Search results

1. grabowbe

Critical Hit, Random Selection, Followed By a KIA

A.9 RANDOM SELECTION: Whenever an event occurs calling for the Random Selection of one or more units in a hex, a dr is made for each such unit therein. The unit with the highest dr is the one affected by that event. If there is a tie for the highest dr, all of the applicable units which rolled...
  2. grabowbe

AFV covered arc change

I think that there is a Perry Sez that addresses this: C3.22, D2.11, D3.12, ASOP 2.31A & ASOP 4.31D C3.22 refers to Guns. D2.11 refers to weapons. D3.12 refers to weapons without using Intensive Fire. ASOP 2.31A and 4.31D refer to Guns. An AFV has fired its MA and lost rate: Q: Can the AFV...
  3. grabowbe

Leader in Close Combat

Thanks to all for confirming we did it correctly!
  4. grabowbe

Leader in Close Combat

Checking to make sure we did this correctly. In a Close Combat, the DEFENDER has a half squad and a leader defending together in a victory location building, and are the only DEFENDER units in the building that the DEFENDER currently controls. A Final DR which equals the Kill Number listed on...
  5. grabowbe

KGP Blind Hex LOS

Yes - I agree. Thanks, B
  6. grabowbe

KGP Blind Hex LOS

Thanks to you both for your excellent analysis! I had seen the earlier posts on this topic and was starting to question myself, since the replay and the hinderance discussion did not mention Y10 as a blind hex. That clears it up for me - so to speak.
  7. grabowbe

KGP Blind Hex LOS

Is Y10 a blind hex from a ground level (up-slope) AA15 firer due to the crest line in Y11 (5 hex range from AA15). Y10 Level 3 Y11 Level 4 AA15 base Level 5 (firer up-slope level 5.75). Y11 crest line being 5 hexes from AA15 should create one blind hex. I think that the AA15 hight 1.75 levels...
  8. grabowbe

Opinion Piece: "A Frequent Opponent’s Opinion"

"A Frequent Opponent’s Opinion" I am posting this for a friend - my opinions may vary. A revolution in tactical board war games occurred in 1977 with the release of Squad Leader. Over the next 5 years with the release of 3 gamettes (Cross of Iron, Crescendo of Doom, GI: Anvil of Victory) the...
  9. grabowbe

C3.33 SMOKE TH and placement in a hex with multiple units

Q: It is my PFPh and I want to place SMOKE in a hex containing a squad and two vehicles that are in Motion: a Kfz 13 and a Panther. Which TH DRMs determine whether the SMOKE is successfully placed at the ground level of the hex? A: Smoke is placed if one unit is hit. ....Perry MMP
  10. grabowbe

D3.12 Free VCA & TCA Change

C3.22, D2.11, D3.12, ASOP 2.31A & ASOP 4.31D C3.22 refers to Guns. D2.11 refers to weapons. D3.12 refers to weapons without using Intensive Fire. ASOP 2.31A and 4.31D refer to Guns. An AFV has fired its MA and lost rate: Q: Can the AFV exercise the free VCA change based on a BMG that has not...
  11. grabowbe

C3.331 Area Target Type TH DRM

C3.331 Area Target Type Q: Are Case J, O, and P TH DRMs applicable when firing SMOKE using the ATT, i.e., must an occupant be hit and not just the hex to place SMOKE? Are Cases J, O, and P TH DRMs applicable to the BAZ45 firing WP? A: Those three cases apply in both cases. ....Perry MMP
  12. grabowbe

Gunflash in Multi-Occupancy Hex

I think A7.4 says that those non-Melee friendly units in the gunflash location are not currently affected. 7.4 TARGET DETERMINATION: Except during Defensive First Fire (8.1), all the Personnel-units/unarmored-vehicles/Vulnerable-PRC in the same Location are considered targets of fire that does...
  13. grabowbe

SF: Rubble or Building hexside question

I vote Blocked. From the example in B24.2: However, a unit at ground level in H3 could not be seen from I2 because the rubble is a Half-Level Obstacle and, even though the LOS is traced exactly along a hexside, the H2 rubble and I3 building form a continuous obstacle (albeit of varying height)...
  14. grabowbe

Concerning FT227 Damsels in Distress

From a Q&A, Locations are ADJACENT to themselves. A.8 Is a Location ADJACENT to itself? I.e., if a rule permits some activity in an ADJACENT Location, and does not “specifically exclude” the unit’s current Location from that activity, is the current Location included by default? A. Yes. Yes.
  15. grabowbe

Lambs Led to Slaughter HS25

Thanks - I appreciate your interpretation of that rule. We were unsure.
  16. grabowbe

Lambs Led to Slaughter HS25

We are preparing to play HS25 Lambs Led to Slaughter. The Canadians must "Set up less than or equal to 5 hexes from hex MM1". Since MM1 is at the very edge of the board, some offboard hexes are less than or equal to 5 hexes from MM1. Can the Canadian forces set up off board and enter during...
  17. grabowbe

Sniper activation and HIP

Hello: More specifically this is addressed in A12.14 The owning player can voluntarily remove any concealment at any time during his or his opponent’s Player Turn [EXC: between when a Sniper target hex Random Location DR (14.2) is made and the Sniper counter is relocated].
  18. grabowbe

Biazza Ridge Movement Costs

Thanks! B
  19. grabowbe

Hello: I believe this is implied in your answer, but to get explicit confirmation, the cost for crossing a RED crest line from a lower hillock elevation to a higher elevation are correct in my original question in the table above. Crossing a RED crest line cost is identical to entering a...
  20. grabowbe

Thank you for clarifying. V/R B