Search results

1. Tycho

ASL 161 Arctic Crossroads LV?

This one uses a subset of the night rules but does not include E1.7, the LV hinderance. Is there errata somewhere (that I can't find) adding it? (Reality argument, but there was definitely an LV in the winter when I was in Fairbanks)
  2. Tycho

Human Wave movement

Unit is part of a human wave. He moves to the left front hex (for example) and is marked with a hex grain range counter. He is now adjacent to an enemy unit one hex further to the left (but still in a forward hex). Must he enter that enemy unit's hex? A25.2321 says you can't drift further to...
  3. Tycho

General VBM question

Mostly curious... Do people use the VBM extension to check for clearance? From what I've seen (not that my sample size is very big) if there is a sliver of OG we play as VBM is allowed. If you are using the extension, would differences in screen resolution change the result? Tycho
  4. Tycho

ArrayIndexExceptionOutOfBoundsException

Using VASL 6.6.6 /VASSAL 3.6.19 (I have audit log on, can't figure out where the file is): Using board(s): 24(v7.0) 17(v6.5) 44(v6.6) 42(v6.7) VASL LOS disabled: java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: Index 645 out of bounds for length 645. VASSAL los active Scenario...
  5. Tycho

Scenario B3 Prussian Panic buldings

Yikes, I'm about to play a 35 year old scenario... One of the VC calls for the Soviets to control 2 multi-hex buildings. Should it be multi-hex stone buildings? It's pretty balanced on ROAR (7-9) but looks easy for the Russians if wooden buildings are included. (I did find the errata swapping a...
  6. Tycho

Close combat math...

So, AFV and infantry in the CC phase... I have a pinned squad in a building, my opponent has a bypassing in-motion AFV with a 20L(w/IFE), BMG(3), CMG(5). My squad has CCV 5 -1(Pinned) = 4 BMG & 20L(as it's >15mm) don't count so the AFV has CMG 5/2 (motion) = 2.5 My squad needs a 4 to hurt it...
  7. Tycho

6.6.5 chat window issue

My opponent and I both have 3.6.7 & 6.6.5. He can't see any text in the chat window other than his own (we hopped in to several VASL rooms to make sure it was not just mine that he couldn't see) - it's not even picking up the carriage returns after rolling dice. I sent him a log file (just a...
  8. Tycho

Deluxe-sized hexes and LOS tool

Hey All, When I pick a regular board (#3 in the screenshot, tested with FB_NW as well) with the oversized hex option the LOS thread shows the wrong hexes and range. Range is consistently multiplied by 3, can't figure out a pattern with the hexes. I'm using VASSAL 3.4.7 and VASL 6.6.1. Anybody...
  9. Tycho

Time on Target overlays?

There are some overlays in the old TOT issue 2 magazine (Kinetic Energy, December 1995. God I'm old) with labels like *RE2, *RE5, etc. Were these ever made into VASL overlays? I'm not having much luck finding them. Thanks, Tycho
  10. Tycho

Vehicle concealment gain/loss

Hi All, On the A12.121 Concealment Loss/Gain Table, the Vehicle(and PRC)/etc row, cases J and K state that a Good Order unit can gain concealment. Per the Index, GO applies to personnel and inherent crews. Does that mean non-abandoned vehicles can (re-)gain concealment during a scenario? I...
  11. Tycho

Bounding First Fire and ESB

During its movement phase a fully tracked AFV spends its last MP and takes a shot, maintaining ROF. Can it now declare ESB and take more shot(s) with its new MP if it passes that roll? I figure that's worth some style points if legal. Tycho
  12. Tycho

Night/Opp Fire/Concealement lose

So... Night scenario, some concealed guys way beyond NVR are marked with Opportunity Fire. Later that turn an Illumination Round goes up, the area of which covers them. Do they lose concealment immediately, or only it they actually fire during the Advance Fire Phase? I think it's the latter as...
  13. Tycho

Surrender or FTR

I was looking through the Texas ASL routing flowchart (which is awesome, thanks guys) and have a question... In J4, which takes precedence, interdiction or not routing closer to a KEU? If you check for interdiction first he would be subject to it in any of his valid destinations (G3, H2, or M2)...
  14. Tycho

Close Combat vs partially broken stack

Going into CC against a Pillbox. Inside are a GO crew and a broken squad. If they are attacked together is the -2 vs a broken unit DRM applied to the single DR for the whole stack? For example, odds of 1:1 and a DR of 6. Does that kill everyone or kill the broken guy and leave the crew unharmed?
  15. Tycho

Reinforcements enter on/after turn X

Reinforcements may enter on/after turn X.... Can reinforcements with the above parameter be set up to enter the board - and then not enter that turn? That way they could come on board on a later turn elsewhere (potentially) in their entry area. I perused A2.5 Entry and A2.51 Offboard Setup, and...
  16. Tycho

SFF, FF & 'fausts...

Hey All, During the movement phase a squad fires his IFP and is marked First Fired. In the following DFPh may he look for a PF to fire at an adjacent target? C13.31 says you can't if using SFF or FPF. So... is Final Fire a form of Subsequent First Fire, or can we try to get one last PF off...
  17. Tycho

Possess/Place DC

Hey all, Might be an easy one, but NRBH... I have an un-possessed DC and a MMC in the same location. Can the MMC (attempt to) pick up the DC and place or throw it in the same movement phase? The MMC will not be changing location other than the pseudo-move into the target hex. (And yes, Ed, I'm...
  18. Tycho

Start MP/Sniper

Hey All, Does making a DR to start your vehicle (red MP or one of those lovely early-version Panthers for instance) count as a TC for Sniper activation? (Un)bogging rolls are specifically mentioned as being eligible but we couldn't find anything about Starting. Tycho
  19. Tycho

Street fighting and fire lanes

NRBH, so... An MMC wants to jump out and Street Fight a vehicle trundling along during the MPh. There is an existing Fire Lane in the vehicle's hex. Does the MMC get hit by the FL? Tycho
  20. Tycho

Operation Turnscrew Snipers

Hey All, Under 3.3 it states that after a German sniper attack you make a subsequent DR to check for a (possible) British sniper attack. Is an "attack" considered to be anytime the sniper fires, or only if it is an effective shot (i.e., a 1-2)? Thanks, Tycho