use of an AT Gun

We are having some confusion about A21.13 Non-Qualified Use. The situation is a Russian 447 is manning a Russian 45L ATG that has a printed ROF of 3. A21.13 states "An ordnance weapon which requires a crew to man it may be operated by non-qualified friendly MMC or qualified enemy MMC by...
  18. C

RF Cellar - Single Hex Building and Collapse

This may seem to be straight forward but I'll ask it anyway. RF 6.1 states: " All multi-hex, non-Factory buildings depicted on the RF maps contain beneath their ground-level location a RF Cellar level ..." RF 6.62 states that an AFV will fall into an RF Cellar if the colored dr of the Bog...
  19. C

RB CG Brain Lock

I've played RB CGs a number of times but have developed a brain lock, must be age. I purchased a Russian Rifle company in Reserve, it is full strength i.e 12 squads. How many Cloaking counters does it get? Is it: a) 12 (one for each squad) and 5 dummy cloaking counters, regardless of how the...
  20. C

THH Questions

A concealed MMC advances into a hex containing a HIP THH. Is the THH eliminated immediately due to involuntary loss of HIP (G1.425) and would the MMC lose concealment? If no, is there ambush possibility and CC?