Search results

1. L

Updates update and Good Luck to Ray

Thanks ML I know it has been a lot of work!!!
  2. L

Ladder Update Ideas

Thanks DON. Hope you are enjoying your vaction.
  3. L

Ladder Update Ideas

"Hi Lance, i agree with you, perhaps offering to share the load might change or improve things. I took your advice and joined Blitz, and i must say (no dis-respect or heresy), what a difference. Time will tell" Well it is sort of a matter of striking a balance. Blitz and WFHQ both have their...
  4. L

Ladder Update Ideas

First I want to make it perfectly clear that I really appreciate all the work that goes in to maintaining the ladder By ML (and Others?). I certainly would not be up to the task the way that it is currently done all by manual entry I belive? However I really would like to see it get updated in a...
  5. L

I need a playtester or two

Thrilled to hear that this scen is on the way:^)
  6. L

Lizards and Big Uglies?

I alwasy liked Maryanne better but I would not go so far as to call Ginger a pestillance. Gilligan maybe but not Ginger.
  7. L

armies of the world Database [detailed]

You Asked Yes it is used for the brutal repression of any opposition to the current regime. At least when their cops can't quite handle the job on their own and they have plenty of those too. Yet The US government (currently Republican dominated!!) still sees it as appropriate to give these...
  8. L

east front 2 problem's

If you have not played the Game yet there will not be an .icd file. If you have the easey way to find it is go to start>find>Files and folders> Browse to your EFII folder have it loof for EFII.icd You can dealete it right from that window when it shows up with a Right click. The .icd file IS NOT...
  9. L

Lost Scenario

It was a fairly small scenario maybe nine to twelve screens worth of map. First two or three turns there was a DMZ enforced by exclusion zones on the border. The air forces were also on reserve setting at the start each side had a perfectly symmetrical army with 50's thru 70's Soviet equipment...
  10. L

Lost Scenario

I played a few TOAWs (COW) PBEM back in 2000. At that time I sent a scenario to some of my opponents called something like Desert 1a or such. It was a Hypothetical that I had put a lot of effort in to the event engine on creating theatre options so that apposing players could tailor there army...
  11. L

Games I Have For Trade

BUMP Bumping as heavily revised
  12. L

Take-2 is ripping us off

My first copy of TOAW ran me $1,200 because it was the first thing I ever saw that convinced I had a use for a computer beyond E-mail and a fancy Typewriter which a weak 2nd hand 386 did just fine. I bought TOAW Elite I and II the first day I had a comp that would run it which was the day...
  13. L

What does this mean?

I Think I Deserve some sort of special recognition. I haven't actually done the math but a quick eyeball says I have a higher proportion of draws for number of games played than anyone else by a long shot. Question is does this mean I have a complete lack of a killer instinct when I am winning...
  14. L

PBEM interesting ideas

Cross posted a lot:^) First before anyone trips out too hard I want to make it clear that I am not in favor of the following idea but I find it interesting that one PBEM group came to the following conclusion on reloading. Basically what they seem to have decided is that reloading is just...
  15. L

PBEM interesting ideas

Cross posted a lot:^) First before anyone trips out too hard I want to make it clear that I am not in favor of the following idea but I find it interesting that one PBEM group came to the following conclusion on reloading. Basically what they seem to have decided is that reloading is just...
  16. L

The New Patch and Hex Side Rivers

Back To Rivers I had always wondered why rivers where not on the hex sides to start off with. Then it dawned on me a little while back what the problem might be in TOAW I that there are actually riverrine units that move on the river (maybe only super rivers?) in Board games there is a simple...
  17. L

Kinda OT: Battlefields! update

Mike you hit the nail on the head. What is more apparently the stand in artists have not figured out an extremely basic and simple work around to massively improve their product. That is, if you draw a crappy picture big enough and shrink it down small enough you can come up with something...
  18. L

Kinda OT: Battlefields! update

No big problems with the units here. And initially the map does not look too bad. But some of the coastal road hexes bite massively. And I am getting the impression that some different terrain hex types are hard to tell apart. Bob, All my problems with TOAW map graphics (especially for...
  19. L

Expanding horizons

Scorched Hope you find it we can use more scenarios to play!! Though I think I know now how to convert factory to user scenarios that will load just a bit of trouble though.
  20. L

Expanding horizons

Mantis, There are two compilations "Europe Aflame" East Front II + West front including many of the battle pack scenarios for those games. And "World at War" as above but also including "Rising Sun" and all disks are the Gold editions. There may be one East Front II battle pack absent but...