Search results

1. Patrocles

CMSF called it! - U.S. Army calls for more body armor in Syrian war! (the onion)

:crosseye: CMSF was way ahead of us on predicting a U.S.-Syrian conflict http://www.theonion.com/articles/army-calls-for-increased-body-armor-for-troops-in,18601/
  2. Patrocles

New members introduce yourself here

At this time I am burned out on computers and computer gaming and i have decided to go "retro." LOL That is why i have made the decision to seek face-to-face battles. At this time I prefer the tactile sensation of pushing real counters around a real board with a real opponent across the table...
  3. Patrocles

New members introduce yourself here

wow...my login name and password is still active?! LOL I joined waaay back when this site and armchair general shared the forum and I was playing Combat Mission PC games. I don't think I ever posted here after the sites went their separate ways. Anyway...I'm burned out on PC wargaming (but not...
  4. Patrocles

Music: what are you Listening to now?

cool...my friend has introduced me to what is loosely defined by some as "soundscape." Some of the few acts that I have heard and liked are Symbiosis, Zoviet France, some Brian Eno material. I'm not a music expert and don't know how to describe this music other than it has a slow-medium tempo...
  5. Patrocles

copy that!
  6. Patrocles

now it is 1984, Knock-knock at your front door, it's the suede-denim secret police they have come for your uncool niece! haha! "Fresh fruit for rotting vegetables" I think I still have a vinyl copy buried somewhere! great album ohhhh!! and don't forget "Let's Lynch a Landlord" and...
  7. Patrocles

oh, the other nice find for moi in the past couple of years has been the Yoshida Brothers. These young japanese lads play the three-stringed tsugaru-shamisen as a duo. The traditional arrangements really RAWK, but some of the 'new age' material is rather weak (IMHO). It is an odd sound and an...
  8. Patrocles

hmmm...I'm intrigued by your description of this music. I will have to search out some of their tunes.
  9. Patrocles

the joy if MP3 players...tons of tunes for listening enjoyment currently spending time with... Kraftwerk Iron Savior Runaways The Stalk-Forrest Group - this is a MUST HAVE FOR Blue Oyster Cult fans, it is the first incarnation of B.O.C. iirc from ~1970 British Seapower Mahler...
  10. Patrocles

Call of Duty 2

bummer! hey, can CoD2 be modded to make the game more realistic? ditch the healthpacks, reduce enemy spawn numbers, increase weapon realism, etc...
  11. Patrocles

Call of Duty 2

yeah, i read about the health system in Overseer's review link...rather odd imho (iirc the reviewer called it somefink like "Halo Health" due to it's striking similarity to the fps game Halo)
  12. Patrocles

Call of Duty 2

wow! sounds like a winner. perhaps some mods will be available to make the game realistic?
  13. Patrocles

Call of Duty 2 Screens

very nice! they look too good to be true! I hope my comp can run the game. :)
  14. Patrocles

Play as the Germans

I play SS and Fallschirmjager in many many wargames. but then again these wargames are not FPS style and probably have too many rules so you kids don't play them. :laugh: I don't know if the thread was saved but I started a thread where CoD toy soldiers were sold. The company received a...
  15. Patrocles

Play as the Germans

I would buy it. why not the waffen SS? or fallschirmjager?
  16. Patrocles

Anti-Virus programs

MicroTrend PC-cillin internet security. I tried Norton but it caused too many problems in my computer. http://www.trendmicro.com/en/products/desktop/pc-cillin/evaluate/overview.htm check on the internet for reviews of anti-virus products.
  17. Patrocles

Tae Guk Gi - The Brotherhood of War

you're late!! ha ha post a review!! use the search engine! The search engine is your friend. :) http://www.war-forums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19230&highlight=Tae+Guk+Gi+Brotherhood+of+War damn! did i really start a thread on this film in SEPT. 2004! time flies...
  18. Patrocles

CoD players

ha ha! yeah, with broadband we can no longer use the "internet lag" excuse after being killed! :)
  19. Patrocles

CoD players

cool! I'll keep my eyes open for 5ACG meetings. I will be your perfect opponent; I'm a lousy shooter and I serve as an excellent target! :p
  20. Patrocles

Call of Duty?

Use the search engine. The search engine is your friend. :) link to the demise of the CoD forum...it passed quickly surrounded by friends and family