Search results

1. labelcd6

A couple VCA questions

Thank you all so much!
  2. labelcd6

A couple VCA questions

1. Outside of movement, can an AFV can turn VCA and not fire? If so, when can it do this? Any penalties? If an AFV can do this, can it also rotate its TCA during the maneuver? 2. When an AFV is turning VCA to fire, if it also rotates its turret, is that an additional TH penalty? Thank you!
  3. labelcd6

DC placement and AF

Got it. Thanks, everyone!
  4. labelcd6

DC placement and AF

On a 6-8, which AF of the AFV is used? The front, side, rear? The DC has a certain TK.
  5. labelcd6

DC placement and AF

With a non-optimally placed DC vs an AFV, which AF is a factor?
  6. labelcd6

Rout direction

What's a gully? ;-)
  7. labelcd6

Rout direction

Thank you. Always fun to find out you've been misplaying a key rule for four years.
  8. labelcd6

Rout direction

Does a broken routing unit go to nearest in MF or nearest in MF that it can see (has LOS to)?
  9. labelcd6

Optional rules

Anybody here regularly use optional rules? If so, which ones? Experience?
  10. labelcd6

Sleaze freeze, riders, TCA, first fire, and CC!

Gotcha, thanks for clarifying!
  11. labelcd6

If riders are eligible to take TPBF, then A7.212 says firing unit cannot fire at other units.
  12. labelcd6

Does A7.212 prevent the AFV from being a target of street fighting?
  13. labelcd6

Had a situation beyond our comprehension, so interested in some rules analysis from you all: 1. Opponent wants to sleaze my position. His AFV is there for 12/15 MPs. AFV has a rider. 2. AFV bypasses O4/O5 (14/15 MPs): He is still in motion, but he wants to stop and get the HS into my...
  14. labelcd6

Blind hex?

Oh wow, the road didn't cross my mind! Good catch.
  15. labelcd6

Blind hex?

Shouldn't this LOS be blocked? CC6 fires at I5. CC6 is on level 2. Orchards in season. M5 orchard should create 4 blind hexes: 1 regular plus 3 additional (M5 is 16 hexes from CC6). Thanks!
  16. labelcd6

MTRs vs AFVs?

Thanks, everyone! This cleared it up for me!
  17. labelcd6

MTRs vs AFVs?

I cannot make sense of the mortar rules vs AFVs. There must be some fundamental concept I do not see. Can a 50 MTR SW hurt an AFV with 1 armor or not? What about half tracks, which are open top? Etc.
  18. labelcd6

Abandon tank sleaze and "immobility"

Can I have a tank crew voluntarily abandon their AFV and then run around taking control of buildings? If a tank crew voluntarily abandons their AFV, is the AFV considered "immobile" for VC?
  19. labelcd6

Human Wave questions and RB examples

1. So the hex grain of the HW establishes what are front/side directions for the moving units, but the HW hex grain does not require the moving units to follow the hex grain. Is that right? 2. So the Range is based on the hex grain established from a single hex of the HW? In the rules example...
  20. labelcd6

Human Wave questions and RB examples

Pg. A53: "He chooses P1-P2-O3-O4..." But don't the P1 units end up moving P1-O2-O3? Is the RB in error here? "The units in N1 and O2 are marked with a range counter..." Why aren't all of the HW units marked with a range counter at that point? Why doesn't everybody in O2 have to move into O3...