Search results

1. D

Favorite scale

web site I think you'll find www.freewargamesrules.co.uk/ a usefull site You can try out different types of rules and different periods. It's a cheap way to find out if you like something.
  2. D

Favorite scale

re 54mm skirmish We use a set of rules called "AClash of Arguments" for ACW. For midievil a very old set of rules called "Chainmail".
  3. D

Favorite scale

figure scale Re skirmishing with 54mm. With an 8'x12' table you can get a couple of hundred figures on a side. Also in that scale playing on a floor isn't bad, the size of the figures and buildings makes them a lot less likely to be stepped on.
  4. D

Favorite scale

what scale 15mm is my main scale. For large battles in WWII or modern I use 1/285th. I have some 25mm midievals for skirmishes, and some 54mm U. S. Civil War figures also for skirmishes.
  5. D

Any free rules out there?

wwI rules Check out www.freewargamesrules.co.uk/ They have a number of sets available.
  6. D

Table size?

tablesize I have an 8'x8' sand table at my house a friend who live nearby has an 8'x12' sand table. I've run division size games at 1 to 1 scale using micro armor. We also play ancients, renaissance, 7yrs war, Napoleonics and naval games, as well as Striker and Ogre. We've done battles...
  7. D

What are you painting right now?

work in progress I have a friend with a digital camera I'll see if I can post pictures when I'm done.
  8. D

Pluses and minuses of miniatures

miniatures Storm check out a dealer called Wargames in Triadelphia, WV They carry several lines of figures , plus accesories and rules. I don't know what part of WV you're in but their mail order service is very good. I've delt with them for years. Another option is to check out...
  9. D

painting The break down is this 6x T26's 3xMkIII's 2xMkIV's 3xBA-10's 2x sdkfz 222's 2x kubelwagens...
  10. D

How often do you get to play? Painting VS Playing

play vs painting Our group plays weekly, there are some times when we miss a week, so I would say we average three weeks a month. I try to paint at least one evening a week but I usually do two.
  11. D

Pluses and minuses of miniatures

miniatures gaming Patrick check out The Miniatures Page, I beleive they have a thread for solo gaming. It's http://theminiaturespage.com/
  12. D

painting projects Right now my main project invoves 26 vehicles and several squads of german infantry in 15mm for a skirmish campaign set in 1941 at the beginning of Barbarossa. Also underway are an Aztec army a Norman army and French and British regulars for the French and Indian War...
  13. D

System 7 Napoleonics

re system 7 I have found the pieces, but no luck with the pamphlets that listed what was in each set. We used Empire as our rules, and the reason we started to make counters was to fill in . Our campaign covered everything from Portugal to Russia. I'll keep looking.
  14. D

System 7 Napoleonics

system 7 I'll see if I can dig them out this weekend and get a list for as many sets as possible.
  15. D

System 7 Napoleonics

system 7 I have all of the sets, in fact in the 80's we made extra counters to expand on what was available. We've since moved on to miniatures, but it was a cheep way to get into the hobby.
  16. D

Thinking about getting started

game rules For the Napoleonic period "Grand Armee" i a good rule set for grand tactical actions. Brigades are the smallest units you're concerned with. A good game for beginners since you are not overwhelmed with detail.
  17. D

Looking to get into miniature wargamming

miniatuers gaming Check out HMGS (Historical Miniatures Gaming Society) They have chapters across the country. The web site for the Eastern Chapter is www.HMGS.org. another source is The Miniatures Page at http://theminiaturespage.com/ Scale of figures depends on what level you want to...