Search results

1. Magpie

Map maker guide?

As the title says, is there a guide to making a map for VASL anywhere ?
  2. Magpie

Desert Terrain and Old eyes

Sorry guys I am having trouble telling the difference between Hammada and scrub. Is 25Q3 Hammada or Scrub Which ever it is, is there any of the other type on Board 25 ?
  3. Magpie

Booby Traps in VASL

Just wondering if there is a way to set the Booby Trap level and have it trigger a note the same way SAN does ?
  4. Magpie

Modern ASL

Hi all, I put this under chit chat as it's more just tossing around ideas. I know about the VFFT "modern" rules and I have heard of the ASLUG MASL (not seen the rules) but I feel these ones seem to fall a bit short or are maybe a bit over complicated. Does anyone have any thoughts about how...
  5. Magpie

GDW : Assault Series

Hi all, I'm fairly new to the Gamesquad, just wondering if there are any die-hards out there interested in the old GDW Assault Series of games? I'm getting back into it a bit using VASSAL and looking at integrating some of the ultra-modern units to bring it right up to the current date.
  6. Magpie

VASL LOS Tool

I notice on some maps the LOS tool doesn't work properly. I have it set to change colours for block or hindrance but on some maps it doesn't change colour or give the verbose description at all. What am I missing ?
  7. Magpie

Overlays on Overlays

Hi all, I'm setting up "Hell or High Water" and I note that some overlpositionsons reference the other overlays. Does anyone know how I place those ?
  8. Magpie

Opponent wanted PBEM

Hello all, Total VASL noobie long time ASLer looking to get back into it online. Would be good to start with some small and simple games to get the run of things, then I'd be interested in focussing on Pac Theatre games.