Search results

1. Maurizizio

SM08 AT Non qualified use

Together with my friend we are trying to understand whether an American HS using the American AT is suffering a +2 DRM for unqualified (A21.13) use. Now, it seems it suffers a decreased of its B#/X# by 2 AND a -1 for Ammunition Shortage (because it is not Captured - A21.11). Is this correct?
  2. Maurizizio

AP196 steeple exists?

The SSR of this scenario says "Treat all multi-hex buildings as Two Story Houses (B23.22), with an inherent stairwell in each hex." In the map there is a steeple, two options: the building has 1 level and the steeple and therefore a 2nd level (the building is treated as a church); the building...
  3. Maurizizio

Orchard on the hill crest hindrance

Sorry, we have been playing too much and we start having trouble to think straight. Here below the situation: the German AFV try to shot at the American AFV, is the orchard in hex BB2 creating an hindrance?
  4. Maurizizio

LOS Bypass CAFP .... all and above

My ASL mate and me we have a sudden doubt. The american AFV is in motion in hex G3. To escape those bad Germans he would bypass the wood in G4. The question is: where we should trace the LOS? To the entry focal point (picture 1) or the CAFP (picture 2)? Thanks Picture 1 picture 2
  5. Maurizizio

C6.1 and C7.42: is +2 DRM used in Prep fire?

Dear all, together with a friend we cannot find a solution to our doubt. An American HT has moved boldly in the CA of a German MTR, and remain in Motions. Luckily in the DFPh nothing happen. However, in the Prep Fire Phase of the German MTR shots the HT. The first shots get rate and shock the...
  6. Maurizizio

Issues with latest version on a Mac?

Sorry, I didn't mean to complain. It was just to clarify which versions I was using. Playing on a Mac, I am not sure how much I ca ask for. And to be honest, I am already more than happy with system cause allows me to play (there are no players in my area). So it was nothing bad, just to be...
  7. Maurizizio

CC with a leader 8-0 wounded and a 9-2 ....

I have an embarrassing question. My 4-6-8 and my 9-2 leader got prisoner a 8-0 wounded. Just after that, a sniper broke the MMC. Following this the leader wounded attacked in CC and my leader fought back but with no result. After several fire with no effect (arghhhh) we are in Melee again. The...
  8. Maurizizio

Sherman V(a)

Sorry for the silly question, but what is the TK of such a tank? The “star” is before the Gun caliber, so not sure whether it should treated as 75* or 75 normal. Thanks
  9. Maurizizio

Search Casualty Reduction before losing concealment?

Dear all, just run into these three questions: A) a HS is running a search, one of the Accessible hex has 2MMC and a leader concealed, the casualty dr is made and the HS is eliminated. No other Attacker units have LOS to the Accessible hex. Would the stack lose concealement? I am confused by...
  10. Maurizizio

Paths movement and exit from a path in the woods MF costs

Please see the image attached. The unit in BB18 would like to enter in CC18 through the path (1MF) and then from CC18 enters DD18. How much is the cost of such last move (CC18 to DD18)? 1MF or 2MF? I couldn't find anything in the rulebook therefore I guess this is 1MF, correct?
  11. Maurizizio

AP78 Crossfire any help with VASL maps?

Sorry to bother, I am not able to fix the maps on VASL, is anyone able to send me a VASL set up for this scenario or the steps to put the maps in the correct order/position? Thanks
  12. Maurizizio

Bypass wall LOS

Russian AFV is stopped in bypass in hex Q8. Two Germans AFV would DF on the bad guy. Is the Russian AFV considered Hull Down: A) from Kull (AFV in N6); B) from Kranz (AFV in O8). See the picture. Thanks in advance for the reply (if you can point us to the rule it would be much appreciated ...
  13. Maurizizio

Motion attempts vs Tank-Hunter Hero appearance

Quick question: during the Mph phase, the Japanese player is creating a THH with a MMC in LOS of the American tank. Following D2-401: A Motion status attempt may be declared during the MPh of an enemy ground unit by any DEFENDING Mobile vehicle which makes a Motion attempt dr ≤ the number of...
  14. Maurizizio

Bypass Woods with Bocage adjacent

Dear all, I have played same scenario with two ASLer friends, both of them more experienced than me. As sometimes happen, with same question/issue, we get different ideas. See the picture attached: one of my friend believe that the HT should not be able to bypass the woods cause the Bocage is...
  15. Maurizizio

WA, HIP GUN, DRMs

Dear all, during a PBM game we had the following doubt. A German tank is moving close to a Hedge during the movement phase (Fig. 1). The German tank stop his movement in M10. (Fig. 2). Once the German player has completed (other movements done), the game entered the DFPh. The French defender at...
  16. Maurizizio

Wire hex "extension" and B26.44

Two opponents, two different views. See the picture below, let's suppose there is a Wire in hex Q1, would be a vehicle in R0 being able to bypass hex P1 (bedside P1/Q1) avoiding the Wire MP costs and BOG check? The doubt came because: A) the rule on Roadblock is quite clear about "extending"...
  17. Maurizizio

FireLane and Gully entrance

Dear all, here below a picture with a question: a unit entering a Gully hex that has a Fire Lane through, is it subject to the FL attack? If Yes, with full Fire Power? In the example the 4-6-7 in EE9 is entering the Gully in EE8. It spends 2MP. The American HMG in CC3 did put a Fire Lane...
  18. Maurizizio

J004 Wet Sahwahs: hex sides

Hi all, while playing the J004 scenario, me and my opponent had a sudden doubt. The SSR states: "All Grain hexes are considered Irrigated Rice Paddies, and all hex-sides of such hexes are considered Banks (G8.21)." The doubt is the following: Do the hedges exists or are they becoming banks hex...
  19. Maurizizio

LSSAH 41 - Are German AFVs SS?

Hi, quick question: are the German AFVs considered SS or normal Wermacht panzers (depletion number question....)?
  20. Maurizizio

ASL 75 - Strangers in strange land

This is my first attempt of AAR. I eventually decided to try one for this scenario. Me and my opponent have very different feelings about it. I believe that this is because some rolls and maybe a bold choice in the first 2 turns had give a clear direction to the game. The German tactic was quite...