Search results

1. javanabal

So what scenarios have you played Recently?

ASL J193 RAFF'S RULES I just finished this one, playing US side and lost because wind changed and my poor US were no more able to lay smoke to exit board safely. I played this as stupidly as requested by the set-up: US are in a hurry, you have only two ways to win: destroy the guns or exit...
  2. javanabal

ASL G6 Rocket's red glare Another demonstration of US superiority, this time against german SS. I played the germans and I probably did not setup correctly because my units took right in the face big paras stacks (20 to 30FP depending on having MMG or not). US have 12 7-4-7, 4 leaders including...
  3. javanabal

MORE PBEM wanted

hello. still available for PBEM plays. please contact via MP. thx
  4. javanabal

East Side Gamers 1 Mauled. Another oldie, with 8 turns. Not that long to play indeed. Order of battle is plenty of toys that you generally don't see on the same board, on one and the other side: M7 and M8 for the US; Nashorn, PzA III/IV, Pumas, Lynx, StuPz IV or StuH 42 for the germans. OBA on...
  5. javanabal

Just finished ASL NEWS 40 Rolling thunder. A very long and even somewhat monstruous scenario. 8 turns, 6 boards, more than 50 tanks and 40 squads. French armor tries to stop german armor in may 1940, keeping control of a small village. A crazy thing. Interesting to learn german use of smoke and...
  6. javanabal

HIP unit and CC with escaped prisoners

And what about the ASOP, gentlemen? 8.11B Place onboard beneath a "?" all hidden items, then reveal Strength Factors of all concealed units (eliminating Dummies) (A11.19) and then, 8.14B Prisoner(s) of broken Guard(s) may declare escape attempt(s) (A20.55).
  7. javanabal

In this case, the same unit, first as a prisoner, second as an armed unit, is attacking twice in the same CCPh, which is prohibited by A11.12. ??
  8. javanabal

If it had to be played this way, I suppose that ASOP would have set escape attempt as the first step of CCPh, followed by application of A11.19. And so, we would have a 8.11B step with declare escape attempts, followed by a 8.12B step for application of A 11.19. BUT, this is not the case, so what?
  9. javanabal

meaning that there is a new situation of close combat to resolve in the same phase
  10. javanabal

Advanced Sequence Of Play seems to be useful to look at, in this situation. 8.11B states about hip going "?". Its the first step of the CCPh in a given location. Then, you have to go to 8.14B for prisoner(s) declaring an escape attempt (passing the NTC). Would you have to go back from 8.14 to...
  11. javanabal

AP72 Guns for St.Barbara Played by e mail without using the balance. Seems totally unbalanced in favor of the US player. The german used the hip availability for2 HS with Panzerschreck but one was found by us infantry scouting the tanks and the other decided to fire on infantry. both were...
  12. javanabal

ok. good morning. would you like to write me a mail javanabal@hotmail.com. thx.

ok. good morning. would you like to write me a mail javanabal@hotmail.com. thx.
  13. javanabal

hello there from the other side of the channel. still lookingfor pbem?

hello there from the other side of the channel. still lookingfor pbem?
  14. javanabal

hello pierce i remember that asl 27 game in Tulle (some family of mine lived there during the...

hello pierce i remember that asl 27 game in Tulle (some family of mine lived there during the war, which could explain that i was specially motivated). well. choose everything and write me on javanabal@hotmail.com. we'll find an agreement. happy to see you back.
  15. javanabal

ha. it seems we already met. well, have still the same mail javanabal@hotmail.com. drop me a...

ha. it seems we already met. well, have still the same mail javanabal@hotmail.com. drop me a word there. thank you
  16. javanabal

PBEM opponents

hello. i sendyou a pm
  17. javanabal

MORE PBEM wanted

hellooooooooooooo
  18. javanabal

MORE PBEM wanted

Still able to add people on my pbem play list. thx.
  19. javanabal

Concealment loss when firing

I agree with you. Another piece of rule states that you may unconceal (reveal also I guess) at any moment in any phase with only an exception about sniper (between location DR and moving the sniper counter). A12.14
  20. javanabal

Concealment loss when firing

Since the firer fired and the target is real units (concealed or not), no matter the DR. Firer lose concealment, no matter the result. I'd say.