Search results

1. G

OBA effects on SMOKE

Can anyone cite a rule that describes the effects OBA has on smoke currently on board?
  2. G

Set DC use

I've searched and searched, so maybe the answer is out there, but I can't find it. If it matters, this is for Red Factories RO CG. Two questions, please give rules quote so I can see where I missed it: 1) Does the NTC required when attempting to detonate a set DC cause a HIP unit to be a)...
  3. G

Building Control

Maybe we have been playing not quite correctly, have gone through rules several times, need to confirm my understanding. If the enemy side controls a building, say mult-hex mult-level with cellar for examples sake, and say from the beginning of the scenario and there are no enemy units present...
  4. G

SW possession activities during Rally Phase

OK, a little unsure of what is legal to do when SW are in a hex in the Rally Phase. The rules talk about the start of the Rally Phase, and the Rally Phase, so maybe a list of possible activities with legal or illegal and a rules quote if possible, in the Rally Phase: 1) Two squads in a hex...
  5. G

Where are the Stukas in Red Factories?

Well, besides the lack of Russian mortars, it seems that Beyond Valor and Red Factories is not enough to satisfy my German opponent's need for FOUR Stukas in our first RO scenario X-Tag (I know, really unfortunate result for me as the Russians). They may exist in some other module, but we can't...
  6. G

Not enough Russian mortar counters in Red Factories

So, shell out over $100 to get the whole enchilada, duplicating my prior purchase of RB years ago, but it's worth it cuz enough Russians now for any CGs...except not. I can only find FIVE mortars for the Russians listed as available from Beyond Valor manifest. I cannot find any other mortars...
  7. G

How to treat "roofless" factories in RF with roofed center dot

Need a little help with hexes in factories such as RO N22 where the artwork shows a "roofless" factory due to damage but the center dot of the hex lies on the undamaged roof section. Is this a roofed or roofless factory hex? Can a small mortar shoot through this roof? Who can see what from...
  8. G

Placement of purchased concealment counters/Dummy ? on Reserve Dummy counters

I am setting up as Russian in Red Factories RO CG where ? may be purchased. Since all Germans will be entering the board this first day, I know that all of my units (in appropriate conditions, terrain, etc.) except Reserve Dummies may have a ? placed on them for "free". I know I also have 5...
  9. G

Pillboxes and Close Combat / Melee and HIP

Need some help understanding pillboxes, and attacks on them, referencing B 30.44 page B 38 and 30.2 B37 as a start. What is possible when an enemy unit occupies a hex with a friendly unit in a pillbox in terms of attacks? What I seem to read is that the two units aforementioned units are...
  10. G

Red Factories RF Red October RO Campaign Game CG I X-Tag Second Phase

We are starting a Red Factories Red October Campaign Game I X-Tag and rule I.6 page O14 states: "To represent the second phase of the German assault on 23 October, there is automatically a second CG scenario on the first CG Day. A complete RePh is performed between the 1st and 2nd scenarios...
  11. G

Flamethrowers, TEM, and FFMO

OK, not really satisfied with responses on BGG about this topic, someone suggested posting here. I hope someone can set me straight with a complete and rules-based response after reading thoroughly my two original posts. Thanks in advance. I'm going to repost two of my posts from my original...