Search results

1. M

Erm, Sweden?

Okay, now I'm really confused. I'm Axis, opponent is Allies. USSR is not at war with Germany yet. Sweden entered the war. Now, I can't really see ANY reason to DOW Sweden this early, especially since the USSR is bogged down in Finland, so I suspect Swedish entry might have to do with a...
  2. M

Eastern Crusade

Did Lou's scenario ever get past the playtest? What about EC in the regular EA - any opinions on its balance or? I'm starting to get an interest in giving the variant a try.
  3. M

Game Wanted

I'm noticing I am currently lacking turns to play, even though I have a slew of on-going games. What does that mean? More games of course. I'll take either side, but currently have a 3.2 game as Axis so I'd like to start one as the Allies, though will play either. E-mail, pm or reply works...
  4. M

Disbanding units in neutral countries

In an on-going game, a group of german air units was pushed out of a Norwegian airfield into a Swedish airfield. I was going to disband them, then noticed that you can't disband air units (or at least, I don't think you can). Maybe there should be some kind of procedure for air and naval...
  5. M

Which side is the stronger one in 3.2?

Okay, so Axis were considered to have the 'edge' a couple versions ago... anyone who has played 3.2 have an opinion on it now?
  6. M

Event Bug

The German "continue offensive" bonus for France (130% shock) does not end with the fall of France, as is suggested by the scenario briefing, giving the Axis 10 turns of extra 15% shock regardless of whether or not France falls.
  7. M

Am I screwed or what?

Just curious how many people have had the the Axis attack the Soviet Union through the Middle East (and had the oilfields fall) and survived, in a game with someone of relatively equal skill. In all probability I'm going to have an 18 hex front in the best case scenario (Turkish-Soviet border...
  8. M

Turkey

What effect does an Axis invasion of Turkey have besides the partisans? I'm thinking event-wise here as the strategic implications are obvious to me (and rather aggravating as it's marring what was a happy Allied strategic situation. Damn you James).
  9. M

Persia

Okay, I already made the mistake of invading Bessarabia thinking it had no ill effects... (though realize now it might trigger Rumanian entry into the Axis)... what about Persia? Any affect at all from a Soviet invasion?
  10. M

US entry

I've been expecting US lend-lease for quite a while now but it hasn't happened... is something wrong? Here's basically what's happened: Axis Pre-war builds, Poland, Denmark/Norway, Yugoslavia, Greece, Italian entry, Soviet occupation of Baltics, low-countries occupied. In the case of...
  11. M

Sea Supply Roads

I invaded Malta and Shane offered that it was bad form to invade without blocking the sea supply road so that the units don't reatreat (making for an easy invasion). So I blocked it with some trash unit and took the island. My question now is do I need to disband that unit? The briefing says...
  12. M

Poles

The Poles surrendered 4-5 turns ago, but a Polish corps reconstituted inside occupied Poland... I checked the briefing but I don't see anything about it... Is this normal?
  13. M

UK Before France?

Anyone think of feasible ways to do this? Even very high risk ways. I can think of a couple of possibilities but the odds don't look too good. I'm thinking the timing would have to be really good... British army shipped off the island and without too many French/British units in ports around the...