Search results

1. Sparafucil3

Attacking Partially Armored AFV

Q: For MOL/DC/FT is the TK DR used to determine Hit Location (C3.9)? A: Yes, although for DC it is the Position DR. Q: When a MOL/DC/FT attacks a partially armored AFV through an unarmored Target Facing, does the Target Aspect hit determine if the attack against the AFV is against an armored...
  2. Sparafucil3

Random.org API change

Seems like random.org changed their API and endpoint. The in-game API call does not work while the same URL pasted into a browser does. Details are here @DougRim -- jim Edit to Add: @zgrose figured the issue out. I am just making it more visible.
  3. Sparafucil3

Replacement pages and the pocket ASLRB

With the new pages in the forthcoming Twilight of the Reich, the pASLRB will be out of date. How do you plan on updating the pASLRB? Any chance you will issue replacement pages for the pASLRB? Those of us with spiral bounds would work but I am not too sure how it would work for others? Any...
  4. Sparafucil3

Raaco Storage Trays -- Original by Steve Dennis, modified by Dennis Malmström

Sparafucil3 submitted a new resource: Raaco Storage Trays -- Original by Steve Dennis, modified by Dennis Malmström - Raaco Inserts Read more about this resource...
  5. Sparafucil3

AFV and Good Order Status

An AFV with a Good Order inherent crew is itself Good Order. An AFV without one is not. ....Perry MMP
  6. Sparafucil3

Stop and Go Traffic Redux

In a separate thread, there was discussion about proper application of Case J and L DRM, when is a vehicle "Moving", what does it mean to be Stopped/Non-Stopped, when does a vehicle become a Moving Vehicular Target? I explained it in the thread and said that it would probably make for a great...
  7. Sparafucil3

E9.42 version 1 and version 2 ASLRB

I am reviewing an upcoming article and it is quoting some old Q&A which has me looking into the rules to see what has changed between v1 and v2 to determine if the old Q&A is accounted for (and should be struck from the article) or not changed--still leaving it in some no-man's-land but worth...
  8. Sparafucil3

Elastic Search

Anyone here have experience with Elastic? I would like to bounce some questions of you if you have some time and a willingness to share. -- jim
  9. Sparafucil3

FT TK and cowering

Perry, Imagine an elite MMC with a Flamethrower attacking an AFV. Per A7.9, cowering only occurs when rolling in the IFT. A FT attack against an AFV rolls directly on the TK and does not roll a TH. A FT attack which does not eliminate and AFV would still get a Specific Collateral Attack (SCA)...
  10. Sparafucil3

VASL Log File format

What is the format of the VASL log files? For instance, board files are zip files with the extension removed. I am looking to see if I can make a VASL log reader, and potentially see if I can programmatically merge files and perhaps edit them once joined. Thanks. -- jim
  11. Sparafucil3

BoF 16

With the back and forth on Tuomo and Tom's game, I would like to give this one a try as the Germans. I live in UTC +1. Anyone in a compatible time zone want to give this a go? -- jim
  12. Sparafucil3

A7.55 Mandatory Firegroups

Perry, 7.55 MANDATORY FG: If Good Order units/weapons in the same Location are going to fire at the same target (i.e., at both the same Location and the same unit and the same “ simultaneous ” [ 8.1 ] MF/MP expenditure; see D3.5 ) during the same phase they must form a FG [EXC: Fire Lane...
  13. Sparafucil3

CC Reaction Fire

D7.21 CC REACTION FIRE: ... After completing its attack, that DEFENDER and all of its possessed SW (including those Inherent) and Guns are marked with a CC counter, if the vehicle has survived, to prohibit non-CC Reaction Fire attacks, and also with a First or Final Fire counter as appropriate...
  14. Sparafucil3

Adventures in 3D Printing

I am using a Creality Ender 5 Pro. I am using PLA, PTEG, and ABS. So far, printing with PLA has been easy and the quality has been more than good enough. To print with PTEG and ABS, I had to upgrade the bowden tube (~$30 US, I used this kit, I only replaced the tube for now) and that took about...
  15. Sparafucil3

Conscripts and cowering

Do Conscripts cower (2 column shift) even if a leader directs the fire? At odds: A7.9 says leader directed shots don't cower. A19.3 says "the restrictive rules of Inexperienced Personnel ... always apply to Conscripts/Unarmed-units regardless of leader presence." A19.33 is the rule which...
  16. Sparafucil3

D2.1, D2.4 and Remaining in Motion

No. No. Not if it has enough MP to enter in bypass. NA. It must be unable to enter the hex in its VCA (or RVCA if moving in reverse) it desires to enter. No; see above. Edit to ADD: Those MP disappear (D2.4). ....Perry MMP
  17. Sparafucil3

More virus Discussion

Let's hope this doesn't happen, but I have seen some models which suggest we will all eventually get Covid. -- jim @RandyT0001
  18. Sparafucil3

AP140 and Fog

AP140 Misty Morning says Fog is in effect (E3.31). According E3.311, "All Smoke rules otherwise apply." Does this mean: -- The +1 for firing out of a SMOKE location applies? -- There is an additional 1 MF/MP for each Fog hex/Location entered? -- Does the answer to either of these change if I am...
  19. Sparafucil3

¿Alguien aquí, vive, trabaja en, o cerca de Madrid?

Si es así, envíame un PM pronto. Puede ser su cumpleaños, especialmente si usted está libre el sábado. -- jaime
  20. Sparafucil3

ASL in the coming year

I took a bit of a hiatus from ASL this year. I used to have a regular playing partner but he has moved away and drifted apart from the game too. Is anyone interested in setting up a regular ASL night via VASL? I am in US EST and would like to play in the evening, one or two nights a week. I am...