Search results

1. P

ASLSK EP#2: Looking for opponent

Hi, I'm not sure if ASLSKEP#2 has been ported to VASL, but if so I'd be interested in playing a VASL game. Can do 1 move a day, sometimes more, 5 days a week.
  2. P

ASLSK any module

Hi, looking to play anything from ASLSK (I have EP#2 and PTO). Can do live or PBEM (or some hybrid). My skill-level is no longer novice, but certainly not advanced. Let me know.
  3. P

SK PTO PBEM/Live games wanted

Hi Chris, Hopping on this thread to say that I'd be into PBEM / VASL (or hybrid) for PTO ASLSK4. Drop me a line if game. Can usually do a turn a day PBEM and live sessions on weekends (Chicago / CST).
  4. P

Lock your rooms!

I usually ask once I'm in the room; didn't realize I could click to send a PM.
  5. P

Lock your rooms!

Hi! I received an e-mail from JAZZ. As a pjh, I can assure you I didn't intentionally do this, nor was I aware that it was happening. I occasionally pop into a room to watch a few moves (and learn), but I don't touch the pieces, for sure! I'm sorry that happened to you guys -- that sucks...
  6. P

Can a leader direct an MMC Infantry firing a BAZ in ASLSK?

@klasmalmstrom Thanks for the answer. @WuWei : I left off in the ellipses "or FG" so it would seem its the same as in ASL.
  7. P

Can a leader direct an MMC Infantry firing a BAZ in ASLSK?

In 3.2.2 (ASLSK#3), it says: "A leader may use his leadership DRM to modify the IFT DR of any one attacking Infantry unit (except a FT)..." Initially, I read that as "any one attacking Infantry using its inherent FP" but now that I re-read it, I think it might mean that the leadership DRM can...
  8. P

PBEM ASLSK

Hi folks, Look for PBEM, 7days, with potential vasl live. I have ASLSK#1-#4 and the DaE historical module. Up for anything.
  9. P

ASLSK4 PBEM/VASSAL

Granted the VASL boards haven't come out, anyone interested in doing this oldschool via PBEM?
  10. P

Chicago Area Opponent Wanted

Looking for a live face-to-face opponent. I started last year; I've mostly played ASLSK (#1-#4) but I do own and have played a few ASL matches. I'd be interested in either if face-to-face. Skill-level: moderate but inexperienced. I live in downtown Chicago, and so I'd like to meet somewhere...
  11. P

Questions about SWs and Guns

Thanks! That clarifies/answers everything for me, and it clarified the following in Rule 4.0: "A squad may fire any one Weapon at no cost to its own FP. A squad may fire two weapons (and a HS/crew fire one weapon) but forfeits its own FP."
  12. P

Questions about SWs and Guns

Hi everyone, A few questions. Thanks in advance for clarification/answers! (1) Rule 4.1 (Machine Guns): "If a squad is going to fire its own FP and a MG at the same target (at both the same hex and the same unit) during the same phase, they must form a FG; they may not attack separately...
  13. P

ASLSK4 PBEM/VASSAL

I haven't checked if there is a VASL board for the new PTO, but I'm interested in VASL PBEM. I can commit to a few turns a week, pretty easily. Might even be able to do a "live" session on VASL on the weekend for an hour or two to speed things along. Drop me a note if you are interested. If...
  14. P

ASLSK (or simple ASL) opponent wanted (hybrid PBeM / VASL)

Hi, My preference would be to play ASLSK scenarios, especially ASLSK#3 and Decision at Elst. I've now got the rules for Infantry, Ordnance, and Vehicles under my belt, so anything from ASLSK#1-#3 would be great. I also have read the rules for Decision at Elst, although I haven't played a...
  15. P

Transition Question: How to calculate Modified To Hit?

Ah! Thanks for the in-depth answers. I hadn't thought to apply the -1/-2 for 1-hex/2-hex to the DRM thus obtaining the "simplified" ASLSK CH numbers for those ranges. More importantly, it appears I'm not missing anything in the ASL rules for calculating TH and CH numbers! Onward to Chapter...
  16. P

Transition Question: How to calculate Modified To Hit?

Hi everyone, I'm slowly transitioning from ASLSK to ASL, and ran into something about Ordnance TH in ASLSK that I can't figure out where it is in ASL. Basically, on the TH Charts that ASLSK provides (in #2 or #3), they list Infantry Target Type starting at range 1, then range 2, then range...
  17. P

Calculating Base TH # (&Starter Kit)

Thanks everyone. V. helpful to determine where I went wrong and where I went right. I am using ASLSK#2's TH chart for the 37L. Interesting, yes, it appears that ASLSK#2 has 6 5 for ranges 13-18 & 19-24 respectively, whereas ASLSK EP1 has 5 4 for the same Gun.
  18. P

Calculating Base TH # (&Starter Kit)

Hi everyone, I'm trying to transition to ASL from ASLSK, and one thing (among many!) has me puzzled: calculating the Modified TH#. ASLSK#2/#3 gives you a handy chart with pre-calculated Modified TH#. But I wanted to see if I had everything right, so I tried to reproduce the work. With 5...
  19. P

ASLSK VASL Friendly League - Complete!

I'm going to opt out this time around; I have too many PBeM games going and entering a busy stretch with holidays. Good luck!
  20. P

SK1 / SK2 VASL 26th, 27th or 28th Oct.

Chicago here. I'm roughly same level. Did SK1 and have about 3 PBEM games started for ASLSK2 and/or ASLSK3. Likely can't do f2f but can do vasl Saturday night and/or Sunday.