Search results

1. vmonster

New VASL Extension - BoardZoomer.vmdx

Adding another voice to the chorus - this extension is fantastic!! THANK YOU, fine VASL fellows!
  2. vmonster

eASLRB 2.1 Released

Though kinder is prohibited, by SSR.
  3. vmonster

Cropped VotG deluxe size map won't save

Ah OK - thanks for the reply! If the group has need for any other info about what I encountered to help with debugging, please let me know.
  4. vmonster

Cropped VotG deluxe size map won't save

Hi all - I wanted to try the larger ('deluxe') VASL hexes for a scenario on the VotG map that has a constrained playing area (to aide with counter density) - specifically, Hazmo's 21 Goodby Cruel World from pack 3. It seems I'm able to save and reload the full VotG map when its in deluxe size...
  5. vmonster

Concealed movement and CX status

Sure, this makes sense. Thanks to you both for the responses and clarifications.
  6. vmonster

Also I think I may have been unclear in my question - I didn't mean that an unaccompanied SQ/HS doesn't need to be CX to DT (it does) - my question is whether the opponent needs to know that it is CX (by placing a CX counter on the ?, thus revealing it as a SQ/HS) until the unit is revealed or...
  7. vmonster

Thanks for your reply. No doubt you are right, but is that in the rules somewhere? It just seems like unnecessary clairvoyance? But, then again, I guess the alternative requires the honor system ... I do know I am overthinking this, BTW :)
  8. vmonster

Hi there - my opponent and I are a bit stymied by something that's probably right under our noses. If a squad/HS is concealed at game start, out of LOS and moving through concealment terrain, and it moves 6 MF, does it need to explicitly declare DT/CX (assuming it is unaccompanied by a leader)...
  9. vmonster

VBM and the definition of Location

Very helpful - thanks to you both.
  10. vmonster

Mythical ASL creatures, spirits and monsters

The Bailrog, the crew survival demon ...
  11. vmonster

Sorry - I see this in the index: "SW (Support Weapon; any weapon depicted on a 1/2" counter)" so it does apply to tank fire. Thanks again!
  12. vmonster

Ah - thanks so much, Quick follow-up - I see that case E is marked 'NA to SW' - it still applies to vehicle MG and IFE though, correct?
  13. vmonster

Hi - I realize this may be a dumb Q, but I'm trying to clarify if a VBM tank is considered in the same Location as enemy infantry in the ground floor of a bypassed building. If yes, are these true? (1) The tank can fire MA/CMG IFE/MG @ the infantry as TBPF (assuming TCA allows it...
  14. vmonster

Looking for patient soul(s)

Hi all - I have an offer for a game. Thanks to those that responded!
  15. vmonster

Looking for patient soul(s)

Hi esteemed ASL people! So, after nigh on many years of collecting and lurking, I am realizing that I am not getting any younger and I better start playing this &@#$#&! game at some point. So – I guess I am looking for a PBEM VASL game. I would classify my skill and experience as ‘book smart...
  16. vmonster

PBEM 'how to' re: log file annotation

Thanks very much for the additional background & encouragement, sirs. A_T_Great, I'll keep an eye out for your next announced opening, perhaps I can take you up on your offer in the future.
  17. vmonster

Thanks so much, Eagle4ty. This was just the document I was looking for. Re: trust factor, fully understood. Fun is what I seek, and I am the least competitive person one is likely to meet (wife says to a fault :-P), so there is no problem!
  18. vmonster

Hi all - I'm a long-time ASL fan/collector and lurker here on the forums, having a bit of a 'life is too short' moment and thinking about jumping in and actually playing this game that I have been fascinated by since the 90's. I am thinking I will post in 'games wanted' and try to find some...
  19. vmonster

BP HD status on a Hill

is the BP haggis-down?
  20. vmonster

Illuminating Rounds: Episode 21: To the Matter Born vs the Expert

Ah yes found it - thanks! And thanks to Dave and Martin for sharing these.