Search results

1. Millenium_baby

Looking at both sides

Is there a way to see both sides of a counter when mouse over in VASL? Otherwise a broken 447 looks identical to a broken 467, a 548 the same as a 468.
  2. Millenium_baby

leader directions different phases

In the Movement Phase the MMG in V5 first fire with range 10 at the moving German squads in L8 using the leader DRM. Is it correct, that subsequently the 9-2 leader cannot provide DRM to the two different units in later phases, e.g. directing a a range 3 fire attack at S6 in the Defensive Fire...
  3. Millenium_baby

Scaled boards

Is there an option in VASL to scale the boards in relationship to the other counters - e.g. to 140%. I know there is the "deluxe-size" option, but that is a fixed percentage.
  4. Millenium_baby

"Move" it

Hi, I am running VASL 6.6.6 with VASSAL 3.7.1 and a unit is no longer shown with a 'Moved' tag after moving it on the board. It has to be manually mark as 'Moved'. Is this bug or feature? I can see the utility, just wanted to check.
  5. Millenium_baby

Area Acquisition

Are there Nation specific Area Acquisition markers in VASL? I only find three different colors in the UNIT folder?
  6. Millenium_baby

LOS Map w

Quick Question on LOS on Map w. Is it correct, as shown by VASL, that LOS is blocked if it touches a corner that also is covered by a building? As the touched bit of the building can by design not be "visible on both sides of the" line, I assumed clear LOS.
  7. Millenium_baby

VASL ASLSK

It would be nice if the Terrain Transformation window during set up had an ASLSK option for set up. This would make the tool even more useful for ASLSK play. Main difference as far as I can tell is the hight of buildings. All SK buildings are level 1 only. And if I remember correctly hindrance...
  8. Millenium_baby

S11 Off-Board Terrain

S11 has as SRR to "Treat all off-board terrain as if it exists". Could someone shed some light on the implication of that SRR? Can the Germans in theory move around the playing area "off-board"?
  9. Millenium_baby

leader directing fire question

3.4 Defensive Fire Phase (DFPh) states "Leader direction used during Defensive First Fire can be used again in Subsequent First Fire, FPF, or Final Fire, but only for one firing unit" If in the DFPH a unit with a MG marked with a First Fire Marker wants to shoot MG and Inherent Firepower at...
  10. Millenium_baby

CC Question

How can a broken unit become involved in CC. My understanding is, that a broken unit must rout away from an adjacent enemy unit, in the rout phase, hence cannot be adjacent during the APh. A unit cannot become broken during CC/Melee. If a broken unit can become involved in CC, what is the FP...
  11. Millenium_baby

SKReferences_vx.x

Hi, I was looking at a log that referenced the extension SKReferences_v1.4 Anyone know what that is?
  12. Millenium_baby

new menues for firing

I really appreciating the fine tool VASL is. One thing I could see as a further improvement would be the option to extend the right on unit click options for prep fire and first fire to include a second level for prep fire that would include prep fire, adv fire and the orange intense fire...
  13. Millenium_baby

Hetzer vehicle notes

A minor note regarding the vehicle notes on the Jagdpanzer 38, the so called "Hetzer". The name is translated as "Troublemaker or Agitator" . While this is a correct translation, the term Hetzer has multiple meanings in German. "Hetze" or "hetzen" can also mean in German to be short of time...