Search results

1. MountainMan

Call of Duty 2 Screens

Good lookingshot, and I've seen a few clips on TV. If this keeps up, I might have to go back to shooters!
  2. MountainMan

Play as the Germans

I have very strong feelings - in favor of having the games published. One of the critical shortcomings of FPS's re WWII is the inability to take the opposing side. I'm am no advocate of playing Joachim Peiper at Malmedy, but playing as a German FSJ would be great, as would the afore-mentioned...
  3. MountainMan

What do you think about the JAG serie

Major suck-a-thon. Best military lawyers yet portrayed? A Few Good Men.
  4. MountainMan

OK, I gave it my best shot...

So if I dare to disagree with your opinion I "must be having a bad day" or "can't play good games"? You guys need a nap. Take a look at Soldner some time - says right up front that it's a multiplayer game. No reason at all why other games can't say the same thing. But if you advertise it as a...
  5. MountainMan

OK, I gave it my best shot...

Never mind, Doc - I'm on your side. I have the same hatreds of FPS games as you do, and for many of the same reasons, but for others equally as well. I'm sick and tired of the old chestnut that "the real draw is multi-player." Price tag doesn't agree with that. I pay the same price as an MP guy...
  6. MountainMan

Medal of Honor: Pacific Assault

Jessica - the comment about frame rates dropping because of Pacific foliage makes no sense. It has already been done twice before both by H&D2 and a much older one prior. Both had excellent foliage and were real challenges, and neither affected frame rate at all. The foliage in H&D2 was so dense...
  7. MountainMan

Medal of Honor: Pacific Assault

Jessica - the comment about frame rates dropping because of Pacific foliage makes no sense. It has already been done twice before both by H&D2 and a much older one prior. Both had excellent foliage and were real challenges, and neither affected frame raste at all. The foliage in H&D2 was so...
  8. MountainMan

Operation Justice To Hollywood!

You are all far too late, including Tom Cruise. Apparently nobody noticed during the opening moments of Pearl Harbor when Ben Affleck won the BoB. :laugh: Besides, no one is ever going to top either the cast, the aircraft or the production of the original picture done by the Brits...
  9. MountainMan

Best movie in the WW1 time period.

By the time I got to page four, all my choices were already posted...sniff... :cry: However, no one mentioned Zepellin starring George Peppard. Corny in places, but great footage anyway. Also a Rock Hudson comedy-romance with him as an American WWI pilot, Darling Lily. Full of stars, and...
  10. MountainMan

Farenhait 9/11

Like it or not, and most brain-washed Americans clearly don't, Michael Moore made us take a good, long look at ourselves in the mirror. Most of the anger, hatred and disgust generated by F9/11 is, in reality anger, hatred and disgust at ourselves and what we have become. It's just easier to...