Search results

1. Aaron Cleavin

ASL 172 5 ATR?

ASL 172 has 5 ATR and 1 Squad for Russian Group 8. I think an over-print of the number of ? counters No errata I can find though Thoughts?
  2. Aaron Cleavin

Leader Factory!

Just found a way to wreck a long CG , put 16 248s in a hex with a CT AFV wreck, each player turn they will generate 16/36 leaders with no chance of burning the wreck 2/3 chance of 8-1 and 1/3 of 8-0. The leader balance per Amierican, British, German, not quite as good for others.
  3. Aaron Cleavin

APCR (ASL Player Comparative Ratings)

All I am in the process (well advanced) of building a very generic ASL player ratings engine based on the GLICKO Methodology and covering both friendly and tournament play. The GLICKO methodology is an improvement over the original ELO (Chess Ratings system)...
  4. Aaron Cleavin

HEAT Rubble C8.31, & B24.11 vs A7?

All A7 Chart states only HE can create rubble but B24.11 and C8.31 allow HEAT to also potentially produce Rubble? Which takes precedence, do we go with Charts over rules or 2 out of 3 makes those correct? The P. Flame entry mentions HE/HEAT while the Rubble entries just mention HE (Which kind...
  5. Aaron Cleavin

Ciao Cina! Type 91 AC?

The counter on Ciao Cina! for athe Japanese Type 91 AC matchs no known variant in RB or in VASL Armour in RB is 1,1 vs 1,0 on Scenario card Also the Side BMG are not on the counter on the Scenario Card Please advise :-)
  6. Aaron Cleavin

G1.424 DC Hero's and "their" DC

No, he cannot voluntarily cease being a DC Hero, which entails possessing a DC. No. ....Perry MMP
  7. Aaron Cleavin

Can a DC Hero Drop a DC?

If a DC Hero is wounded on its First MF and can now not get to it's target, may it at the end of its first (or 2nd) MF drop the DC to be used in later turns by other friendly units, rather than having it eliminated along with the DC hero at the end of the turn.. It seems this is possible but it...
  8. Aaron Cleavin

DeathWish 2019!

Going for something a little different this year February 1st start 2 Divisions from the start (Elite and First line), 6 rounds, 2 months per round, will go up to 12 people per division as needed. Which division will depend on last years results and individual assessment / TD assessment for...
  9. Aaron Cleavin

Reversing in bypass cost?

If a fully tracked vehicle is stopped in OG bypass and is at the front CAFP and wishs to start in reverse then reverse into the hex dirctly behind the vertex it's counter is on (which is also OG) is the cost 5mp or 13mp? Does it have to traverse the hexside back to the rear CAFP then enter the...
  10. Aaron Cleavin

VASL Live Night Mini Tourney Scenario Selection?

All I am looking to run a live VASL night Mini (8 players) over a weekend in February. Based on Size, Balance and Minimum number of ROAR playing the below are short listed. Does anyone have thoughts to whittle this list down further (Or add to it)
  11. Aaron Cleavin

BAZ 45 in VASL 6.4.3 (WP5 rather than WP6)?

It seems in VASL 6.4.3 (vs 6.4.2) the Baz 45 has downgraded from WP6 to WP5. COnfirmed with VASL 6.4.2 user. (Notably the problem also exist in 6.4.2 for me but not for my opponent)
  12. Aaron Cleavin

ROAR Skew for Scenarios out of Balance?

If 35-40% of games reported to ROAR are from players of significantly different skills levels then .. If a scenarios is 50/50 or close then I think the stronger player getting either side will change the probability of that side winning but about the same amount. Where one side is favored by...
  13. Aaron Cleavin

B23.41, B26.53, D14.21 Multi Cellaring & Wire Removal

Answer: Random Selection applies in ALL those circumstances: Bog, Cellar, Wire Removal. ....Perry MMP Question(s): D14.21 states " If >=1 AFV in the same platoon is subject to Bog/Mechanical Reliability/Stall DR, then only one DR per condition is made for the platoon at the end of the...
  14. Aaron Cleavin

Tanks at Level 1 of a building?

If I drive a tank into the ground level of the higher leveled hex of a split level building (and don't bog) Can I then drive it into level 1 of the lower level hex of the split level building? (i.e 24V3 G --> 24U4 L1) I don't see anything prohibiting this but it seems silly.
  15. Aaron Cleavin

B23.41, D14.21 Multi Cellaring?

D14.21 states " If >=1 AFV in the same platoon is subject to Bog/Mechanical Reliability/Stall DR, then only one DR per condition is made for the platoon at the end of the impulse, before any Attacl. If Bog/Immobilization occurs Random Selection is used..." B23.41 states "If the AFV rolls an...
  16. Aaron Cleavin

A to Q on Street Fighting -1DRM in SFF Reaction Fire?

#2; SFF is a form of Defensive First FIre. ....Perry MMP On November 7, 2018 at 7:48 AM Aaron Cleavin <aaron.cleavin@gmail.com> wrote: A11.8 States that : "A vehicle in such a road hex may be attacked by infantry ... as their Defensive First Fire Attack. Reaction first is identical to street...
  17. Aaron Cleavin

Street Fighting -1DRM in SFF Reaction Fire?

Just sent the below Perry's way as a result of something Peter Struiff wrote in J12 which I find to be technically correct but not sitting well. A11.8 States that : "A vehicle in such a road hex may be attacked by infantry ... as their Defensive First Fire Attack. Reaction first is identical...
  18. Aaron Cleavin

Out of ammunition

God save the King
  19. Aaron Cleavin

B24.2 & A2.4 Interaction?

A strict reading of A2.4 And B24.2 wold have it that if a stone building had upper level(s) rubbled but not ground then it would cost 6MF to move into at ground level from outside the building, and have +6 TEM (+4 for wooden). I think this is not correct but do not see errata / Q&A to the...
  20. Aaron Cleavin

Free Beer in Cleveland!

Brett has announced that in honor of the great tradition now established by the Browns ... If the USA wins the World Cup in the first time since forever (literally); or a Non USA player wins the GROFAZ (First since 2003) then there will be another round of free beer in Cleveland!