Search results

1. K

HIP gun special ammo trick

I remember reading somewhere that if a HIP gun tries for special ammunition but does not get it and does not malfunction he remains HIP. Theoretically, this means a player could pretend to take a shot that is obviously blocked with a low special ammo depletion number just to mislead the other...
  2. K

Red October CG - Isolation

Looks like the Russians got the Germans exactly where they want them. Trapped .... in a false sense of inevitable victory.
  3. K

Guns, HIP, Orchard-road hex

I remember reading somewhere that guns cannot set up emplaced in an orchard road hex if the road is paved because he is considered on the paved road. If the road in the orchard-road hex is not paved, can the gun setup emplaced and HIP? Would HIP be lost differently than if the hex did not...
  4. K

Doubt about gun duels

Sorry to revive this old thread, but my question fits right in here. I understand that the gun duel modifier for an AAMG MA is +2 and +5 for passengers. What I can't figure out is what would be the gun duel modifier for the AAMG of a tank that is not its MA. Is it +2 or +5, or even some other...
  5. K

Low Crawl direction

When a unit uses low crawl, is it required to use the shortest path in MF towards its destination? No ....Perry MMP
  6. K

low crawl

Note that even that old Q&A, although strongly suggesting hex A is legal (where does it come from and why did it take so long to make its way into this thread) is still not clear. It can easily be argued that the first sentence of the answer is not referring to the unit using low crawl when it...
  7. K

low crawl

Your arguments don't seem to have any basis in the rules. I can't see where it says that a crawler must move one hex closer to the destination hex. Seems like you are interpreting the "rout must still be towards the nearest woods/building Location within 6 MF" as "move one hex closer". However...
  8. K

low crawl

Here is a little thought experiment. Imagine a situation where the only legal rout destination for a unit is exactly 6Mfs away using the shortest route. Lets say there are only two possible paths to get there, A and B. Path A costs 7MFs and path B costs 6MFs. The first hex for path A costs...
  9. K

low crawl

I feel like this thread needs a new life. I used to be an AB guy but now I have seen the light and am joining the B team with Eagle :) Klas, I think what you wrote is misleading. Your comparing apples and oranges when you say a unit not using low crawl is not required to take the shortest...
  10. K

Fire Lane snap shot

Having a hard time with this one. It seems like the example of A9.221 is incorrect. Per A9.22 A Fire Lane Residual FP counter exerts a unique form of Residual FP in its Location, and in every same-level (B.5) Location of the Fire Lane Hex Grain between that counter and the MG, that is within...
  11. K

C2.29 IFE

Hello I need some help understanding C2.29. More specifically, i'd like to know when the exception in "may not be directed by a non-armor leader [EXC: as per D6.65]" applies. Reading D6.64 and D6.65, it seems like a)IFE cannot FG with passengers and b) a passenger leader cannot direct a...