Search results

1. grabowbe

Leader in Close Combat

Checking to make sure we did this correctly. In a Close Combat, the DEFENDER has a half squad and a leader defending together in a victory location building, and are the only DEFENDER units in the building that the DEFENDER currently controls. A Final DR which equals the Kill Number listed on...
  2. grabowbe

KGP Blind Hex LOS

Is Y10 a blind hex from a ground level (up-slope) AA15 firer due to the crest line in Y11 (5 hex range from AA15). Y10 Level 3 Y11 Level 4 AA15 base Level 5 (firer up-slope level 5.75). Y11 crest line being 5 hexes from AA15 should create one blind hex. I think that the AA15 hight 1.75 levels...
  3. grabowbe

Opinion Piece: "A Frequent Opponent’s Opinion"

"A Frequent Opponent’s Opinion" I am posting this for a friend - my opinions may vary. A revolution in tactical board war games occurred in 1977 with the release of Squad Leader. Over the next 5 years with the release of 3 gamettes (Cross of Iron, Crescendo of Doom, GI: Anvil of Victory) the...
  4. grabowbe

C3.33 SMOKE TH and placement in a hex with multiple units

Q: It is my PFPh and I want to place SMOKE in a hex containing a squad and two vehicles that are in Motion: a Kfz 13 and a Panther. Which TH DRMs determine whether the SMOKE is successfully placed at the ground level of the hex? A: Smoke is placed if one unit is hit. ....Perry MMP
  5. grabowbe

D3.12 Free VCA & TCA Change

C3.22, D2.11, D3.12, ASOP 2.31A & ASOP 4.31D C3.22 refers to Guns. D2.11 refers to weapons. D3.12 refers to weapons without using Intensive Fire. ASOP 2.31A and 4.31D refer to Guns. An AFV has fired its MA and lost rate: Q: Can the AFV exercise the free VCA change based on a BMG that has not...
  6. grabowbe

C3.331 Area Target Type TH DRM

C3.331 Area Target Type Q: Are Case J, O, and P TH DRMs applicable when firing SMOKE using the ATT, i.e., must an occupant be hit and not just the hex to place SMOKE? Are Cases J, O, and P TH DRMs applicable to the BAZ45 firing WP? A: Those three cases apply in both cases. ....Perry MMP
  7. grabowbe

Lambs Led to Slaughter HS25

We are preparing to play HS25 Lambs Led to Slaughter. The Canadians must "Set up less than or equal to 5 hexes from hex MM1". Since MM1 is at the very edge of the board, some offboard hexes are less than or equal to 5 hexes from MM1. Can the Canadian forces set up off board and enter during...
  8. grabowbe

Biazza Ridge Movement Costs

Hello: I have questions about the movement costs for crossing Crest Lines in Biazza Ridge where slope artwork indicates Hillocks. I would appreciate any corrections to these costs. Infantry Moving up-slope (onto Hillock): COT Crossing RED Crest Line: COT Crossing BLACK Crest Line (normal Hill...
  9. grabowbe

Biazza Ridge Movement Costs

Hello: I have questions about the movement costs for crossing Crest Lines in Biazza Ridge where slope artwork indicates Hillocks. I would appreciate any corrections to these costs. Infantry Moving up-slope (onto Hillock): COT Crossing RED Crest Line: COT Crossing BLACK Crest Line (normal...
  10. grabowbe

ABtF Bridge Pillars

1.) In ABtF, do the Arnhem Bridge Pillars include the vertices? In other words, do the black row-house hexsides include the veritces that would block LOS? Some relevant rules: ASL Index Hexside (one of the six lines which combine to form a hex; each hexside also contains two vertices): ABtF...
  11. grabowbe

TPBF Factory TEM

TPBF Factory TEM When a unit is firing TPBF at an enemy unit entering its location in a Stone (Wooden) factory hex, is the TEM +3 (+2) or is it +1 as described in 23.741 Fire at an enemy unit entering its location seems to mostly meet the requirement "The TEM of a Factory hex to fire traced...
  12. grabowbe

SMOKE and FFMO for Offboard Artillery FFE

Hello: Does SMOKE cancel FFMO for FFE resolution? Here are some relevant rules: C1.51 ENTERING A FFE: FFMO/FFNAM can apply during the MPh (only); C1.52 TEM: Hindrances/SMOKE never affect FFE IFT resolution. A24.2 EFFECT: SMOKE has no effect on minefield, OBA, and DC attacks other than the...
  13. grabowbe

HS29 Obstinate Canadians Night rules

In the Night scenario HS29, SR2 states "The Germans are the Scenario Attacker ..." Does this statement grant the Germans the ability to use Cloaking for its on-board setup units?
  14. grabowbe

Rain and Falling Snow caused Mist

Do the Rain (E3.52) and Falling Snow (E3.711) caused Mist (E3.32) LV Hindrance DRM apply to LOS completely within a building? As a comparison, for Wind Force (B25.63) “No Wind” is always in effect in non-rooftop Locations of an Interior Building hex.
  15. grabowbe

French Generation Tables & Night Rules

Hello: I have the first edition of SASL and cannot find a second edition. Would anyone be willing to share the French Generation tables and the Night Rules from SASL second edition? Thanks, Barry
  16. grabowbe

Vertical Board Orientation

Is there a way to set up both horizontal and vertical boards in a VASL scenario? As in "They went that Way?
  17. grabowbe

Hatten in Flames M2 Mortar Exchange for OBA battery

According to U.S Ordnance Note 1, for every three M2 mortars the U.S. player receives in his OB, he may exchange those three for a radio (or field phone) and a 4-FP OBA battery. Is this exchange legal in the Hatten in Flames CG? If so, are the Mortars retained for the following CG day, or are...