Search results

1. D

Arrests Made in Half Life 2 Code Theft

Now I see hundreds of overwieght, greasy Nerds leaning close to thier computer screens breathing heavily and fogging up thier glasses perched on thier zit filled face as they play Half-Life multi-player in 3rd-Person watching thier female character jump up and down, up and down,...... :shock...
  2. D

77th Black Templars Crusade

Hehehe....loyalist dogs.... *Insert witty battle tanut here that ends with ->* Iron Warriors! Muahahahaha!
  3. D

The Ultimate WW2 movie thread

That reminds me of that scene when the Jap base is overun and the one Japanese soldier (medic) is clutching a wounded comrade/patient to his chest while either a) crying as the shooting was happening or b) holding out a knife to hold back the americans in a sad and pathetic attempt (damn my bad...
  4. D

The most striking scene to me was later in the film when the soldier was sourounded by the Japanese infantry, and after a few seconds still tries to fire his rifle. Very touching, imo. I liked it, but it did seem a bit too slow and emotionaly oriented. But then, look at Apocalypse Now. To me...
  5. D

Civilization Three

For me, it was worse. I had just finished a bout of MOO2 playing with my best buddy, and was one of the first to purchase MOO3. I had NO preperation for what was in store. Nadda. Nothing. I WAS EXPECTING GOLD!!! And instead, I got more useless and confusing information then EVER before...
  6. D

Silent Hunter 2

Great game, although I havnt played in a while still, one thing I didnt think was too realistic was the time i was rammed by a desroyer and didnt sink, exspetialy wierd because it sat on me for about 3 minutes. also, there wasn't a way to get resuplied at sea (to my knowlege)
  7. D

Day of Defeat

Yep, played DoD since Beta .6 (maybe 3.6 or 1.6 ? Ah, I dunno) Loved it, still love it, and can't wait for DoD 2 on the Half Life 2 engine!!! I have Hidden and Dangerous 2, but multiplay is always laggy for me, and not to terrible ralistic.
  8. D

At least in movies like Saving Private Ryan the action sequences had a feeling of realism to them (more so in Band of Brothers, but then again BoB was real and saving Private Ryan was fictional) but the fight scenes in Windtalkers were just pathetic and didn't seem like the video was used...
  9. D

HOI players??

Ok, one question, what does the "Old Guard" skill mean for the game? I can't find it anywhere. And my best moment: Being Germany and having Russia cut a deal with me. Have conquered most of Europe (not allied, annexed) Except for Italy and Spain and Slovakia Having Nuked GB into submission...
  10. D

HOI players??

I love HOI, but the one beef I have is the lack of AI to an effective level. Once, as Germany, I captured the ENTIRE British Atlantic/Home fleet! I mean, now I had 1 Aircarrier, plus 5+ battleships and plenty of destroyers etc. Also, they can't pull of effective naval landings. I got...