Search results

1. Overseer

Wii

I forgot to mention here. A Microsoft Exec recommended the Wii to people as a great second console, and he made a jab at Sony's pricing. A Sony Exec said he agreed, people should go out and pick up a Wii with their PS3. Nintendo needs to start an ad campaign, "All our competitors agree...
  2. Overseer

Wii

I can't wait to see it for myself, I was interesting in Tycho's comments at Penny-Arcade though. He mentioned that some reports you're hearing about the controller (and videos) are extreme exaggerations and that the actual control is much more sedate than they seem to make it out to be.
  3. Overseer

Call of Duty 2

It's the only thing that happened on the Eastern front. Obviously.
  4. Overseer

Something I hate in CoD 2.

I stand by the fact that the AI was practically nonexistent. Because every single part of the game was so heavily scripted the AI only had to understand to move between a couple of waypoints at a time. Enemies never had to range far against you or had room for any interesting maneuvers.
  5. Overseer

Normal I think. The game didn't have AI. It had scripted actions.
  6. Overseer

Hahaha, yeah it was annoying. But it was the only way they could counteract the fact their enemies had basically no AI. I was altogether fairly disappointed by the game. Like the first one, it was an interesting cinematic type game experience but to me, not too much game.
  7. Overseer

Call of Duty 2

I've been slowly playing this at friend's now and then. At first I was very turned off by the game, but as time has gone I've warmed up to it a bit though. Also strangely, at first I thought the health system was an interesting change and not a bad idea - however, I've decided it actually...
  8. Overseer

Call of Duty 2

Don't have it yet, it's coming in the mail soon.
  9. Overseer

Call of Duty 2

Too broke, already bought FEAR and Civ IV... between that and rent money, I don't think I can actually afford to eat. Good news is, with Civ IV I probably won't feel like taking the time to eat anyway.
  10. Overseer

Play as the Germans

What a waste of the FPS genre... :whist:
  11. Overseer

CoD2 Preview

We'll see if that turns out true, many of the screen shots don't suggest that, but obviously that's not indicative of anything quite yet.
  12. Overseer

COD question

...or something remotely similiar to it, as tends to be the case on these forums... :halo:
  13. Overseer

COD question

I think he means specifically what military unit. Like Company A of X division.
  14. Overseer

Stairway to rock heaven - Led Zeppelin tune tops rock song poll

No, thrash was in the 80s and some of that was good. Now if you meant TRASH, yes, that's about all today's music is. :D
  15. Overseer

Star Wars: KotoR

In other news, we're rapidly approaching KOTOR2 I believe. I can't wait for this game. As you play through the second game, the way you answer questions about the main character from the first game tells it which ending you picked and builds off that. So in short if during the course of the...
  16. Overseer

Star Wars: KotoR

It has nothing to do with what engine it is. It's just what people made out of it. The engine when made for other games is primarily just a quick way to skip building all the graphical stuff yourself. The Q3 engine could just as easily be made into an RPG as most other engines (like Source...
  17. Overseer

Need more HL^2 help on Entanglement level...probable spoilers inside!

Someone PM me what it is... I'm curious (if it's the same thing I did).
  18. Overseer

Half-Life 2

I'm 99% sure that will only come from the community, just like with HL. The people that made coop for the first half-life were already mentioned by valve as interested in making coop for this one.
  19. Overseer

Half-Life 2

*gets giddy at a chance to look at source code*
  20. Overseer

You are gonna think I am a moron.

I used to play CS on dialup and get a little over 200, after I got used to broadband, I can't take a server that has over 60 for me. There's a noticable difference. :D