Search results

1. J

malwarebytes and phishing

Malwarebytes has been blocking www.gamesquad.com for a week or so due to phishing activity (it claims). I have been continuing to the site anyway and haven't had a problem. Just letting you know.
  2. J

Blaze Spread Questions

B25.6 seems pretty clear on blaze spread within multiple levels of the same building. However, what about these situations? 1. Can a blaze in Level 0 of a building spread (directly) to Level 1 of an adjacent non-connected building? 2. Can a blaze in Level 1 of a building spread (directly)...
  3. J

E1.7, V5.2

Yes. ....Perry MMP
  4. J

B23.32, B31.2

Does a steeple provide an additional +1 DRM on Indirect Fire attacks for the building levels below it? Yes. ....Perry MMP
  5. J

A23.6, A24.2, E1.7

Does smoke in the thrower's or target hex provide a hindrance DRM to the resolution of a thrown DC? If so, does the extra +1 DRM apply to resolution in either/both the thrower's hex or the target hex if the smoke is in the thrower's hex? Does the night LV hindrance apply to resolution of a...
  6. J

AFV Fixed CA with MA and SA

An AFV in a building changes its TCA to fire its MA and CMG as defensive first fire. Later, still in the opponent's MPh, it wishes to change its VCA to fire its FT SA. Assuming the bog check is passed, is this allowed, or are both the TCA and VCA constrained to no changes until the DFPh?
  7. J

Hatten CG - it's a junkyard

Took a snapshot of the middle of the map of our Hatten CG-I prior to setup for the final CG day. Believe it or not, there are still a few functioning AFV's available for the final day. Several hexes have 2 wrecks; one hex even has 3. Here's a summary of the 1st 4 CG days: 9Jan: German Day...
  8. J

D9.31 Armored Assault and A12.15 Detection

A: No; they are no longer moving together. ....Perry MMP
  9. J

A7.7 Encirclement

In the situation above, all German units combine as a Fire Group to take a 30/+3 shot at the Russian 447. Given that the 247 is one of two units in the Fire Group that potentially enable the shot to cause Encirclement, and that the 247's shot alone is not sufficient to be an...
  10. J

Hatten CG German AFV Setup

German retained AFV's are restricted to setting up 6+ hexes from any German Front Line Location. Controlled map edge hexes are part of the German perimeter loop and therefore German Front Line Locations. This appears to prevent German AFV's from setting up within 6 hexes of any board edge in...
  11. J

I Hate Scenario 122

With apologies to Chris Olden. Actually, Extracurricular Activity is a solid scenario. I really enjoyed my one playing of it several years back. But it has a history of messing with one's scenario filing system. First, despite the fact that it was considered a "core module" scenario, it was...
  12. J

A12.34, C8.9 HIP Gun and Special Ammo Depletion

> > If a HIP Gun fires a depletable ammo and the Original TH DR is > the Depletion Number while not causing malfunction or low ammo, may the Gun remain HIP? > Yes. ....Perry MMP
  13. J

Broken by minefield --- before or after claiming Location?

A squad advances into a Building Location, where it is broken by a minefield attack in the building Location. Can the squad claim the Location before it is no longer Good Order? I couldn't find a rule or Q&A dealing with this specific question, but A26.11 allows a unit to claim a Location even...
  14. J

Unloading squad goes berserk

An infantry squad is fired on while spending its 4th MF unloading from a Vehicle. This results in the squad going berserk. Does the squad still have 4 MF remaining, or does the 4 MF max for transported infantry take precedence?
  15. J

LVT(A)1 - U.S. Vehicle 46

This AFV is CT, but VASL thinks it's OT.
  16. J

crew entering AFV from FH

A vehicle crew is IN a foxhole. In the same hex is a friendly abandoned AFV. During its MPh, the crew uses all of its MF to attempt to enter the AFV. 1. We played that this was legal because even though the crew starts IN the FH, it is in the same Location as the AFV (for this purpose)...
  17. J

LOS checker on vs off

I always play with the LOS checker disabled. I recently had this LOS in a game: The LOS is pretty tight but obviously clear. Snap-to-center is on, but the thread looks centered. As a test, I then enabled the LOS checker, and restrung the LOS, producing this: The LOS checker says it's...
  18. J

A24.4, A24.61, B10.1 Firing "under" SMOKE

Referring to the map section above, if there is Smoke in F7, is the LOS between E7 and F8 hindered by that smoke? A: Yes If there is original Smoke in F7 that drifts to F8 and F9, is the LOS between E9 and G9 hindered by that drifting Smoke? A: No Is the base level of the drifting smoke Level...
  19. J

AP87 Empire's Fall Minefield setup

SSR 3 details a procedure for determining the number and type of minefield counters to be added to the British OoB, but I can't find anything on where the minefields (or the Wire counters received in the same SSR) can be set up. I also can't find any errata for this scenario. There are 4...
  20. J

US M5 76L AT Gun error

In VASL, smoke depletion shows as s6. Should be s6 exponent 5 (1945 only).