Search results

1. H

Full Spectrum Warrior?

Thanks for the advice...
  2. H

Full Spectrum Warrior?

I haven't checked recently on the forum, so if this is a repost forgive me. Has anyone played Full Spectrum Warrior? What's your take on it? I've been checking it out recently. Any input would be greatly appreciated.
  3. H

ROME:Total War ships!

Finally....I've been waiting for quite a while for this one!
  4. H

Ghost Recon

Ghost Recon is a marvelous game. The AI can be quirky from time to time. You'll learn quickly that your teammates like to cross directly in your field of fire...It's always great to hose a buddy with your SAW. (That was sarcastic)
  5. H

What happened to Harpoon 4?

^^^^^^ That is great to hear!! :toast:
  6. H

Thank you.
  7. H

Was the project canned? I played the original Harpoon soooo many years ago. Anyone know of a naval sim in the scope of Harpoon?
  8. H

RTS Wargames

I've been keeping up on the development diary...it's great. Sid Meier is one of the best developers out there. If he puts his name on a game, you know it's going to be good.
  9. H

RTS Wargames

I can't wait for Sid Meier's Pirates! remake. That was a great game back in the day. If they can keep the gameplay with the improved graphics...WOW!
  10. H

Pluses and minuses of PC wargaming

I really like the chaos factor. I really like having to think on your toes all the time. But, don't get me wrong, chaos can reign in turn based strategy games as well. A defeat in a key area can put a damper on your plans as well, forcing you to think on your toes. :thumb:
  11. H

Best movie in the WW1 time period.

Gallipoli does it for me...I find Detective Danny Sorensen, I mean Silver Spoons, I mean Rick Schroder not beleivable as a WWI officer.
  12. H

Pluses and minuses of PC wargaming

A big plus that i see is the ability for Real Time play. Miniature gaming is ruled by turns. Chaos is a big factor in real time. The best laid plans can go down the toilet in ten seconds. A downside here is the predictible AI after some play time. Then the best laid plans will last at...
  13. H

RTS Wargames

Ain't it the truth!!!!!
  14. H

RTS Wargames

As much as I like turn based games, my true passion is for RTS (not so much the Command & Conquer type, but Close Combat etc.) Aside from the Close Combat series and Total War, what are some good RTS wargames (fantasy or sci-fi as well):bang:
  15. H

Best WWII game

Close Combat: Normandy Invasion...
  16. H

Has anybody play SuperPower?

I tried it. The concept is there, but it falls short. It's missing that spark that makes a game truly memorable.
  17. H

Rome: Total War

I've read that they've really tweaked the AI. Generals with experience will not take the bait on some feints (like they always did in Medieval: Total War) This game truly has the potential to be the quintessential ancient strategy game. It's truly time to build a new pc.