Search results

1. D

LIGHT AA.

My Answers: 1) A few 2) None 3) Perhaps once. As mentioned above, the US Navy literally festooned their combat ships with '20's...sometimes even connected to the ships secondary gun directors. But the saying went 'by the times the 20's start going off, it's time to hit the deck'. All...
  2. D

LIGHT AA.

Geeze, you're going to get in trouble for 'off topic' ! Who?
  3. D

LIGHT AA.

I can only imagine that the relative strengths of light AA fire in the game represent either play balance, or ease of play. The 0erlikion 20L's (in all their variations) represent a dedicated anti-aircraft weapon system.....with all the appropriate sights and ranging equipment. I am not aware...
  4. D

LIGHT AA.

Thanks!
  5. D

LIGHT AA.

Another question: Is a 20L AA gun (5/8 counter)....a light of a heavy AA gun? Presuming that mmg, and hmg's are light and fire in the IFT?
  6. D

LIGHT AA.

Hi Guys: Could you point me to the exact section of the rules that covers AA fire vs. aircraft? Since it's been a while.... I presumed that an aircraft could strafe four contiguous hexes (alone the same hex row) and also bomb one of them - if it was a FB? And reading some of the new posts...
  7. D

Foxholes and Woods.

In other words, a string of foxholes?
  8. D

Foxholes and Woods.

Thank you! Makes sense.
  9. D

Foxholes and Woods.

Perhaps you've covered this....but why are foxholes referred to as 'deathtraps' so often in the threads?
  10. D

HIP Mines

German 'S' Mines: 'Bouncing Betty's' about four inches in diameter, 8 inches tall...(big soup can size) Arguably the most prolific German mine About two million of them. Thought to have caused the greatest number of casualties of any German mine. Probably only killed a few solders - but...
  11. D

HIP Mines

Thank you!
  12. D

HIP Mines

Thanks to all of you for your help. I did want to clarify - what seems to be an anomaly in the sighting rules - and I do understand that rules are rules. So....I can see a couple dozen 'S' mines - through fifteen contiguous hexes of forest (assuming they're not HIP).....but I can't see a...
  13. D

HIP Mines

Perhaps you've covered this: The range for 'unconcealing' mines and other fortifications is 16 hexes.... Does that mean that a unit coming on to the board sees everything.....or just what would be in it's LOS? Meaning, is the whole board - within 16 hexes - revealed.....or just those things...
  14. D

Ozerekya Breakout (OzB) CG

Thanks!!
  15. D

Ozerekya Breakout (OzB) CG

Several minor questions: If an aircraft is killed/damaged in air-to-air or flak combat - is it eliminated for the entire campaign, or just the scenario? (including spotters) And I apologize, where is TM 23 located? Thanks again.
  16. D

ART and Woods or Jungle.

A newbie here: Is it yes, Aircraft can see in to the middle of a woods.....or no? (notwithstanding the sound of a tree falling in the forest)
  17. D

ART and Woods or Jungle.

Would aircraft strafing have an LOS in to the middle of forest hexes? Or would they be bound by the same LOS restrictions as OBA? Also, would Soviet HMG (the old Maxims) have any AA ability? Thanks!
  18. D

ART and Woods or Jungle.

Thanks for the explanation. But are you saying that - even with a three or four level height advantage.....you could not put a spotting round anywhere in solid forest? (understanding that the hex behind a woods hex would be blind) I was under the impression that the SR was a two level smoke...
  19. D

Rumanian Coast Defense.

Just a minor clarification: The naval base at Constanta was protected by triple 280mm German (Battery Tirpitz) guns linked together with German installed radar. Additionally, that section of coast was supported by similar rail guns running on track roughly parallel to the coast. It's only...
  20. D

German motorcycle troops question

The German army used motorcycles differently. Zundapp 750 Specs require it to be able to transport over a thousand pounds. The BMW R75 and its rival the Zündapp KS-750 were both widely used by the Wehrmacht in Russia and North Africa, though after a period of evaluation it became clear that...