Search results

1. nekengren2

Rail Cars LOS

Does anybody else have trouble with Rail Car Counters and LOS? Twilight of the Reich rules. Rail Cars printed on the map do not have this problem. The square counter is placed in the hexagon to depict Rail Cars. So the imprecise counter placement directly impacts LOS through the Rail Car...
  2. nekengren2

Wadi Crest Rear

What is the difference between VehCrestHD and VehCrestHDRear? F5.42 clearly explains how to gain Crest Status and when to place regular or rear counters. However, what is the impact on game play between the 2 counters? I can't see any firing or movement or any rules difference in either Crest...
  3. nekengren2

Wall Advantage and Crew Survival

A Vehicle with Wall Advantage is destroyed by a Gun other side of the wall. The Crew survives Crew Survival. Does the Crew retain Wall Advantage? We said yes. Couldn't find anything in the rules specifically about this situation.
  4. nekengren2

Bocage Mandatory Wall Advantage

Does the German in P1 have Mandatory Wall Advantage? Without WA P1 cannot see N2 per Bocage rules. Bocage real world this makes sense and the German has to decide if he wants to be seen and "take the wall". Game wise this makes the most sense to me. However, maybe WA is Mandatory here per...
  5. nekengren2

Roadblock HIP LOS

Is a HIP Roadblock revealed when enemy has LOS to a hex or a hexside? This one keeps coming up and I don't know the answer. My thinking is the hex containing the Roadblock Counter is irrelevant. We must determine LOS to the hexside. Either vertex must be in LOS. But.........what rule?
  6. nekengren2

VASL 6.6.5 loading vsav

I get this error loading a vsav. I get this using 6.6.5 with both VASSAL 3.6.7 and VASSAL 3.6.9. I don't get this with VASL 6.6.4 with either VASSAL. The vsav was created with 6.6.4 and has a RR overlay. I can create a new vsav with 6.6.5 using either VASSAL. Extension folder looks ok for all my...
  7. nekengren2

New ACQ

VASL 6.6.5 is awesome. Add ACQ is most awesome. However.........copy the label from the Vehicle to the ACQ label would make things so great. Empty vehicle label could be randomly assigned if necessary.
  8. nekengren2

OT AFV Unprotected Crew

I have an OT Vehicle when CE-DRM=1 because of Height Advantage. WHICH of these 2 clauses in 5.311 apply? Very confusing. the first general clause 5.311 UNPROTECTED CREWS....the crew is not susceptible to Stun/Recall from such an attack; it is instead subject to PTC/MC/K/KIA result..... the...
  9. nekengren2

Routing through Rice Paddies

How do units Rout through Rice Paddies? Can I Rout Bank-to-Bank without Interdiction? Since moving on Banks is Hazardous Movement I think INTERDICTION applies. Can I Rout Paddy to Paddy without Interdiction? Since one MF expenditure gets you INTO the Paddy I think INTERDICTION does NOT apply...
  10. nekengren2

Snapshot through Rubble

German U31 is Assault Moving to V30. Can the Vehicle MG fire Snapshot? Seems NO to me. LOS to V30 is not required for Snapshot. V30 is the target hex for distance of 2. However there is no LOS to the Rubble Vertex V31 8.15 SNAP SHOT: Any unit wishing to make a Small-Arms/MG Defensive First...
  11. nekengren2

Pontoon

Is a Pontoon bridge a Road? I'm thinking NO. non-road entry AND OG reference seems to indicate this.
  12. nekengren2

Light Woods Hindrance

Is Light Woods a Hindrance for the unit firing from the hilltop W5 to CC6? Best I can figure is NO. 35.2 HINDRANCE: Light Woods are not an obstacle to same-level LOS but are instead a Hindrance (A6.7) to same-level LOS. So Woods would normally create a blind hex in CC6. Apparently, Light...
  13. nekengren2

Illuminated HIP D1F

British MMC Z21 attempts to move into German HIP Z20 which is Illuminated. HIP is revealed and British return to Z20 non-Illuminated. Can German D1F at British? It appears NO. Normally you can D1F at the unit which attempted to move into your hex. Normally the Illuminated Z20 cannot fire...
  14. nekengren2

Cloaking at Night moving within NVR

A Cloaked stack uses non-Assault Movement to move adjacent to an enemy Location. NVR=2 and no Illumination. As best I can figure...........Cloaking is not lost. The terrain being entered doesn't matter. Could be OG or Woods. So multiple stacks of Japs can move adjacent to USA and then spring...
  15. nekengren2

Close Quarters Squad Leader CQSL

Has anybody ever worked on ASL rules for a scale of say 10m per hex? I know ASL is 40m per hex. Seems to me the basic ASL rules could work at a smaller scale with minor modifications. I can envision tons of scenarios that could be fielded at that scale. Seems the goal would be change rules...
  16. nekengren2

Wreck and Orchard on Crest

Is the Wreck in S7 a hindrance for the tank W1 firing at R7? I moved the Wreck over a little so you can see the S7 crest line. If S7 were all Level 0 the Wreck would certainly be counted as Hindrance. If S7 were Orchard with no Wreck there would be no Hindrance since LOS crosses only the Level...
  17. nekengren2

Central florida

Anybody? Looking for FTF anwhere within an hour or so. Also space coast.
  18. nekengren2

Crew firing Mortar

Now I'm confused. Can a Crew fire both IFP AND a SW Mortar? A9.11 MMC USAGE: A squad may fire any one SW MG at no cost to its own Inherent FP, or any two SW MG at their normal MG FP effect at the cost of forfeiting its own Inherent FP for the current and any remaining fire phases in that...
  19. nekengren2

Overrun with Bog

A Vehicle which Bogs in the Location being Overrun................... Does the CCReactionFire apply +2 MOTION? D2.4 seems to say YES. The Vehicle rolls for the Overrun halved because it was Immobilized. D7.11 The Infantry (passes PAATC and not Pinned etc.) rolls for CC Reaction Fire. D7.21...
  20. nekengren2

VBM Markers

Does anybody use custom markers for Vehicles in VBM? I envision a small pointed wood block marked A,B,C,etc. placed along hexsides to represent the Vehicles and their directions. A VBM offboard chart would contain spaces A,B,C,etc. where the actual Vehicle counter is placed. The wood blocks...