Search results

1. MaxTheBlueMoose

Collecting ASL

Remember collect-ability isn't just about age, rarity, and shrinkwrap, it's about finding modules that have a connection with the history they represent. I myself have been fortunate to collect some modules that are arguably themselves a part of history. 1) A Bridge Too Far by MMP possibly...
  2. MaxTheBlueMoose

What makes a good HASL?

I'm going to try, perhaps foolishly, to get this thread back on topic. Thanks to everyone for their replies. Some people clearly put a lot of thought into their posts and I really appreciate it. So far what I have distilled is as follows. Apologies if I missed any points that someone was trying...
  3. MaxTheBlueMoose

What makes a good HASL?

Primarily what makes a good subject. But many of the other comments have been great too.
  4. MaxTheBlueMoose

What makes a good HASL?

With the recent releases of Hatten in Flames and Red October, along with several other HASLs in the works, I'm curious what elements in a battle designers look for when selecting a subject for a HASL. (HASLing? HASLification? HASLization? HASLed?) Are there any requirements? (Other than the...
  5. MaxTheBlueMoose

Any chance a 3rd Ed. ASLRB will be published?

Is there a list somewhere of the different HASL unique terrain types? Hakkaa Paalle is far newer than RB but it added a new terrain type.
  6. MaxTheBlueMoose

In praise of Battle School's Battle Dice!!!

Still looking forward to those Slovak dice, but I will just have to make do with all the other beautiful dice, I know you have more important things going on. Any chance next year might bring 21st Panzer as well?
  7. MaxTheBlueMoose

ASL Supplemental Map Bundle Question

Good points all. Got a little heated with the "core" thing. MMP does seem to believe having all the maps available is important. MMP will do what MMP does, it's their world. I bet MMP already considered making some smaller SK-Size maps or 1a\b size maps from the digital HASL maps. The...
  8. MaxTheBlueMoose

I'm sorry, but I must respectfully disagree. That is a tragic under utilization of some of the most beautiful maps made for ASL. Why can't KGP maps be used to represent other parts of the Ardennes or the Hurtgen? Or Eastern Forests? Would they be any less accurate in those roles than generic map...
  9. MaxTheBlueMoose

Thank you for the correction Scott. As you may have guessed, I don't own any of those maps. I am one of the unfortunate 273 (and falling?) who have pre-ordered so I would like to see these maps printed. Without heading too deep into "Sparkyland". What about adding the HASL maps? The Red...
  10. MaxTheBlueMoose

Action Pack 7 (60, 61, 62) is unobtainable until one shows up on ebay. It has maps 60-62. As a newer player some of these maps are actually harder to obtain than the first map pack. At least maps 1-52 [EXC: 42,43] will be reprinted in the core modules and those will be obtainable at some point...
  11. MaxTheBlueMoose

New player - San Diego, CA looking for VASL PBEM

Looking for an opponent for T2 The Puma Prowls. VASL PBEM. 3-4 logs a week (sometimes I do better but that's all I can sign up for right now) Roll for sides. I'm new to vehicle rules so, you'll have to be ok with me making mistakes :rolleyes:.
  12. MaxTheBlueMoose

Wow you guys are great. I've got a couple leads for now.
  13. MaxTheBlueMoose

Hi, I'm a new player to ASL looking to get my feet wet in some VASL PBEM infantry only scenarios. I played SL about 20 years ago, so I have some experience with the scenarios "The Guards Counterattack" and "The Tractor Works". I think they would be a good place to start. Located in San Diego...