Search results

1. G

How far do you sub type a terrain type?

Nick, If it is impotant to your game play that there are two clearly different types of effects for your scrub I would go with your idea of Type 1 medium scrub and Type 2 medium scrub. regards Gary
  2. G

AATF Databases

Hi z1812 As Pat said earlier the databases are all stand alone, each with its own assocciated graphics and sounds. If you install all of the ATF series and AATF into one file you can use any "One" database to build a new scenario. The other option is to save a selected database with a new...
  3. G

Post your best results from AATF: JRTC 02 Scenario Here!

JRTC 2 in 19mins. 1 Apache lost and 61 friendlies on the objective. Curt I used your new database for this one.
  4. G

Star & Crescent: Adding Vehicles & Modifying Scenarios

Dave, The databases that ship with the ProSim simulations are protected. To make modifications to the database that will be saved you have to make a copy of the database and rename it.
  5. G

Help with new maps/scenarios

All of the data needs to go into the Data folder.
  6. G

Market-Garden AAR Gary vs Baelfiin

Hi Norad, I might have Frost on the ground but "It never snows in September" Gary
  7. G

Build 160

Hi T, how do you feel about trying another PBEM. Gary
  8. G

The Falklands War 1982

Hi, The simulation will include Sea King helicopters, all of the Royal Navy air defence missile systems and the Mirage. I have included the Super Etendard and Exocet combination. However because all of the scenarios either take place in land or on the coast and not in the open sea there...
  9. G

The Falklands War 1982

Hi Guys, I thought you might like to see how The Falklands War 1982 is shaping up. The two pictures show the same tactical situation. Two teams from 1 Amphibious Commando Company moving in on Government House. One shows the Contour Map view, the other the Colour Map view. Currently every...
  10. G

Scoring

Don, I received this reply from Col Jim today, Thank you for the detailed email with the attached files. I tried to fix this during the summer, but I could not find enough examples that would enable me to replicate the problem enough times so that I could locate the source of the...
  11. G

Scoring

Hi Don, I have just sent off a bug report to Col Jim, explaining everything Charles and I have found. I also included the scenario file, aar file and the pbem turn files. Hopefully that should provide Col Jim with everything he needs. cheers Gary
  12. G

Scoring

Charles and I have started our score test game using Baghdad Fumble. After I completed my moves as bluefor for turn 1 and before saving the turn I checked the score window. All was as it should be. No victory points or casulties for either side. Charles sent me his turn one. Apart from...
  13. G

Scoring

Charles, I sent my first turn in our PBEM test game to you a few days back. Just checking to make sure you got it. cheers Gary
  14. G

Defense in depth, or put it all on the line?

With TacOps I try to keep to what works in real life. It seems to me with this one that what gets you killed in the real world gets you killed in TacOps. I usually go for depth defence. Placing a screen forward to engage the enemy recce units and force him to deploy his follow on units...
  15. G

Scoring

Charles I am still willing to test play the scenarios. Please let me known which scenario you would like to try first. Gary
  16. G

Scoring

Don, If it proves to be the case that the scoring problem is because not everyone was on the same software version, is there any chance the Opfor II tournament can be continued? Gary
  17. G

Scoring

I have tried to reproduce the scoring problem using Northern Watch. I tested as human v AI and pbem game. All seems to be ok. The pbem involved me playing as both the blue and red force commander. I could not reproduce the scoring error. I wonder now if my oppent was playing with the most up...
  18. G

Scoring

Further to my last post. I had the supplement file installed. I'm running a pent4, 3.06 processor with 512 meg of memory. So its not just older machines that have experienced the scoring problem. Gary
  19. G

Scoring

I was running ver 2.0.3 as on 1 Jun 04. The game I played had some odd scoring , showing heavy losses to both sides before any combat started. I reported it to Col Jim but never got a reply. Gary
  20. G

Who is still "IN" the OPFOR II Tourney??

I guess its fair to say at this point that the DA tournament is dead. Its a great pity because it seems to me it is not due to lack of support from the players but from a complete lack of support from Col Lunsford. DA is in my view a great game but in its latest format it remains unfinished...