Search results

1. Doug Leslie

“Drawing the Kroh”

Just getting ready to embark on this paradrop scenario. There is no wind at start but it is stated on the scenario card that wind is blowing from the northwest at start “for air drop purposes (only)”. The wind strength is not specified so it seems reasonable to assume that it should be treated...
  2. Doug Leslie

"Nearest" Building Hex

In the attached image, the broken unit in Y7 must rout. Given that it cannot enter X6 in order to reach the nearest building in X5 (3 MF), may it treat AA6 and X5 (4 MF each) as equidistant for the purpose of determining the nearest rout destination?
  3. Doug Leslie

"Posts 9-11" Trench Cellar???

I am playing this scenario from Journal 14. It is set up at night in Libya and the Italian defenders start in six trenches for the most part. To win, the Australian attackers have to control all six hexes. The scenario features the following SSR- "Prior to set up the Italian player secretly...
  4. Doug Leslie

J224- Posts 9-11

This scenario has the following SSR: 3. Fortifications [EXC:sangars] may not use HIP. Wire and trench counters may not set up in the same hex. Prior to set up the Italian player secretly records one trench hex within two hexes of hex 82S7 as containing a cellar location beneath the trench. This...
  5. Doug Leslie

ASL Advent Calendar

J. R. Tracy on X: "A fresh gift idea for that special Grognard in your life! #AdvancedSquadLeader @MultiManPub https://t.co/fHM8nR0oF6" / X (twitter.com) :LOL:
  6. Doug Leslie

6.6.7 Delayed Notes Bug?

Since upgrading to 6.6.7 I have noticed that the delayed notes feature does not appear to be working properly. When the time comes to reveal the HIP information, the message comes up on screen that it has been disclosed but the opponent does not see the note. Has anyone else come across this issue?
  7. Doug Leslie

SS 447 Counters

I am about to embark upon a scenario featuring SS 447 counters. The scenario is set in 1944. The VASL 658 SS counter has an option to underline the FP factor for 1944-45 scenarios to reflect its assault fire capability The 447 counter does not have this feature. There is a Q&A which confirms...
  8. Doug Leslie

M16 MGMC Counter

I am setting up a scenario using the above unit (US Vehicle Note 38). It looks to me that some of the counter info is incorrect on VASL and this might need to be amended. CS is stated to be 5 whereas it should be 4 The CE modifier for fire at the crew through the side/rear turret target...
  9. Doug Leslie

Berserk Unit v Crest Status Defender

Yes, halved. CC DRM apply ....Perry MMP
  10. Doug Leslie

Rout ADJACENCY

Yes; expect errata to clarify that such ADJACENCY must be to the unit. …..Perry MMP
  11. Doug Leslie

Peugeot 202

The first scenario in the most recent Journal ("Latecomers") features a rather obscure French vehicle in the form of a Peugeot 202. This vehicle comes in two varieties: a truck with 8PP and an armed truck with 4PP and an AAMG. For some reason, the latter version is not illustrated in the...
  12. Doug Leslie

Railroad Bridge

I am setting up a board that contains a RR overlay that crosses a stream. When I add the overlay, the RR obliterates the stream depiction in the hex. On the Scenario Archive however, some clever person has found a way to preserve the stream image on either side of the RR. I'm foxed. How is this...
  13. Doug Leslie

SS Assault Fire

I seem to recall that, at one time, it was possible to alter SS counters to give them late war assault fire capability but this function seems to have disappeared. Is my memory at fault? I am using VASL 666 on VASSAL 3.6.16.
  14. Doug Leslie

T26 M31 Tank

This tank is akin to the Polish Vickers tank and has two CMGs which point in opposite directions. The VASL version of the Polish Vickers depicts this with a port and starboard TCA but the VASL counter only has one TCA. Is this something that can be fixed with the forthcoming 6.6.7 module?
  15. Doug Leslie

Overlay Issue

Using VASL 666 with VASSAL 3.6.19, I added overlays Wd4 and Wd5 to board 42 for a playing of Armored Car Savikurki. Both overlays are visible at my end but have disappeared when sent to my opponent. A bug warning did come up when I first attempted to load Wd5 IIRC but I was able to load it at...
  16. Doug Leslie

Finnish Counters

There seems to be an issue with Finnish Counters using VASL 6.6.6 and VASSAL 3.6.19. When you click to reduce a green 538 squad to a HS, a 248 appears instead of a 238. Worse still, the HS is unbreakable! The doesn't seem to happen with the new beta version of 6.6.7 but I simply mention this...
  17. Doug Leslie

"No Gullies" SSR

I am setting up "Stopped Cold" from Hakka Paalle. The set up instruction has a SSR that gullies don't exist. I can replicate this easily enough in open ground hexes by covering the gullies with OG overlays and converting to "snow". What about woods/gully hexes though? It seems to be impossible...
  18. Doug Leslie

Blaze Shadow

No. .....Perry MMP
  19. Doug Leslie

HIP foxhole/pillbox behind hedge

Yes. Not if the entrenchment causes the result to be no effect. Reveal the pillbox. .....Perry MMP
  20. Doug Leslie

Maczek Fire Brigade

Late summer in Poland...the birds are chirping in the trees and the sun is shining. Insects buzz in the distance in this tiny hamlet in Novy Targ. The buzzing noise increases... what manner of bees are these? Oh crap...these are not bees. That noise is coming from what looks like the Nazi...