Search results

1. G

Turner's Gettysburg

Well, I guess he had to be a real colonel. They could have shown him in the background on something else, like they did with Robert Byrd.
  2. G

Turner's Gettysburg

Yeah, why couldn't he just have been another Colonel who bought it at Fredericksburg or something like that? I don't mind him getting his time onscreen, he's the main reason the film got made, just wish it made more sense!
  3. G

Turner's Gettysburg

I'll chip in a few dollars for The Last Full Measure! Seriously, though, are they ever going to release the six-hour version I've heard rumored about? Because maybe we'll get to see some more of Lee, Longstreet, Chamberlain, and Hancock. Berenger is one of my favorite actors, but I'll give...
  4. G

The Alamo

I believe it folded back in '99, though. Kinda of sad. Berenger was a always a really big history buff, even before he played Longstreet. I still wish they would have cast him in Gods and Generals.
  5. G

The Alamo

I really like Thornton. I believe he's pretty underrated as an actor. Maybe its because of his accent and the fact that his name is Billy Bob. Oh well. :nuts:
  6. G

The Alamo

I like DeNiro as well, but Pacino, not as much. Both are excellent actors though, but I agree that they wouldn't be real good in an old historical picture. Well, I don't know, maybe DeNiro could be a NY officer in the Civil War for The Last Full Measure! :D
  7. G

pics of people here.

Wow there sure are some ugly people here! :D ;)
  8. G

The Alamo

Elliot isn't in a lot of movies because he's not part of the Hollywood "set", the same reason you don't see as much of Tom Berenger (who also happens to be one of my favorite actors, along with Elliot). Berenger actually refused to live in Hollywood. He lives outside of Beaufort, South Carolina...
  9. G

Operation Justice To Hollywood!

I've given up arguing about Hollywood's "history" movies. Only a few filmmakers are actually interested in the real history, others just want to make a buck off of it.
  10. G

Best all time actor War or Combat movies

I also wondered why George C. Scott wasn't considered. He certainly played one of the most memorable war peformances as Patton. He also played as a military man in several other movies, most notably Dr. Strangelove ! He just seemed like he should have been a general in real life.
  11. G

The Alamo

I agree about Bowie as well. He wasn't as central a character as he was in the original, which I think was more realistic, since he was pretty sickly from the few articles I've read. The newcomer who played Travis was good too, but he just didn't seem quite as fleshed out. One other thing I...
  12. G

The Alamo

I rented The Alamo and just finished watching it. I was pleasantly surprised. I never did get around to seeing it in the theater and had heard all of the critics' talk about it. So my expectations were low. The movie was moderately good. Definentely not top tier (and not as good as the John...
  13. G

Gods and Generals review and reactions?

Exactly Tom. And the comparison is excellent. MacArthur (besides seeming kind of slow and boring) didn't show what many others thought of him, as an egomaniac and such. But you know, in Patton as well there was a character shown with rose-colored glasses- Omar Bradley. He is never shown in any...
  14. G

Away, Away, Away Down South in Dixie!
  15. G

I don't think anyone educated about the ACW could really think G&G was biased towards the Confederacy. I see where some that only are fed the media stream of everything the South did during the war was horrible and the South itself is worthless, since the movie was pretty accurate showing the...
  16. G

Turner's Gettysburg

Jeff Daniels is really a good dramatic actor, I actually saw Gettysburg before Dumb and Dumber and I wasn't that old, so I couldn't understand how that could be the same person! Anyway, he does closely resemble Chamberlain. I also believe Tom Berenger resembled Longstreet very much. I still...
  17. G

Turner's Gettysburg

I agree. Despite his excellent sense of tactics and his determination, it was truly his ability to communicate those to his men that led him to successthat day and thereafter.
  18. G

New Civil War avatars

Yes shocking! Oh well, I've still got General Gordon covered!
  19. G

Introduction Of Myself

Howdy, howdy! I'm GeorgiaDixie from the old ACG board. I have been interested off and on in wargames, but lately I haven't had time. Plus, I'm kinda of lazy, so stuff with a steep learning curve I shy away from. Unless its about the War Between the States, which has so few games about it...
  20. G

Exactly. That's the way to do it. The battle scenes are great!