Search results

1. labelcd6

A couple VCA questions

1. Outside of movement, can an AFV can turn VCA and not fire? If so, when can it do this? Any penalties? If an AFV can do this, can it also rotate its TCA during the maneuver? 2. When an AFV is turning VCA to fire, if it also rotates its turret, is that an additional TH penalty? Thank you!
  2. labelcd6

DC placement and AF

With a non-optimally placed DC vs an AFV, which AF is a factor?
  3. labelcd6

Rout direction

Does a broken routing unit go to nearest in MF or nearest in MF that it can see (has LOS to)?
  4. labelcd6

Optional rules

Anybody here regularly use optional rules? If so, which ones? Experience?
  5. labelcd6

Sleaze freeze, riders, TCA, first fire, and CC!

Had a situation beyond our comprehension, so interested in some rules analysis from you all: 1. Opponent wants to sleaze my position. His AFV is there for 12/15 MPs. AFV has a rider. 2. AFV bypasses O4/O5 (14/15 MPs): He is still in motion, but he wants to stop and get the HS into my...
  6. labelcd6

Blind hex?

Shouldn't this LOS be blocked? CC6 fires at I5. CC6 is on level 2. Orchards in season. M5 orchard should create 4 blind hexes: 1 regular plus 3 additional (M5 is 16 hexes from CC6). Thanks!
  7. labelcd6

MTRs vs AFVs?

I cannot make sense of the mortar rules vs AFVs. There must be some fundamental concept I do not see. Can a 50 MTR SW hurt an AFV with 1 armor or not? What about half tracks, which are open top? Etc.
  8. labelcd6

Abandon tank sleaze and "immobility"

Can I have a tank crew voluntarily abandon their AFV and then run around taking control of buildings? If a tank crew voluntarily abandons their AFV, is the AFV considered "immobile" for VC?
  9. labelcd6

Human Wave questions and RB examples

Pg. A53: "He chooses P1-P2-O3-O4..." But don't the P1 units end up moving P1-O2-O3? Is the RB in error here? "The units in N1 and O2 are marked with a range counter..." Why aren't all of the HW units marked with a range counter at that point? Why doesn't everybody in O2 have to move into O3...
  10. labelcd6

Infiltrating defender, dead or not?

Join me in hex L3, where my bold half squads and 8-1 leader are in CC with the juggernaut of the British Empire: the 2-4-8. The Germans are the attacker. No ambush. 8-1 attacks/defends with one of the HS. 248 attacks the HS who is NOT with the leader at 1-1. Germans roll a 6 with 2-1 -1 odds...
  11. labelcd6

HIP and Bypass

Situation: A HIP MMC in a building at level 0. An enemy MMC bypasses the building through an open-ground side. Can the HIP unit reveal and TPBF with -2 modifier? Can the HIP unit remain HIP and let the enemy MMC move on? Can the HIP unit reveal and force the enemy MMC back to its previous hex...
  12. labelcd6

Can Human Wave units use bypass?

Can HW units bypass?
  13. labelcd6

Orchard-Road and Hindrance

Does the clear LOS along an orchard-road apply ONLY if unit is moving through a road hexside? (B14.6) 1. If a unit moves from O5 to N5, a unit in K7 can fire with no hinderance. Right? 2. What if a unit moves from O6 to N5? What effect does that have on fire from K7? 3. What if a unit is...
  14. labelcd6

VASL live opponent wanted: European time will prolly work

Greetings from Kentucky! I am looking for a VASL live opponent for 1-2 weekly sessions of about an hour each. I am available most days at 5am EST (U.S.). I don't mind teaching, and I don't mind losing. If you are interested, send me a PM!
  15. labelcd6

Woods-brush and MF

Does a woods-brush like V10 here cost 2MF or 4MF to enter? A2.4 sounds like it would cost 4MF. B.1 sounds like "common sense" must be deployed (lol) on a case-by-case basis.
  16. labelcd6

BMG/CMG/AAMG and Range

D1.81-83 is clear on the normal range of vehicular machine guns: BMG - 8-hex normal range CMG - 12-hex normal range AAMG - 8-hex normal range My understanding is that the BMG cannot fire beyond 8 hexes, but I cannot find this in the rules. Can all of these fire at long range? BMG up to 16...
  17. labelcd6

Basic dummy question

1. I have two 447s and two ? counters (dummies) to place on board. 2. I can place a 447 in hex A1, a 447 in hex A2 and the two dummy counters in hex A5. Right? 3. Can I place a 447 in hex A1 with a dummy on it and a 447 in hex A2 with a dummy on it? If so, does this "conceal" the two 447s...
  18. labelcd6

TH, ITT, ATT

Basic situation (G1 is a wooden building, btw): The AFV can fire smoke into G1 and just needs an 8 TH? The AFV cannot fire ITT since only unit in G1 is concealed? The AFV can fire ATT and needs a 5 TH? 7 is base TH +2 for Case K. If hit, what will effect be? 6 up 2 OR 2 up 2...
  19. labelcd6

Wreck hindrance and elevation

The tank fires at a tank Y8. The wreck is in Z8. Does wreck hindrance apply?
  20. labelcd6

Dice over map?

How do I set preferences for rolls to show on map?