Search results

1. NicosRex

So what scenarios have you played Recently?

First face to face game since the mid 1990's following the discovery that Dave Ramsey lives about 10 minutes away. I provided the kit and the coffee and he provided the competence. We picked Defiance on Hill 30 as a good route back in for me. Thanks to my sub optimal set up as the Americans...
  2. NicosRex

Leader location in a stack

Traditionally HIP below the bridge the leader is crossing.
  3. NicosRex

Today in ASL I ... (Day to day ASL doings)

Sorted out my main scenario folder. Removed original versions of those that have been updated. I realise that this my be distressing for some of you with delicate sensibilities but I also trimmed my recent acquisitions from BV and Yanks to fit the A4 page protectors that I use in the binder...
  4. NicosRex

Precision Dice Required in Tournaments

As I have Mediterranean ancestry this proposal seems perfectly reasonable to me. As I have an immune system that seems to work reasonably well, the idea of sharing dice holds no terrors for me. Having known a couple of people who suffer with an irrational fear of infection, I can understand...
  5. NicosRex

Maybe I am being naive, but I really don't understand why opponents in a tournament match don't just agree before the game commences on a single, shared set of dice. At a stroke this would eliminate the perceived issue.
  6. NicosRex

Illuminating Rounds: Episode 8. The Fight For Seoul

That would be brilliant, although I suspect that it would be more in the nature of tuition rather than a competitive game, I am shockingly rusty.
  7. NicosRex

Illuminating Rounds: Episode 8. The Fight For Seoul

Thank you for the hard work that must go into these videos. I love the way that you both are clearly passionate about the game and yet manage to convey this in a more relaxed style than most of the videos that I have seen by excitable inhabitants of the former colonies. Since I am returning...
  8. NicosRex

How did you get your start into War games?

When I moved up to secondary school (as a scholarship boy) there was a plethora of clubs and activities to choose from. Amongst these was the Montgomery Military Modelling and Wargaming Society (Monty had attended the school and had used the school premises as a quiet location to carry out...
  9. NicosRex

Obviously I meant heated in the context of the calm debate one generally encounters here. ?
  10. NicosRex

I have never played in a tournament and have only returned to board games in general and ASL in particular in the last 6 months or so. I, and the people with whom I played, always took the view that it really didn’t matter what dice were used as long as everyone shared the same set. Dice...
  11. NicosRex

Croix de Guerre Second Edition now available for preorder.

Came back to the fold earlier this year after over 20 years. I still have all my original AH editions of modules 1-10. Treated myself to the updated BV as I thought that I had misplaced a lot of the system counters (turns out that for some reason they were in the RB box!). My ageing eyes very...
  12. NicosRex

New MMP DASL pack

I am fortunate that I bought the first 10 AH core modules as they came out, and they are still adequate for use. When I needed to scratch the itch to play again I treated myself to the latest versions of the rulebook and BV (you can never have too many system counters, right?). I was so...
  13. NicosRex

New MMP DASL pack

Really struggling to decide if I will buy this or not. I have my original SoF and HH, and a fair few of the extra scenarios in this pack. My boards are in pretty good condition so at the moment I don't think that I can justify the outlay for a few scenarios and overlays. This may change...