Search results

1. Doug Leslie

So what scenarios have you played Recently?

Single malt? I am lucky if I get a cup of coffee when I am doing battle.
  2. Doug Leslie

J223 - Latecomers

I played this scenario as the Italians. It seemed to me at the time that the best thing for my opponent to do with the AAMG truck was to abandon it near the exit hex and remove the AAMG, as allowed by the relative vehicle note. It is a sitting duck otherwise.
  3. Doug Leslie

So what scenarios have you played Recently?

Played Scenario 115 "Huns of Steel" against Marc Hanna. This is a scenario from Armies of Oblivion which survived unaltered in the second edition. Like most of the AOO scenarios, it is a very meaty effort which took a long time to play through (and we didn't get past Russian Turn 4!)...
  4. Doug Leslie

Majority Squad Type?

Alternatively, scenario designers should stop defining MST in the first place. There is no reason whatsoever to use the term with regard to defender OB since it doesn’t use cloaking counters. For the attacker, the scenario card should either say nothing or make it clear that the stated MST is...
  5. Doug Leslie

Your favorite thread on Gamesquad

Been there and done that. Worse still, I think that I answered the same question twice some time apart and got it wrong the second time!
  6. Doug Leslie

Majority Squad Type?

The issue with regard to majority squad type in night scenarios seems to be one that causes confusion and, in my view, the current "official" position is not reflected by what the rules actually say. In Chapter E, the term "majority squad type (MST)" first appears as follows: "E.4 MAJORITY...
  7. Doug Leslie

Disbanded column and mandatory entry hex

Any overstacked units will lose concealment if they are in LOS of an enemy unit
  8. Doug Leslie

Landing a Glider with a bridge in the way

I would say that the DRM apples to the hex as opposed to the location. As for landing on the bridge, common sense would suggest that this would only be possible if the angle of approach crossed a road hexside. The wording of the rule doesn’t exactly make this clear though!
  9. Doug Leslie

Low Crawl from In a Foxhole into Bamboo (A10.52 and G 3.2)

Per this Q&A, it appears that the MF expenditure to exit an entrenchment prevents a minimum move. “If a unit wants to make a Minimum Move, can it make MF expenditures other than the move from one hex to the other hex? A. No. May it change Location within the hex, e.g., leave a pillbox or move...
  10. Doug Leslie

Changing CA in PFPh and AA Defense (E7.5 and C3.22)

Case A only applies to fire in the same phase as the CA change. There is accordingly no Case A penalty for firing in the MPh/opponent’s DFPh. Similarly, there is no reduction of ROF specified in the rules for firing in a subsequent MPh/DFPh so COWTRA suggests that there is no penalty. Of...
  11. Doug Leslie

GRENADIER´24: ASL Tournament, Germany, CANCELED!

Drink beer and eat sausage. Always works for me.
  12. Doug Leslie

VASL versus ASL or Advanced_Squad_Leader

My issue is that every time I google ASL I keep being directed to the American Sign Language website.
  13. Doug Leslie

Pillbox and Sunken/Elevated Road

B30.1 specifically states that pillbox can set up in a road. The only exception is a bridge.
  14. Doug Leslie

Dash

I don’t think that this is consistent with the Q&A that has already been posted. The way that reads, dash benefits apply until the dashing unit is bounced from its destination hex, at which point it can be fired at with full FP (and attacked by RFP if appropriate). “d) What are the D1F...
  15. Doug Leslie

G11.12 Cave’s CA

As an aside, fire by a unit inside a pillbox at a unit entering its hex across its CA is PBF as opposed to TPBF.
  16. Doug Leslie

Elevation change in snow on skis

Never having skiied, I don’t know how much easier it is to go uphill wearing skis as opposed to normal walking and falling flat on ones face and I believe that ski lifts usually obviate the need for uphill movement. I think however that you just have to apply the rule as it is written and work...
  17. Doug Leslie

What is the CA of a recovered or repaired gun?

Don’t think so. C3.22 sets out the rule for changing CA without fire and states that it can only be done at the end of a friendly fire phase. It lists some exceptions none of which include recovery or repair.
  18. Doug Leslie

Only IFT MCs can Pin?

G9.31 specifically states that a panjii MC can cause pinning if the MC DR is equal to the unit’s morale level. The rules relating to FPF also reference the possibility of the FPF MC pinning the firing unit, as has already been noted. The rule relating to WP MC is silent on this and is therefore...
  19. Doug Leslie

Location of small arms fire against unarmored aspects

Well, you would think that. Unless, like me in an ongoing game against Tom Repetti, you have a HS counter with an ATR on the first floor of a building and your opponent rolls an OT HT into vehicular bypass at ground level. Suddenly that TK of 6 increased to 8 for range against an AF of 1 is...
  20. Doug Leslie

Vehicle Target Type vs HIP?

It is very unusual for vehicles to be able to set up HIP. On the rare occasion when this is an option, the vehicle would not be allowed to set up overstacked. Therefore, if you were so inclined, you could fire at an empty hex (or even an occupied hex where you suspect a HIP vehicle might be...