Search results

1. atomic

NULL result when rolling dice

Jacob and I are playing a game over VASL and for some reason, where he rolls an IFT, TH or MC, it returns "*null ...". All other dice rolls work. Does anyone have a clue to what is going on? There's nothing in the log.
  2. atomic

AP57 Kleckerweise - interpretations of SSR

In today's playing of AP57 Kleckerweise we ran into an interpretation issue of SSR 3 for which I would like to hear your opinions on. The completion of the last sentence of SSR 3 is irrelevant for this question. It is clear that the Germans have to create his three reinforcement groups prior...
  3. atomic

Defensive Fire as a passenger

I was playing Hitdorf on the Rhine as the Germans recently when an evil 10-2 and 747 moved towards halftrack with a passenger 467w/lmg squad. Of course, the halftrack and its passengers fired at them but the 10-2 and 747 survived the 20(+1) attack. Since the Americans had moved into woods and...
  4. atomic

Platoon Movement and (failed) VBM

Hi! Question regarding platoon movement and bypass: in an impulse, the lead tank in a platoon attempts a VBM move and the tank following it enters the hex that the lead tank previously was in. It now turns out that the clearance was not enough for a VBM so the lead tank never enters the VBM...
  5. atomic

What's the DRM?

Is fire from K6 to L6 is affected by +1 drm or +2 drm? We're playing it as +2, just want to confirm. Thanks! /asad
  6. atomic

LOS & Hindrance through orchard/road and woods/road

I thought I had this all figured but I can't seem to find clear references in the rule book at least none that confirm my view. ;-) Russian MPh: The 426 is in S9 and moves quite carelessly into T9 expending only one MP. The German 447 responds by firing a 4fp with a -2 drm. The dice are against...
  7. atomic

J103 Lenin's Sons setup question

Hi! I have a question regarding the SSR for this scenario. Specifically, SSR3 All Russian units may set up concealed regardless of terrain. The Russian may set up one squad-equivalent HIP along with any SMC/SW stacked with it. What does this actually mean? Can the Russians set up all concealed...
  8. atomic

Live VASL 1st week of March - CLOSED

Update: Looking forward to four game this week. Hi! I'm looking at some free time during the first week of March and am interested in finding a live VASL game, or perhaps even two during preferable daytime (CET = Stockholm, Berlin, Rome, Paris). Any takers? /asad
  9. atomic

CLOSED - Looking for a PBEM Opponent

Just as the title says. I'm looking to try out PBEM games again after a long hiatus. Played quite a lot PBEM before VASL. Looking for something simple and quick to try to figure out PBEM/VASL. A suggestion is ASL19 Back to the Sea but would be open to something else as well. I should be able to...
  10. atomic

Gliders and loss of ?

Gliders have just landed. It is the DFPh and the DEFENDER opts to fire his concealed units on the just landed gliders. Would the gliders cause loss of concealment? E7.25: "... Aircraft cannot cause loss of "?" The concealment loss/gain table mentions "ground units" to which there is no...
  11. atomic

Cost of movement

Hi! Every now and then you inevitable get stomped by some supposedly easy rules question that you just can't seem to resolve. Mine for today is a question of calculating MF cost for infantry. Specifically, what would it cost infantry moving from 58V3 to 58W3? My guess is 5 MF but I'm not sure...
  12. atomic

Counter Errata

Just out of curiosity, what do you do with the counters that are found to be erroneous? Do you show them No Quarter and get rid of them? Or do you perhaps try to fix them? Or do you take them to your heart, realizing that not everyone is born perfect and accept them for what they are? /asad
  13. atomic

Casualty reduced 747 that misses ELR

Hi! Just to check with the forum; a 747 that rolls boxcars on a 1MC (ELR = 5) is casualty reduced to 337 and then replaced by a 236 (2nd line). Is that correctly played? Thanks! /asad