Search results

1. nouge

VASL extension: smaller foxholes

Great idea Martin – and glad to hear there's something in the works to tackle this!
  2. nouge

Excellent - glad to hear you’re getting good use out of it! I’m working on putting together a bigger ‘slimline counter’ extension with slimmed down counters for lots of the 5/8 terrain and info markers. Hopefully it should be ready in the next couple of weeks.
  3. nouge

Hey Martin, what version of VASSAL are you on? I found it wasn't working with VASSAL 3.4.12 after someone else had trouble getting it going on that older version. If you're not fully up to date, you could try running the latest version and seeing if it works with that?
  4. nouge

ATT as Bounding Fire (in the AFPh)?

Thanks Jim - that was impression, just wanted to make sure I hadn’t missed something! rk
  5. nouge

ATT as Bounding Fire (in the AFPh)?

Hi there ASL hive mind, When firing Bounding Fire in the AFPh after having moved, can an AFV fire on the ATT? It seems like it's not expressly forbidden by C3.33… C3.33 … The Area Target Type cannot be used within the firer's own hex (i.e., at zero hex range), or as Bounding First (D3.3) or...
  6. nouge

Alright, I've refined the mod so that you can now toggle between a full-size opaque counter and a smaller semi-transparent one, and added some counter functionality that I forgot to include originally (cloning and deleting counters, basically). Here's a pic of the foxholes in action...
  7. nouge

Gotcha. Sorry, I thought you were talking about a technical VASL issue, but now I see what you mean. I guess Pacman Ghost's idea of a toggle-able counter would solve that problem.
  8. nouge

That's a good idea – though I'll have to work out if there's a way for the counters to cycle through both Foxhole size (1S, 2S, 3S) and counter size.
  9. nouge

I was thinking someone must have tackled this before. I'm not totally sure what you mean by the 'Right to Inspect' issue – are you saying the opponent can no longer inspect the stacks under the counters?
  10. nouge

Thanks Doug – I've started tinkering with a few other counters, so I reckon I'm up for submitting at least a couple more extensions. I'll do as you say and post this one up here and on Facebook to see what the reaction's like. I'm not sure if what I'm doing is to other people's taste – but I...
  11. nouge

[EDIT: to update the file in the original post to the latest version, and give more info on the extension features] Hey there, I recently found a proliferation of Foxhole counters on the Hattan map was making it hard to judge sightlines – so I tried I tried my hand at making a small VASL...
  12. nouge

C6.51 Can acquisition voluntarily track a moving unit when valid targets still exist in the hex?

It's a fair question – and although it's obviously academic, it's interesting to have a crack at it. Here's my attempt: My new text is in red, which is largely just moved up from the end of the paragraph, plus an extra intro line for clarity. A purist would argue this is less streamlined, but...
  13. nouge

C6.51 Can acquisition voluntarily track a moving unit when valid targets still exist in the hex?

It's clear enough for the application of the rules, as you guys say – once you've studied it enough to understand the intent. My point is a moot one anyway, since the rule is written the way it's written. I just think it's odd that it's written in a way that creates a barrier to learning, when...
  14. nouge

Philippe, everything you've said is true, but it doesn't really address what I was talking about. My only point – which is adjacent to my original main question, and is kind of irrelevant anyway – was that nowhere in C6.5 or its subsequent sub-rules is there a sentence that says something like...
  15. nouge

Thanks all, good to get a sense of the general interpretation. As an aside, the concept of acquisition following a unit seems like an odd omission in the rules - it’s only really present by implication, in the exceptions in C6.5 and the specific situation covered by C6.51. If I hadn’t worked...
  16. nouge

Here's a situation that my reading of C6.51 left me a little unsure about: A gun has acquired a stack of units in a building, including a leader. The leader advances into an adjacent building hex while the rest of the stack stays put. Does C6.51 allow the gun to choose to track the leader, or...
  17. nouge

AFV MG firing defensively in MPh & DFPh

Thanks Robin – was starting to second guess my interpretation there. Glad to hear I've got the right of it.
  18. nouge

AFV MG firing defensively in MPh & DFPh

From D3.5, I got the impression that an AFV firing defensively could fire it's various MG in both the MPh and the DFPh, but some other folks online were telling me that wasn't the case – that instead, once one MG fired in the MPh, they all had to be fired (or the opportunity is lost). Can anyone...
  19. nouge

Hello from Australia!

Uh oh, I've been rumbled. Gotta run! (Thanks for the cheat sheet options guys, I'll check them out – but actually I'm finding the process of putting mine together pretty good for ironing out the exceptions and intricacies of some of the rules.)
  20. nouge

Hello from Australia!

Hi all, I'm based in Melbourne, Australia, and relatively new to full ASL – I picked up the starter kits back around 2005, but only dabbled until I found a regular opponent last year, and now we've been steadily adding full ASL rules to our games. Now I'm gradually collecting all the ASL stuff I...