Search results

1. WAMedic

J193 Raff's Rules

Question regarding SSR #2 in J193 Raff's Rules. SSR #2 states "In lieu of firing normally, the Germans may earn 1/2 VP (per Gun) by placing a fire marker (Prep/Final) at the start of the PFPh/DFPh on an unmarked Gun(s); roll normally for Malfunction and Sniper activation." As a part of placing...
  2. WAMedic

G8/ASL 285 Recon In Force

This scenario was originally published in the General and assigned G8. The initial VC conditions stated "The Americans win immediately when they Control buildings 21J4 and 21Z2 or at game end if they have greater than/equal to triple the Axis Casualty VP total." Errata was apparently provided...
  3. WAMedic

J113 Maczek Fire Brigade

A friend and I are getting ready to play J113-Maczek Fire Brigade from Journal 8. In the course of setting things up I noticed what appears to be an error in the Polish OB and neither my friend nor I have been able to find any errata or Q&A. On the scenario card the Polish TKS(L) shows a 2FP...
  4. WAMedic

Lost connection to server

All of a sudden I am having issues with my connection just dropping mid-game. Play for 30-40 minutes, then my opponent won't see me move counters, then I get the "Lost connection to server." Running VASSAL 3.5.8/VASL 6.6.3 when it happens. My opponent and I have been playing off and on for a...
  5. WAMedic

Refresher on Casualties Bin.

Since the bin tabulates "Allied CVP" (or Axis CVP) - the procedure is if the Allied Players eliminates a Axis unit - the Axis unit goes into the Allied Casualties Bin so that it tabulates the Allied CVP, correct?
  6. WAMedic

J42/ASL143 Grebbe End

Greatly appreciate the groups input on two things with regard to the map in Grebbe End. SSR 3 says "The Stream is Dry. Treat pond hexsides (K5-L5/K5-L4) as Open Ground." (Picture attached). How does this affect movement (or lack of) into K5? The center dot in K5 is in the brush terrain so...
  7. WAMedic

VASL LOS issue

Looking for some help on the LOS tool. And I apologize in advance if this has been posted else where...just didn't see it. Up until today I was having no issues at all with LOS checking tool. This morning opened VASL and loaded a scenario base setup from last week. My opponent and I are...
  8. WAMedic

Dual Monitor issue

Had a very strange issue pop up. I am using VASSAL 3.4.13 and VASL 6.6.1 I have a laptop plugged into an external 23" monitor. My external is my main monitor, laptop screen secondary. I do all of my ASL playing on the larger monitor but will put the electronic rulebook or the scenario...
  9. WAMedic

Counter toolbar edit

I was thinking there was a way to edit the informational counter toolbar in VASL (the area where PFPh, DFPh, Pin, Resid, Acquisition counters, etc. are kept). Was I mistaken?
  10. WAMedic

PTO Terrain

Is there a terrain chart in VASL for PTO terrain? Looks like the terrain chart I have loaded only has ETO type terrain info.
  11. WAMedic

Storing LFT products

Sorry, this may have been asked and answered but I couldn’t find it. Recently purchased my first LFT product - From the Cellar #9. First, the quality of LFT products is exceptional. Quality card stock and color images on the scenario cards is not notch. So obviously their cards are not 8...
  12. WAMedic

HIP and multiple PCs

I'm fortunate to have been allowed to install VASL on my work laptop. I use it from time to time during the occasional downtime or road trip to look at maps, trying to put together plans for an upcoming game, etc. It is mainly on there as a convenience...I haven't really used it much so the...
  13. WAMedic

Italian OOB

Since I'm still very new to full ASL, I was looking at some options for filling in some gaps in my collection, specifically the Italian OOB. Thinking it might be some time before we see MMP put out Hollow Legions again, I was thinking of getting the Italian OOB from a place like Broken Ground...
  14. WAMedic

Saved game/log

I think I know the answer to this question but figured I would check. When playing via PBEM and logging files to exchange back and forth, is there a way to stop and save part way through? Say I'm working on my log to send my opponent and get interrupted, can I stop save and resume later?? I'm...
  15. WAMedic

Routing and KEU

Routing has to be one of the hardest concepts for beginners to grasp. I know that a unit routing will "remember" any unit known to it at the start of its rout phase even if during the course of routing it moves out of LOS. What about after one players rout phase is complete and we move to the...
  16. WAMedic

Gavin Take

Being new to full ASL (transitioning from SK) I have been looking at some of the scenarios recommended for beginners and AAR's posted about them. A question popped into my head when looking at Gavin Take. SSR says M2 is Rubble prior to the start. Since M2 contains the stairwell for that...
  17. WAMedic

CC help

Slowing making the transition from SK to Full. Need help with the following situation: It is the German players turn (Death at Carentan) Germans have 2-3-8 HS/MMG on Level 1 of building-17P4. At level 0 of P4 (directly beneath them) are two American squads and German HS in Melee. Figuring...
  18. WAMedic

ASLSK PTO errata

Saw this posted in the SK facebook group. We have our first official errata for the SK PTO rulebook. Rule 8.3.1 was missing at "non-HIP Good Order- 8.3.1 Concealment Gain: A Good Order unit may gain Concealment at the end of its Player Turn provided no non-HIP Good Order enemy unit has a LOS...
  19. WAMedic

New problem...

So while I'm thrilled to death ASLSK PTO is in route to my 'foxhole' this now creates a new problem. I previously had stored all of my counters via the Plano system posted over at the Texas ASL page (2 planos holding SK 1-3 plus the expansion) but now with the addition of Japanese counters...
  20. WAMedic

ASL Tournament near Atlanta?

Hello. New to the GameSquad forum as I'm a very recent ASL SK draftee. Been playing and learning about ASLSK for a couple months now and am completely hook. I would love to go to an ASL (or ASL SK) Tournament to simply watch and learn. Was wondering if there were any regular or yearly events...