Search results

1. M

Rules of the forum

Hasn't rained much here in the past several years. Some kind of weather pattern/climate change. At least now it's easier to fully appreciate BC's natural beauty ;).
  2. M

MikeJand Heat

Wow, I _just_ sent you mail regarding this before opening up the EA part of the forums... one of those sixth sense things, like when you reach for the phone just before it rings. Ok, maybe not. I don't think Koblenz will be changing hands again, as you decided to take care of the Frenchmen to...
  3. M

TOAW Stats in Excel

Ockham's Razor strikes again.
  4. M

TOAW Stats in Excel

I don't have one, but if you look in your TOAW-CW/Docs directory, you will find two files: Century of Warfare Equipment List.doc and Equipment List.doc The latter is the more updated one (I think - it's much larger and has a later creation date anyways, so I'd imagine so). The...
  5. M

Is Century of War 1.04 the best we can expect?

There are still some basic flaws (do a forum search on the TOAW forum here for "WISHLIST" and you'll find plenty of details), but overall I'm having a blast with it and I haven't seen anything better or as flexible yet. EDIT: I should add that Norm will probably release another patch, but we...
  6. M

Erm, Sweden?

Well, it could certainly be that succesfull if the Axis player sends adecent sized force into Sweden/Finland (as we speak, the facist hordes are raiing into Denmark to cross into Sweden overland). With the exclusion zone up and only Britain to deal with in 1940, there's little reason not to...
  7. M

Erm, Sweden?

Okay, turns out (at least I think) he intended to invaded Sweden. My opponent doesn't say very much in his e-mails (usually nothing), and didn't respond to my inquires, rather just sent a turn, but he launched a simultaneous attack on Sweden with Soviet forces and with a sealanding on Goteborg...
  8. M

Erm, Sweden?

Yes, there is. I'll have to ask him, but I think he'd be nuts to DOW Sweden (and I think he knows he'd be nuts to DOW Sweden) given the current state of affairs, which is why I suspect it was some kind of accident with that French fighter overflying the Swedish units. I'll give it a try later...
  9. M

Erm, Sweden?

Okay, now I'm really confused. I'm Axis, opponent is Allies. USSR is not at war with Germany yet. Sweden entered the war. Now, I can't really see ANY reason to DOW Sweden this early, especially since the USSR is bogged down in Finland, so I suspect Swedish entry might have to do with a...
  10. M

Medievel Total War

Your generals gain experience and you can retain them... you can also use royalty (kings, princes, etc) as generals.. but the kings and princes die eventually.. the generals last forever (well, in the new expansion Viking INvasion, generals die off after a while, IIRC). Now by last forever I...
  11. M

Disband question

Well, it doesn't really matter. If you want to keep the 2 corps in play go for it - I mentioned the rule because I assumed they had to be disbanded (which is why I left them alone unguarded and moved the French army forward). The entire French Army stands between them and the Rhine, so...
  12. M

Eastern Crusade

Did Lou's scenario ever get past the playtest? What about EC in the regular EA - any opinions on its balance or? I'm starting to get an interest in giving the variant a try.
  13. M

The best Toaw scenarios

Europe Aflame 2 Weeks in Normandy Kharkov 42 Korea 50-51 (except when there are nukes, blah) I'd tack on Wintergewitter here, but I'm only about 10 turns into my first game... so far it looks promising though.
  14. M

Somme a la Stauffenberg

lol. You're talking about a game that isn't even released yet. Hope you don't work in marketing :p
  15. M

Somme a la Stauffenberg

Wow, looks promising. Don't see how a 1km/hex, battalsion-scale game is going to replace TOAW though.
  16. M

Somme a la Stauffenberg

What is Battlefields? I must have missed the memo and I get way too many hits when I search for it.
  17. M

Game Wanted

Well, I don't want to get too far off topic here, but a military college in Britain conducted an intensely detailed wargame of Sealion a couple decades ago. They brought in German (and other NATO) Generals to participate. They used the exact operational plans that the Germans intended to use in...
  18. M

Game Wanted

I understand the logic behind it, but if we use the historical model, would Stalin have invaded Germany in 1940 (early 41) had Hitler invaded the UK? Considering how desperate he was to avoid war with Germany in 1941 (even), much less than 1940, I'm thinking no. Would the German armed forces...
  19. M

Game Wanted

What do people usually use? The war hasn't broken out yet, so nothing to report, but I am curious what you think of removing the Soviet DOW on Axis 1 month after the Axis land in the UK (or possibly extending that grace period to 6 months, allowing for a late 1940 invasion attempt with an...
  20. M

Patches

If you're using a no-CD patch or crack of some kind that altered the initial .exe, the ACOW 1.04 patcher might get mad unless you replace the orignial .exes You can either copy them from the CD or just do a clean install and then immediately patch. If you haven't modified the original...