Search results

1. Elfego Baca

Maps have ran away

Whew! After removing v6.6.3 and installing v6.6.3.1, I "found" my missing mapboards. TY!
  2. Elfego Baca

German AFV/Vehicle Info Cards [Deleted]

Ack, sorry Ken. I was referring to the aslcards.
  3. Elfego Baca

German AFV/Vehicle Info Cards [Deleted]

Ken: I hope this is the correct place to mention it ..... For the German PSW 234/2 AC (Puma), MP cost to cross a Hedge is 3+COT & Bog Check. Card for Puma indicates "3+COT". Didn't check other German AC's for this, nor AC's of other nationalities.
  4. Elfego Baca

Smoke & Routing adjacent to KEU

The brokie was DM'd. I didn't bother adding the marker when I created the jpg example. Wanted to provide the minimal number of counters necessary for the situation.
  5. Elfego Baca

I understand. Thanks for the clarification.
  6. Elfego Baca

I realize that the Smoke'd hex the brokie wants to rout to is also ADJACENT. I just thought that the rout there was OK under A10.5 because the ADJACENT stack became "unKnown" (due to +6 Smoke hindrance) once it routed. So 10.51 trumps 10.5. TY for the clarification. JohnM
  7. Elfego Baca

See attachment. Broken German (trapped on Level 1) is adjacent to KNEs, and must rout. E3/L1 not allowable. But is F4/L1 legal? It is an ADJACENT hex, but the brokie won't have a LOS to the British MMC in F3/L1 due to +6 hindrance between the two locations. (+3 Smoke in F3, and +3 from F4 (+2...
  8. Elfego Baca

Mortar firing w/o its Spotter?

Can a mortar and its manning MMC fire at a target in LOS without using its designated spotter? (The spotter would be better employed attacking a different target.) Didn't see that this was previously addressed. I don't think that 9.3 prohibits this, but you never know. TY JohnM
  9. Elfego Baca

SMOKE can block LOS of ADJACENT enemy units?

Thanks for the replies.
  10. Elfego Baca

SMOKE can block LOS of ADJACENT enemy units?

Hi all. Another Smoke question. My scenario involves full-strength SMOKE in a building hex with 1 1/2 levels (with a stairwell). MMC "A" is at Level 0, and MMC "B" is at Level 1. Does "A" have a LOS to "B" (and vice versa)? I think it doesn't (6+ hindrance drm), but want to confirm. TY JohnM
  11. Elfego Baca

A24.4: SMOKE as a Hindrance

Thanks JR. The article in Journal #1 says that its hindered as well.
  12. Elfego Baca

A24.4: SMOKE as a Hindrance

Requesting confirmation that I understand the application of A24.4. In the first example, the US squad in Level 2 of the I4 building hex will have its fire hindered at any hex at either Level 0 or 1. (Not just fire from Level 2 into an adjacent hex.) TY JohnM
  13. Elfego Baca

Goliath

TY JRV. Jeff B (the OP of this thread) & I are about to play Acts of Defiance, and I'm trying to come up to speed with usage of the Goliaths.
  14. Elfego Baca

Goliath

This thread won't die. Am I correct that a Goliath qualifies for road movement cost (1/2 MP per road hex.) .... It can't BU.
  15. Elfego Baca

Goliath

JRV: Sorry for using the wrong term. I'll rephrase ..... Is a drm applied when attempting to detonate a Goliath in Motion?
  16. Elfego Baca

Goliath

Late to the party, and about to play ASL135/A68 Acts of Defiance .... Is there a DRM for igniting a Goliath while its in Motion?
  17. Elfego Baca

Alert: New PBS D-Day documentary airing during 75th Anniversary

In conjunction with the 75th anniversary of D-Day, many PBS stations will be airing the documentary "Seize & Secure: The Battle for La Fière" on or around June 6. The documentary is a joint-effort of the National WWII Museum and Louisiana Public Broadcasting. Several ASL scenarios are based...
  18. Elfego Baca

Exemption from Bog Check for exiting "Bog terrain"?

TY JRV. The Terrain Chart does clarify things.
  19. Elfego Baca

Exemption from Bog Check for exiting "Bog terrain"?

Apologies. After I posted, I realized it was in the wrong location. But couldn't locate the "delete post" button. (Which I now see is on the bottom of the post.)