Search results

1. The Doctor

Who is your favorite actor/actress?

Actors... John Wayne John Cleese Val Kilmer Robert DeNiro Geoffrey Palmer Actresses... Judi Dench Rene Zelwiger Reese Witherspoon Elizabeth Hurley Penelope Keith Directors... John Ford Howard Hawks John Milius Terry Gilliam Peter Jackson
  2. The Doctor

Who is your favorite actor/actress?

My Favorite Year...Peter O'Toole at his very best...:thumup:
  3. The Doctor

Greetings!

:toast: :toast: :toast: :toast: :salute: Welcome aboard, Ruchelli! I joined in about the same manner...bought a magazine...subscribed...next thing I knew, I was spending my ever expanding lunch hours here! :cheeky:
  4. The Doctor

Manual

It would be great, but I'll bet there are copyright issues.
  5. The Doctor

New Player Guide

Thanks! The first scenario I opened was Israel '48 - pretty cool, but a little ovwerwhelming to a newbie...a little faster pace than Panzer Leader.
  6. The Doctor

New Player Guide

Great stuff!!! I feel like a caveman reading Einstein! I just loaded the game up yesterday - YIKES!!! It's great, but it will be years before I figure out a simple scenario. My version didn't come with a hard copy manual. The thing that would help me most would be a Quick Reference Sheet...
  7. The Doctor

Which is a better Beer and Pretzels Game?

Try putting two Risk boards together! You can hide in both Australias! I still say for Beer & Pretzels...it's STRATEGO!...blind man's chess!
  8. The Doctor

Potential TOAW Newbie

Thanks Guys! I ordered it from Naval Warfare Sims and it was delivered on Friday. I'm sure I'll be offering myself up as cannon fodder soon. ;)
  9. The Doctor

January 2005 Dispatches/Top 10 War Movies

Thanks Ronnie, for the info - and for being there back in '65. Never Forget.
  10. The Doctor

I don't know how SPR can be skipped. From weapons, gear, uniforms, vehicles...to the cast, acting and realistic battle scenes. That's like naming the top 10 baseball teams of all time and leaving out the 1927 Yankees. :(
  11. The Doctor

500 Greatest Rock Songs

174 Elton John - Rocket Man - "All this science I don't understand, it's just my job five days a week" - Great lyrics by Bernie Taupin. How about no post-"Goodbye Yellow Brick Road" Elton John.
  12. The Doctor

Which is a better Beer and Pretzels Game?

Back in my college days - a long, long time ago - we would have Risk games that lasted for entire weekends.
  13. The Doctor

JFK Reloaded

CSPAN? Can you imagine tuning into watch the House of Reps. or Booknotes and seeing "College Girls Gone Wild" instead? Maybe I need to watch more CSPAN.
  14. The Doctor

The Green Berets should be on the list for three reasons: A-1 Skyraider - a rare film appearance. Are "Flight of the Intruder", "We Were Soldiers" and "The Bridges at Toko-ri" on the list? AC-47 Spooky - I think its only film appearance. Fulton Recovery System - in any other war movie...
  15. The Doctor

Potential TOAW Newbie

Thanks! :thumup:
  16. The Doctor

Potential TOAW Newbie

I'm thinking about jumping into the TOAW world. What is the unit scale of this game - Comapny, Battalion, Brigade? What release of this game should I look for? Where is the best online place to order it? Any hints from you veterans for an "old rookie" would help. I used to play AH's Panzer...
  17. The Doctor

JFK Reloaded

...the good old days. When we only killed Germans, Japanese, American Indians and mobsters with vaguely Italian names... If there's a market for this stuff, let them produce it. Provided the games, movies, music are clearly marked that they are intended for Mature Audiences (leaves most of...
  18. The Doctor

JFK Reloaded

Iron Mike, I'm not arguing otherwise; it just seems to me the 'decorum' line was crossed a long time ago. I'm afraid the genie is already out of the bottle in this area. Doc
  19. The Doctor

JFK Reloaded

In the current world of FPS games, is this really that bad? In a world awash with bad taste does this game really stand out? How is it any worse than Oliver Stone's "JFK'?
  20. The Doctor

TV Westerns

From the Internet Movie Data Base: imdb.com