Search results

1. Sparafucil3

Armed units options in face of enemy unarmed units in same location

First, I never noticed this before. And for sure, the ASOP does say that, but I think the ASOP is wrong here, or rather maybe it isn't as clear as it should be. The ASOP refers you to A20.53 (3.31A ... and/or drop possession of SW/Gun(s)/Prisoner(s) (A4.43; A20.53) ...). So A20.53 says during...
  2. Sparafucil3

I know for sure you can abandon in the RPh and APh. This is in the rules. So you can certainly co-exist for those spaces of time. I know they are not obstacles to movement so you can enter into their Location without prohibition. After take a closer look at the rules, I don't think you are...
  3. Sparafucil3

1: Yes 2: Correct, they may only be Abandoned in the RPh and the APh 3: This one is less clear. The rule further states that failure to capture puts both units in Melee. The word "can" seems to indicate it is an option. I am not honestly sure of the intent. Given the language ("If they fail to...
  4. Sparafucil3

Rally Point Volume 20 scenarios for ROAR or JR are you still alive?

Thanks Dave. I know it isn't easy to do it. I appreciate your attempts to keep things as unified as you can. -- jim
  5. Sparafucil3

Is a hex adjacent to itself?

A hex is Adjacent to itself. There is also Q&A affirming this. -- jim
  6. Sparafucil3

How to play faster ASL

I have been. Sadly, fast has to accommodate slow. Fast can "pace down" to slow. Slow cannot "pace up" to fast. All slow can do is ask up to play their way. I certainly am willing to do so. I do find it taxing to some extent, but that is a "me issue" not a "you issue" (where you == the person I...
  7. Sparafucil3

HIP Sleaze

Because HIP is a form of Concealment that is special. It's like asking why have toast when we already have bread. Why have croutons, we already have bread. Why have rolls, we already have bread. I could go on. -- jim
  8. Sparafucil3

I want Old School MTV when they actually played music. -- jim
  9. Sparafucil3

I saw Jerry live and I was in my 20's for the 80's. I love old school. I have no problems with ancient. But as an ancient myself and lover of things ancient, I would never say something's age is a reason for abandoning a thing like you did. That sets a BAD precedent for me as an old man. :) -- jim
  10. Sparafucil3

You know your PDF doesn't look all that modern either ;) Ancient isn't bad. And AOL as a point of sales address? 1980 called and it wants its tech back :D -- jim
  11. Sparafucil3

If there was an agreement, it would be pretty easy. ROAR could change its DNS entry to re-direct to the Scenario Archive and everyone would end up in the same place. Now everyone would have to learn how to enter the data in the Archive. It isn't hard but it did take me a bit to sort it out. It...
  12. Sparafucil3

Attacking Partially Armored AFV

Q: For MOL/DC/FT is the TK DR used to determine Hit Location (C3.9)? A: Yes, although for DC it is the Position DR. Q: When a MOL/DC/FT attacks a partially armored AFV through an unarmored Target Facing, does the Target Aspect hit determine if the attack against the AFV is against an armored...
  13. Sparafucil3

Map data

Nicely done Dave. I appreciate this work.
  14. Sparafucil3

RPT152 Shaken Not Stirred

I am not going to lie. I really wanted to win this having never beaten Paul before. Clearly, I am getting closer. Our last two games have come down to a single DR in CC for the win. The odds favored me in this one. The odds favored Paul in the last one. Paul made the DR and I failed the DR in...
  15. Sparafucil3

PFZ hexside

Woods would have to be on both sides of the thread to block. Answer remains the same in both instances. — jim
  16. Sparafucil3

Critical Hit, Random Selection, Followed By a KIA

No, Jim pulls his head out of his 4th point of contact and says "Hey! Klas is right!" At least that's how it goes +95% of the time. -- jim
  17. Sparafucil3

Location of small arms fire against unarmored aspects

I am finalizing an article on this topic this week. I will likely publish it next week. In the mean time, here is a good video of the Marder in action. This video shows several different versions based on the Chezch 38t, the MkII, and MkIV chassis. There is a pixelated shot of a Marder after...
  18. Sparafucil3

This is also probably correct. -- jim
  19. Sparafucil3

Edit to ADD: I was all wrong. See what Klas wrote. The RS determines who is eligible for the 1KIA result. Stupid rules. -- jim
  20. Sparafucil3

Raaco and RitterKrieg trays

I am traveling so it is hard to respond. There are lots of YouTube videos that can help. Focus on bed leveling to begin with.