Search results

1. P

Origonal Nintendo Entertainment System

Guerilla War was my fav....you had unlimited continues....for me at the time....that was great, lol....that was the first console game I ever beat....lol I also loved Blades of Steel....although I always got beat by my brother....
  2. P

Armchair General Gaming Teams

If anyone wants to go on Wolfenstein Enemy Territory, I'm there with the same name as my name here but with [AG] before it. If anyone here on AG wants to form a team or at least be able to identify fellow members go ahead and put the AG on your name. Hey for a free game.....it has its flaws...
  3. P

Help - Rise of Nations - Strategic advice needed!

I just achieved one of my greatest victories to date.... Playing on the "British Isles" map, I (playing as the Turks) was started on the same island right next to the French....ugh...the smell was horrible. I made my personal record....I defeated the entire French nation in get this....6 min...
  4. P

Name your favorite War-related songs!!

There's a song by the Irish punk band "Dropkick Murphys" called "The Fighting 69th" about the 69th New York Regiment of the Irish Brigade. It's basically about how the Irish felt about the war. "We're the boys who fear no noise, we're Fighting 69th" "Until we plant the Stars and Stripes...
  5. P

In the interest of preventing subject creep.....I'll make this quick....what's wrong with the movie? Granted, there was too much homefront stuff, not enough battle, it was very pro-Southern, but still, I liked it and I loved trying to pick out who I knew in a lot of the scenes. Seeing...
  6. P

There's a song on the soundtrack for "Mighty Wind" the Christopher Guest movie called "The Ballad of Bobby and June" it's a Civil War ballad about a Union soldier....it's supposed to be kinda cheesy, but in reality, it's more like real Civil War songs. "....but they fell in love....to the...
  7. P

The Ultimate WW2 movie thread

Apart from a few scenes and good music, this movie, regardless of Saving Pvt. Ryan, didn't do it for me. I know that some of the older Pacific theater movies are a bit cheesy, but Thin Red Line doesn't even compare to them. I have no bias towards the Pacific theater, but I, like many are more...
  8. P

Best Superhero?

I voted for the X-Men Why? I dunno, Wolverine, Cyclops, Storm, Prof. X....multiple mutants for multiple villains.... I wish Aquateen Hunger Force was on here....Frylock, Master Shake and Meatwad....one of the most hilarious cartoons on TV
  9. P

Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory

I hate whining, I really do....but some idiot spawncamped in a 5 on 3 situation tonight. The server says it's legal, but in that case, it's just plain stupid....the obsenity censor didn't hide the crap he was saying either. Eh....I'm just venting...normally I get a really good game in, pretty...
  10. P

The Ultimate WW2 movie thread

Re: Midway. I feel the same way.....1500 people died on that ship and they created two who more or less cared about themselves instead of others.....like Mr. and Mrs. Isadore Strauss, who offered their seats on a lifeboat and remained on the ship. I may get flamed for this, but I must...
  11. P

That's the one bad thing, my lord....stuff doesn't come out at the same time everywhere. I played part of one game when I got home late last night and it's very cool. The architecture for the Americans is very good. Sadly, no new maps :( Oh well, I'm sure there's tons of good ones out there on...
  12. P

Thrones and Patriots is now out in the US! I immediately went to get it and it's definately worth it! It's 24.99 US at Best Buy. Unfortunately, I don't know when it comes out elsewhere.
  13. P

Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory

Yeah, I know, this is the third game I've posted on seeing if anyone else plays it, so bear with me :thumb: Anyone play ET? It's free, online human vs. human action. it's nowhere near the level of BF 1942, but hey....it's free. my handle on ET is Dr. S's Henchman
  14. P

Battlefield: 42 Tech Problems

42 thanks for the help! I delved deeper into the question and found that there is known conflicts with the same type of graphics card that I have, but EA's list didn't specifically mention mine, and I didn't see mine on the list. I try to check the requirements before I purchase a game, but...
  15. P

Battlefield: 42 Tech Problems

Hey all, I just purchased BF and it starts up and all just fine (Somehow the developers made it so that their logo runs) then when I try to play, it dissappears....nada...nothing... any suggestions? I decided to post this here because I figure the largest number of BF players would surf...
  16. P

Evil Genius

Dr.S, my liege!, I merely saw this great quote and had to put it up! :bowdown:
  17. P

Evil Genius

I extrapolated co-ordination points from Dr. S's photo and rotated the silouette to fit the face and it IS Dr. S!!!!...........figures...:spill: Note: I didn't extrapolate anything....I can barely program my VCR
  18. P

Your opponent is the Germans....did you set it to pre-WW2 Germans? if so, they'll come back to bite you in the rear....if they're modern Germans.....they'll ally with France and surrender immediately! :laugh:
  19. P

Stronghold: Crusaders

I just purchased Stronghold: Crusaders for the low price of 9 dollars US. It's a neat game, fun to play, a bit annoying when your popularity waxes and wanes and you can't figure out why. It's a lot of fun experimenting on different castle designs. Anyone else play this game and/or have strategy...
  20. P

Asheron's Call Players?

Hey, I was just wanting to see if anyone on here plays the online MMORPG Asheron's Call. My main character is a lvl 27 axer named Commander Tomalak who lives on Solclaim. I also have a life mage/soldier named Ibrahim ibn Teal'c that I just created not too long ago.