Search results

1. Baetis

What ASL Product Have You Bought Recently?

Given this conversation, this will seem boring but I picked up Pegasus Bridge. I’m planning on adapting it to the full compliment of SK products and what remains of my full ASL that never saw use. The rather dumb thing is that I owned it before along with BV, Yanks, and FKAC. But I just couldn’t...
  2. Baetis

Hard to remember dr & DR for ASLSK

The SW malfunction DRs apply. Good additions!
  3. Baetis

Just getting started with PB: HOD

I bought it. Played it. Liked it well enough. It got more bad press than maybe it deserved but I had fun, which is what I expected from a game. The Carentan expansion was cool too (FYI, I have an extra copy of Carentan I’m selling if anyone likes HOD and wants another version - see BGG). I liked...
  4. Baetis

See, if I offer a “penny for your thoughts” and you give me your “two cents’ worth” I make a penny. Two in your case. Very kind! I’ll have to see if I can do this solo and listen to myself. :eek: Thanks for the suggestions!
  5. Baetis

Another new guy to the forum

I like the plexi myself. I can cover not only the map sheets but the scenario card and other aids (like the Sequence of Play). Keeps my card table tidy. And protects the paper. The poster frames have their benefits though!
  6. Baetis

Hello as well! Sounds like many of us are in similar situations. I know there are a strong ASL contingent out there but I have to say that ASLSK is robust compared to many wargames so while it may be easier than ASL, it's no slouch in the game department. Consequently, I'm leaning heavily...
  7. Baetis

Hi all; Not sure if it plagues you, but there are enough special dr and DR outcomes that I had to write them down. Doesn't always help then but it's been better as a result. I put this list together by phase. Would love to hear which dr and DR outsomes I'm missing. It's meant to be a living...
  8. Baetis

Hi Tom; Like you, I'm coming back to gaming in general. I had hoped to have time for full ASL over the years (I've been carting it around since around 1990) and despite collecting a lot of it, what I didn't collect was time. Too many other hobbies (fly fishing consumed me for years living in...
  9. Baetis

Snipers for ASLSK

Hi all, I’ve deleted the original file to avoid infringing on the original source material and to add the edits folks have provided. More to come.
  10. Baetis

Snipers for ASLSK

I got similar feedback from another player too. I’m making a couple of adjustments to this for the ASLSK crowd. I’m removing sniper check and TI as well as altering random SAN. The defender rolls and then the attacker will roll for a modifier if between 0 and -2 below the attacker. That should...
  11. Baetis

Snipers for ASLSK

This hardly qualifies as an exhaustive review but I looked through the 2nd edition Yanks and 3rd Edition BV and found no clear theme that defenders have higher SAN. In many cases they were equal. I’d recommend that players house-rule SAN levels to suit themselves. If you use the randomizer I’ve...
  12. Baetis

ELR & Casualty Reduction Simultaneously ?

Thanks. I actually checked this last night and found “unbroken” in both sections. You’ve all been great.
  13. Baetis

Thank you. I don’t recall seeing it spelled out in my SK rules. Should have thought to see what the ASLRB said.
  14. Baetis

I’m assuming a broken unit which fails a morale check by more than its ELR, both suffers casualty reduction and lowering quality. Is this accurate? An original 12 would eliminate it, so we’re talking a roll of 11 or less but grew than the ELR (which for broken 1st line and green units leaves...
  15. Baetis

Snipers for ASLSK

Great feedback. I’ll incorporate it. I just got my hands on S35 so I’ll check it out (was flying blind till now). Thanks!
  16. Baetis

Snipers for ASLSK

Anyone interested in playtesting some rules for Snipers for ASLSK? I slimmed (mildly) the rules from the ASLRB and wrote some of it in plain English. Since the ASLSKs don't come with counters, I created simple templates for use (a savvy graphics person could easily crush my work but they...
  17. Baetis

Newbie Question - Being fired at Moving into a building

Excellent. Thanks for the tidbits. If you care, I've posted some ASLSK sniper rules I'm toying with. I like them from the full game and it wasn't terribly difficult to recreate them. Could throw play balance (I'm testing that now) but I've never been one to care about balance. Real war...
  18. Baetis

Newbie Question - Being fired at Moving into a building

And ASLSK doesn't have enough complexity, eh? In your example, does the TEM apply to all shots? It just the FFNAM penalty that kicks in due to unit breaking.