Search results

1. W

Waterloo 3D Game Dev Feedback

Hello fellow gamers! The first mini demo of Waterloo 3D is finally here! We are so thankful for all of your feedback that helped us publish the first mini demo! This is the first of 2 or 3 more mini demos before we go live on Kickstarter for crowdfunding. For the first time in the history of...
  2. W

Hello everyone, We are super excited to reveal our first gameplay video from the first Waterloo 3D demo! Check it out! We want to hear your feedback! Fred
  3. W

Philippe, hi! Fred here. *The game offers (as of now) the following infantry formations: Line, Attack Column ( column formed on the centre companies), Column -Right in Front and Left in Front ( formed on the grenadier and the light companies respectively) at half distance, full distance column...
  4. W

More about infantry combat modes in the game: *Infantry can adopt four different fighting techniques (both for attack and defence). 1*The first one is pretty obvious. Player battalion engages the enemy with continuous volley fire. When attacking one can command the player battalion to halt at a...
  5. W

In the following series of posts I will introduce the basics of combat mechanics for all arms, i.e., infantry, cavalry and artillery. Then I will delve a bit deeper into individual arms in later posts. *The four vital variables for a unit are morale, stress, fatigue and cohesion. *If the unit...
  6. W

A bit on the unit classes in this post: **************************************** We have decided to go with 4 unit classes: Militia, Trained, Veteran and Elite. Militia are the units that have the bare minimum training. Trained units have been drilled thoroughly but haven't "seen the elephant...
  7. W

Let me first start with the genesis of Waterloo 3D. I have been an avid wargamer and a voracious reader. My favourite Napoleonic campaign is the Hundred Days Campaign. So many what-ifs! Throughout the past 15 years I have played very many Napoleonic wargames and have come away with an ashen...
  8. W

Monsieur Marechal Lannes ! Thank you so much for your time and input. This is Fred, the chief designer for Waterloo 3D. Evidently you know your Napoleonics. I will post some nitty gritty about the game. And yes, we are aiming for a killer graphics quality + hardcore realism. There will be an...
  9. W

Hi Everyone! I'm trying to get feedback from the people that know wargaming the most (you!). We are building a PC game based on the Battle of Waterloo and are seeking feedback on what you would want to see in the game. We have already incorporated authentic Napoleonic tactics and uniforms in...